User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default NF and Leadership

Well I've been watching the show Lost for the past few weeks. It conveyed the importance of strong leadership and how it is essential for the wellbeing of a group. Are you guys leaders? Do people consider you leaders? Personally I'm only a leader in certain situations. For instance I've been in multiple groups that consisted of slackers. Unfortunately this forced me to become the leader or else i would get a horrible grade. I also have to feel superior to the people in the group (which isn't often at all). It's almost as if I need the right to lead them. It seems that if i had been raised differently I would have the ability to lead more people more efficiently. Its as if its in my blood but its never been tapped to its fullest potential.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

A lot of people do see me as a leader, and I do enjoy being the leader. However, like you said, it is situational. I love leading people and getting them motivated and encouraging people to work towards a common goal, however, I do not like leading in a way that seems like it's all planning. I do not like leading trips, or leading a schedule, if that makes any sense

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

if I am in a group of people and they are unmotivated, then yea being a "leader" is very easy for me. But if someone else wants to take the reins...then have it.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, I avoid leadership unless I'm the only one who recognizes a necessity, then people wish they were in charge...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    if I am in a group of people and they are unmotivated, then yea being a "leader" is very easy for me. But if someone else wants to take the reins...then have it.
    same

It's pretty easy for me to lead a group or an effort led or staffed by people who don't know what they're doing. I pretty much naturally just say, "so what are we doing?" to try to urge the actual leader to get things on course. Failing that, I then progress to, "okay, this is what we're doing:" and then people tend to listen to me because they're just looking for direction.

I've begun to let certain things that I don't care about slide, letting them 'fail' under others' poor leadership.. I've got problems but a waste o' time ain't one

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

i'm usually the 2nd in command type. i prefer to be in this type of support role, but people see me doing this and try to move me into a leadership position. i try it out and then resent it... every time. i think i can do it well, but it is not my preference.

MBTI
    ISTP

Well, my boss is an ENFJ and I find he's a really good leader. He has an odd combination of charisma/vision, organization and decisiveness, and superb people skills. I think he genuinely cares and tries to bring out the best in his employees.

Everyone here in the office has complete faith in his decisions.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Well, my boss is an ENFJ and I find he's a really good leader. He has an odd combination of charisma/vision, organization and decisiveness, and superb people skills. I think he genuinely cares and tries to bring out the best in his employees.

Everyone here in the office has complete faith in his decisions.
    Yeah, I think ENFJs actually fall under the list of "natural born" leaders; the rest of us, not so much. ^^;;;
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I would say that the xNFJs are solid with leadership. We'll take charge if we need to, but can take a backseat if it is under control.
    xNFPs seem to be the sort who will be good leaders if it is something they are very invested in, otherwise they'll throw their hands up and let spontaneity or someone else take a hold of it.

Personally, I make sh*t happen . I'll let others come up with an idea or give input, then i'll set the parameters or get it in motion. Even with small things like getting a group of people together. I find that a friend will mention and i'll be the one to keep in constant contact with everyone. Either that or i'll let people try to make a plan of action, but step in if they really need a pow-wow about it. Mm organization.
    Some leadership traits of ENFJs specifically are our need to encourage, ability to assess/tune into people's strengths, and our natural need to keep things in some sort of order.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I am not a natural leader at all and being in charge drains the energy out of me. But if the leader in place is not too irritating, I end up getting along well with him, inspire trust and have a considerable influence on his decisions through counselling and discussion. I love working in the shadow, but I can get annoyed if I invest time and effort and it is taken for granted.

I think Extroverts feel more comfortable with leading.