Operator (ISTP)

(Phlegmatic)
    Clarifier (INFP)
    Theorizer (INTP)
    Supporter (ISFJ)
    Producer (ISFP)
    Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yes, I am melancholic. I think INFP e4s may tend to be melancholic and INFP e9s may tend to be phlegmatic.
    Agree. I've found several sources that make different correlations to INFP, but I definitely relate more to melancholic than phlegmatic.

Melancholic - A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent.

Affection Strengths In The Melancholy: Very faithful, loyal friends and self-sacrificing. Their feelings run deep and tender (even though they lack the ability to express these feelings). They easily empathize with others and have the ability to make very deep commitments.

Affection Weaknesses In The Melancholy: They are critical of others, angry, cruel, vengeful, emotional, rarely tell people how they feel, have a low self-image and are sensitive to rejection from deep relationships. The loss of a deep relationship (even by death) is devastating to them.
    (Sounds more relative to Type 4)

Phlegmatic - Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.

Because of their tendency to uninvolvement, they are natural negotiators and diplomats. “Peace at all costs” is their motto. The Phlegmatic has no fear of rejection and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. They are calm, easygoing people who are not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness or unforgiveness as are other temperaments. They are observers who do not get involved nor expend much energy.

Affection Weaknesses of The Phlegmatic: Unwillingness to become involved in deep relationships, tendency to be an observer only, rarely self-sacrificing, unemotional and inexpressive. Verbal defenses are used to protect low energy supply with regard to physical and sexual involvement. (Sounds more e9 than e4)

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default hey how cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Disagree.

Agree. I've found several sources that make different correlations to INFP, but I definitely relate more to melancholic than phlegmatic.

Melancholic - A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent.

Affection Strengths In The Melancholy: Very faithful, loyal friends and self-sacrificing. Their feelings run deep and tender (even though they lack the ability to express these feelings). They easily empathize with others and have the ability to make very deep commitments.

Affection Weaknesses In The Melancholy: They are critical of others, angry, cruel, vengeful, emotional, rarely tell people how they feel, have a low self-image and are sensitive to rejection from deep relationships. The loss of a deep relationship (even by death) is devastating to them.
    (Sounds more relative to Type 4)

Phlegmatic - Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.

Because of their tendency to uninvolvement, they are natural negotiators and diplomats. “Peace at all costs” is their motto. The Phlegmatic has no fear of rejection and can handle unaffectionate and hostile people. They are calm, easygoing people who are not plagued with the emotional outbursts, exaggerated feelings, anger, bitterness or unforgiveness as are other temperaments. They are observers who do not get involved nor expend much energy.

Affection Weaknesses of The Phlegmatic: Unwillingness to become involved in deep relationships, tendency to be an observer only, rarely self-sacrificing, unemotional and inexpressive. Verbal defenses are used to protect low energy supply with regard to physical and sexual involvement. (Sounds more e9 than e4)
    This is really good stuff! Do you have the rest for us choleric and sanguines? I googled your post and couldn't find the source.

Also I took a 4 humors test to see (OneIshy :: Personality/Temperament) and it even delineated strengths and weaknesses of the 4 humors. It said I am a Sanguine/Melancholy which was surprising I always thought I was straight choleric. But I have the strengths of a sanguine and the weakness of melancholy. interesting test. (makes sense when I withdraw in stress that I would be first sanguine then melancholy later on).
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    This is really good stuff! Do you have the rest for us choleric and sanguines? I googled your post and couldn't find the source.

Also I took a 4 humors test to see (OneIshy :: Personality/Temperament) and it even delineated strengths and weaknesses of the 4 humors. It said I am a Sanguine/Melancholy which was surprising I always thought I was straight choleric. But I have the strengths of a sanguine and the weakness of melancholy. interesting test. (makes sense when I withdraw in stress that I would be first sanguine then melancholy later on).
    Some of it is from Wikipedia. The rest...I'm not sure. I was just browsing the web.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Arise ancient thread! Arise!

Wtf is an INFP smile? You mean my hi I’m awkward and shy closed mouthed barely registers as a smile smile? Or the rare left side half smile that screams I’m up to no good smile that sometimes finds itself on my face? Do we have a secret handshake I’m unaware of?

I’ll take my leave and return this time of legends thread to it’s place in the mist.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Arise ancient thread! Arise!

Wtf is an INFP smile? You mean my hi I’m awkward and shy closed mouthed barely registers as a smile smile? Or the rare left side half smile that screams I’m up to no good smile that sometimes finds itself on my face? Do we have a secret handshake I’m unaware of?

I’ll take my leave and return this time of legends thread to it’s place in the mist.
    Fi smile = sneering, kind of like a wolf snarling

Fe smile = wide and charming

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Oh I have the sneer/scowl/smirk perfected. Since grade school. I was a pleasant child.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes Forever, Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post

In my experience, this is accurate. Fi smiles will always turn upwards and slightly crinkle the nose area (snarl), pushing up their whole faces in the process. Fe smiles are symmetrical, moving in a more side motion. They're also appear boxed into the mouth area in comparison to the Fi smile. Fe smiles are considered very aesthetically pleasing for the eye.

I don't relate to sneering smile nor being a flegmatic.

I am melancholic>> sanquinic and my facial expressions are rather vivid same way as in case of children- I don't control them much. Whether I am very happy or very sad, I won't talk much of it (at least unless I know someone well), but probably you won't have a problem to notice.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

My INFP smile: A stranger. Crap. I should smile to be friendly and snow that I am harmless. *strained smile* Oh hell, she wasn't looking. Oh no! Eye contact! Now she thinks I'm staring! Quick! Smile again! *maniacal grin* Embarrassed blush. Mental face palm. What was that? God, this is akward.

I just need a simple smile that says "I'm a happy, harmless person, you seem very nice and I honor your existence as a unique and wonderful gift to the world just please don't try to talk to me."
    Likes Luminous, DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ? None

For me there are 3 kinds of smiles:
    1. The fake kind to cover up awkwardness, or just because of social niceties.

2. The kind that is triggered by something specific but insignificant, such as a joke, a funny video, or a funny thought in your head.

3. The genuine kind that comes from a content life, when you think of those you love, when you are in touch with your soul.

I've experienced 1 and 2, yet to experience 3 in the truest sense.