User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Find a way to strenghten that Tertiary Fi and see what happens. Let him know some of your opinions and they might share some of theirs with you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Who said I'm not interested in her thoughts? aren't thoughts opinions?

And I can fake yes but I'm realising that I have to fake to get along and I don't want that, for an INTJ the world is already meaningless to begin with, more fake and predetermined actions make it even more boring

So the question is how INTJs get along with INFPs? How someone grows a friendship? Its based on random feelings between that person? It's something like a fate or has a communication way to be followed?

How does a INFP starts to trust someone? Its based on how to feel with that person in a first glance?

I'm asking tons of questions I know, I apologise.
    I still think half your problem is you're talking to an INFP who hasn't grown enough yet. My thing, however, has always been having some kind of similar interest or other to talk about that don't include my beliefs (which are still in the fucking air :steam. I may be an anomaly, though, since many of my interests are more scientific, technical, or psycological in nature.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Who said I'm not interested in her thoughts? aren't thoughts opinions?

And I can fake yes but I'm realising that I have to fake to get along and I don't want that, for an INTJ the world is already meaningless to begin with, more fake and predetermined actions make it even more boring

So the question is how INTJs get along with INFPs? How someone grows a friendship? Its based on random feelings between that person? It's something like a fate or has a communication way to be followed?

How does a INFP starts to trust someone? Its based on how to feel with that person in a first glance?

I'm asking tons of questions I know, I apologise.
    Show your interest in her, but in a diplomatic way. A little finesse will go a long way, just as she may have to strive to organize her thoughts better for you to accept. I realize that "finesse" is not INTJ territory, but creating clear arguments for opinions is not INFP territory . In any relationship, some adjustment will be necessary to get along.

IDK about all INFPs, but I begin to trust someone when they have made themselves vulnerable to me, when I've tested the water by revealing some vulnerability about myself, and basically through relating to them. So opening up a bit yourself will get her to open up. Sparking her imagination is always good - you can have playful discussions that are not shallow. Try talking about ideas in a freer way, one which doesn't amount to "this is right, this is wrong".

I don't feel there is any formula for becoming friends, but I don't think it's any kind of magic voodoo either .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    So opening up a bit yourself will get her to open up.
    We agree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    My thing, however, has always been having some kind of similar interest or other to talk about that don't include my beliefs (which are still in the fucking air :steam. I may be an anomaly, though, since many of my interests are more scientific, technical, or psycological in nature.
    Nah, I think a lot of INFPs would relate to that.

That's another good point - I won't readily share thoughts that are still incubating unless the other person realizes I'm still playing with ideas. If they realize that & play along, then I may be more game to talk.

And yeah, there are a LOT of "neutral" topics that don't involve an INFP's deep beliefs which should be pretty safe to explore. This message board is a prime example of that.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Show your interest in her, but in a diplomatic way. A little finesse will go a long way, just as she may have to strive to organize her thoughts better for you to accept. I realize that "finesse" is not INTJ territory, but creating clear arguments for opinions is not INFP territory . In any relationship, some adjustment will be necessary to get along.

IDK about all INFPs, but I begin to trust someone when they have made themselves vulnerable to me, when I've tested the water by revealing some vulnerability about myself, and basically through relating to them. So opening up a bit yourself will get her to open up. Sparking her imagination is always good - you can have playful discussions that are not shallow. Try talking about ideas in a freer way, one which doesn't amount to "this is right, this is wrong".

I don't feel there is any formula for becoming friends, but I don't think it's any kind of magic voodoo either .

I think I'm starting to see it clear now.

MagnificentMind, I asked questions they answered them I don't think they are retarded if so why am I bothering with them?

Well its opinion, when something is too predictable it may become very boring, well... sometimes, its just opinion.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

MagnificentMind, I asked questions they answered them I don't think they are retarded if so why am I bothering with them?
    Birds of a feather.

Well its opinion, when something is too predictable it may become very boring, well... sometimes, its just opinion.
    Life is not too predictable and even if it were, that predictability would not make life meaningless to every INTJ.

Opinion only amounts to so much.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Ok, so I just realized that my last comment was slightly asshole-ish and I will explain myself clearly now. The reason I responded with a slightly irritated tone is because, well... Let me make a list...

A) Sabre insists that the peoples he is talking about are absolutely INFP's and if you'll note, Sabre has even said that these "INFP's" have rejected his analysis that they are in fact actually INFP's - Sabre has painted a wonderful picture for us in which the INFP's, which he insists are INFP's, have become absolutely livid at the outrageous assumption... The truth of the matter, feel free to refrence any number of Sabres previous posts in this thread, is that Sabre knows very little about MBTI and how the types function. So, really, I am most certain that their complete disregard for Sabres amateur opinion is certainly justified. I also believe that Sabre is absolutely convinced that his opinion is fucking right - which it most likely is not - and that SABRE is the one that is being immature with his approach and response.

b) Fucking Hell, man. This conversation should have reached a finale AGES ago. If you are incapable of resolving this matter on your own then you need to just keep your opinion to yourself.

c) If you want to learn by debating, or if you want to learn at all, use fucking google and save everyone the time and energy.

I have more but my break is over.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

ReflecTcelfeR

Much less ass-holish. I'm inclined to agree. You have enough information here from different sources to handle almost any Infp-ish person that exists. Use it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Ok, so I just realized that my last comment was slightly asshole-ish and I will explain myself clearly now. The reason I responded with a slightly irritated tone is because, well... Let me make a list...

A) Sabre insists that the peoples he is talking about are absolutely INFP's and if you'll note, Sabre has even said that these "INFP's" have rejected his analysis that they are in fact actually INFP's - Sabre has painted a wonderful picture for us in which the INFP's, which he insists are INFP's, have become absolutely livid at the outrageous assumption... The truth of the matter, feel free to refrence any number of Sabres previous posts in this thread, is that Sabre knows very little about MBTI and how the types function. So, really, I am most certain that their complete disregard for Sabres amateur opinion is certainly justified. I also believe that Sabre is absolutely convinced that his opinion is fucking right - which it most likely is not - and that SABRE is the one that is being immature with his approach and response.

b) Fucking Hell, man. This conversation should have reached a finale AGES ago. If you are incapable of resolving this matter on your own then you need to just keep your opinion to yourself.

c) If you want to learn by debating, or if you want to learn at all, use fucking google and save everyone the time and energy.

I have more but my break is over.

Just let it go, I think I know what to do now.
    And you don't have to waste more time on me, I apologised many times here and I mean it, I have hard time expressing myself by writing and that bothers more people not only you. I promise you that in a face to face chat I wouldn't look so stupid.

I really appreciate who helped and sorry to have ruined the supposedly fun-purposed thread.