First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    However, I had a very hard time getting past all that girlie girl fluff. But I tend to be out of the female mainstream on such things. As long as it works for people, then who am I to roll my eyes at the cutesiness.
    Pretty much. It's okay to have a methodical system to handle a task if you can't do it spontaneously / it's not getting done and you are unhappy. It's all about self-empowerment.

I'm not really cutesy either. A small part of me might enjoy it, mostly it's just a distraction from learning the strategy... but if others enjoy and need it, that's fine. The cutesy bit is just a feminine bonding mechanism anyway, it's not really part of the system itself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

Make sure all your dishes (including pots and pans) can be dishwashered. Own a dishwasher. Never put a dirty plate or pot down except for in a dishwasher.

geoff's top lazy but clean tip!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Marry an SJ that will tell you what needs to be done when and then you can do it while daydreaming. Worked for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Because I didn't understand the "importance" of cleaning everything all the time, I had so many fights with my mom as a kid.

Now I'm in my own house by my lonesome so I have to clean (just not compulsively like most women do as if it's as important as breathing). I just set some rules like not to leave dishes in the sink past a day or two... I try to clean for about 30 minutes on Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty bad about hanging and folding clothes after I wash it though. When I can just throw it into my bedroom and close the door when someone visits, then why not? I have better things to do with my time. :P

MBTI
    INFP

My entire life is spent focusing on details. Housework, to me, is a hobby.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Marry an SJ that will tell you what needs to be done when and then you can do it while daydreaming. Worked for me.
    Reading this thread was really entertaining!! The quote above sounds like it's worth a shot. I'm also a compulsive list-maker. And yes, buy more underwear instead of having to wash it all the time!!

Some of the tips here seem totally un-followable though. I'd love to know what other ENFP's do?...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i turn up the music really loud and have some coffee and do it kinda fast but decorate a bit as i do it...like adding flowers or lighting candles...it seems to help if i'm setting a mood or making it pretty at the same time....like mopping the floor is kind of boring but...if i decide to make the wood extra super shiny...it's more fun or rewarding...i think i go into perfectionist for aesthetic purposes mode.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i turn up the music really loud and have some coffee and do it kinda fast but decorate a bit as i do it...like adding flowers or lighting candles...it seems to help if i'm setting a mood or making it pretty at the same time....like mopping the floor is kind of boring but...if i decide to make the wood extra super shiny...it's more fun or rewarding...i think i go into perfectionist for aesthetic purposes mode.
    I do the music thing (usually headphones though) but I am really slow about the work. I've never gotten into the just do it and get it done kind of thing. I'm more likely to stop and do something else every few minutes and drag out the work all day.

garbage

Three things I do:

• get lost in thought while you do it
    • get absorbed in what you're doing (pretty much the opposite of that first thing, I guess)
    • make lists of stuff that you have to do

I hate "oh, this will only take five minutes". Because, you know, there are inevitably about 30 of those five-minute things that have to be done :steam:

My motivation ends up being that I'm a perfectionist. Which uh isn't the healthiest motivation either

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Go for it!

I keep my house clean and orderly enough for ME to be happy. Everyone else's needs are inconsequential. If they don't like the layout or the state of things they can pitch in and clean it to their liking.

Admittedly though, I am ~51% P/~49% J so I am hardly a slob, but I assure you I am not a neat freak either...
    For me . . . I don't care enough about it to do it for me, really. I mean, I love when things are neat and clean, but I can easily block it out until it becomes unlivable. When I try to keep up with it and the rest of the family just goes around trashing stuff, I get really mean and it makes my husband unhappy when I am like that. He'd much rather live in a dump with a pleasant woman than live in a palace with an angry woman.

I would like things to be neater than they are now, though and I'd like to incorporate better habits, so I'm going to try. Seriously need to make a trip to Goodwill for starters.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers