I am just curious because I seem to be a lot like this myself. I learned in middle school that only 7% of a person's message in communication is communicated through the actual spoken words (the other 93% is body language & tone of voice). But for NF types it seems to be more.
For example, I know that INFPs & INFJs can sometimes take offense and get hurt when people jokingly make fun of them (even if body language and tone suggest they don't really mean it), and one ENFJ woman I know tends to get even more worked up when she hears someone say “relax” or “calm down” because what she hears is that the other person thinks she’s being irrational over nothing, which generally makes her do anything but calm down.
I would also mention that this seems to be more apparant when certain things are said depending on the person, and I DO pay attention to body language and tone of voice a lot too, but...it just seems that we NFs spend a LOT of time reflecting on things other people have said or done, and we try to find meaning in speech, so sometimes our N's deductive reasoning can get distorted by our F's emotions in that regard.
Is this true for you guys too or am I just totally off in space here?