User Tag List

First 12345 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Id suggest keeping your gut feelings in reserve as a very relevant data point-but behaving objectively until more concrete evidence can back up your thoughts. What you so should be based on the length, depth and requirements surrounding the relationship. Be cautious about any quick actions.
    ^ that!

Enneagram
    CFV

Id suggest keeping your gut feelings in reserve as a very relevant data point-but behaving objectively until more concrete evidence can back up your thoughts. What you so should be based on the length, depth and requirements surrounding the relationship. Be cautious about any quick actions.
    That's what I try to do, but I have a tendency to completely drop my initial intuitions after I decide I shouldn't act on them the first time. I'm working on keeping them in mind at all times but not acting on them immediately.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    Ok, thank you for the thoughts and opinions
    I'm only 16 and I'm still trying to get a hold of what to trust and what not to trust with intuition. I thought what I now know as "intuition" was just me being judgmental>.<
    But in a sense, I guess it is.
    Try and get external validation of your intuition when it is possible. If your intuition tells you something about someone for example and you're not sure, go ahead and ask that person if it is correct. It is the best way of finding out how 'correct' your intuition is. As long as it is not something that will overstep the other person's boundaries. Unless you know the person very well, saying "You look depressed. Is everything ok?" will usually not go well
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    That's what I try to do, but I have a tendency to completely drop my initial intuitions after I decide I shouldn't act on them the first time. I'm working on keeping them in mind at all times but not acting on them immediately.
    Seek the advice of the other INFJs-I know the INTJs have to learn to use Ni with Te to filter and understand which intuitions are worth following. I'd assume you guys use Fe to do the same thing-it sounds like you need an INFJ mentor to help learn more about how to do this with Fe support.

(I have heard that the inner intuitions of an INFJ can be utterly beautiful.)

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I prefer being in tune with my intuition. The only drawback i ever seem to have is waiting for other people to act on or agree with what i intuit. It's honestly the biggest pain in the ass when people don't believe you until it's proven or don't catch on to their own thoughts/actions while you are already completely aware of them.

Beyond that, it's a good and beneficial thing.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    CFV

Seek the advice of the other INFJs-I know the INTJs have to learn to use Ni with Te to filter and understand which intuitions are worth following. I'd assume you guys use Fe to do the same thing-it sounds like you need an INFJ mentor to help learn more about how to do this with Fe support.

(I have heard that the inner intuitions of an INFJ can be utterly beautiful.)
    I have one close friend who I found out yesterday is INFJ, but he's the same age as me and we know about the same in the sense of these things so far. We work together and have meaningful conversations basically everyday though, so I'll start working on this with him. I think it's cool that it turns out both myself and my best friend happen to be the rarest type, INFJ

Try and get external validation of your intuition when it is possible. If your intuition tells you something about someone for example and you're not sure, go ahead and ask that person if it is correct. It is the best way of finding out how 'correct' your intuition is. As long as it is not something that will overstep the other person's boundaries. Unless you know the person very well, saying "You look depressed. Is everything ok?" will usually not go well
    I have trust issues as well though, so normally when I do ask I don't trust the answer >.<
    But, I think I'm right not to trust most of these people because my intuition tells me they're lying haha.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Oro is right, here. Intuition has to be trained. In general, both Ne and Ni intuitions will generate complete nonsense. It is time and experience and practice that makes them become better and better.

I believe it might be slightly easier for Ni doms to do this than Ne doms, as Oro mentioned, because we HAVE to run everything through Te or Fe before we even get something that can be constructively communicated to other people, or more decisively understood by oneself.

The forte of Ne is brainstorming. When you don't have ideas and need new ones, Ne will provide a long list of possibilities to try/review. The possibilities that pass review are worth pursuing.

The forte of Ni is troubleshooting. There is usually a specific problem. The reason it's a problem is that everyone else who is trying to solve the problem is making a bad assumption. Ni is extremely good at finding the broken assumption, fixing it, and thus fixing the problem. (I'm usually told, "That can't be the problem. It doesn't work that way." To which I have to reply, "It wasn't supposed to work that way, but it was, which was the problem.")

The more practice you have with your intuition, the better you'll be able to rely upon it, Ne or Ni.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ Agree.

100%. OP, be careful. The Ni doms spend much more time internally understanding their intuitions than we do, so I place more trust in the INFJ intuition than I would an ENFP.

ENFPs are very well known for reading into situations or becoming offended upon an Ne-ism. Later we realized we acted too quickly and were totally wrong about the motives of the other person.

What I have learned:
    Not many things in life are black and white.
    The possibilities are endless and all of them seem to take up residence in my consciousness.
    Not everyone is full of dark motives/hidden intentions.
    Keep facts/actions straight.
    Don't be so negative.
    Just because a couple of people proved to be untrustworthy doesn't mean everyone in the entire world is.
    Don't victimize self; most of the time it's a two-way street and both parties are at fault.

I wouldn't completely dismiss my gut feelings/intuitions though. I will just look for more evidence before letting my Ne take full control.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You shouldn't ignore that your intuition alarm has been fired but you shouldn't blindly believe what it's assuming.

You should use your intuition and not ignore it, but that is not the same as believing all heartedly and without a doubt that it's true in this case. The good thing about intuition is that it is the catalyzer for taking action. Probe for facts. Don't assume anything. Specially when dealing with people

Some posts here make intuition sound like some gut feeling, or instinct, but i thought intuition, in mbti terms, meant being able to think contextually, being skilled at connecting the dots (Ne is described this way, at least). Yet if you don't have enough "dots" to even do that, then shouldn't you wait till you do?

I'll tell you that I for one experience strong gut feelings too... but on their own, that's just what they are. Feelings. Sometimes they're definitely worth listening to, but that's not a very conscious use of my senses..and I would think it'd be the same case with intuition - a conscious use of S or N would be gathering info to actually work with. Technically, you're all still probably faster at arriving to some conclusion about things in many cases, but for it be so instant... I dunno. I'm stumped on that. I would think your intuition would be EASY to believe (because you have info), but if you're struggling with belief, then it's a battle with some other kind of instinct.

And yes, maybe I'm an asshole for being a sensor and jumping into your thread, but it's just my 2c and all that.