User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think he might be enfj too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    *scratches head*

The first part, I can kind of relate to, I used to be in an on and off LDR with a guy for nearly a decade, and during this strange relationship, I'd engage myself with other men, hell, I even got in serious relationships with other men, but I can't split my heart in two, I can share different facets of my personality with different people, but if ever in the position where I feel my heart is being pulled by two different forces/people, I fall apart, you can blame that on having Fi values, which is actually a good thing.

One thing about being an EP is that when we are there, present, we are there.

But, at least for me, it is difficult to maintain a deep connection with someone who is far away, I have been guilty of maintaining platonic relationships with men during stints of loneliness where these men would develop romantic feelings towards me, and in a moment of weakness, I would cross some line, and reap the repercussions, I do think that it is difficult for some people to ascertain whether the love we feel for them is platonic or romantic, shit, I've had ridiculously intimate relationships with guys I've never slept with, not even close, but we still had a special relationship where we both got to know each other well.

Now, the bolded part of what you wrote does not resonate AT ALL.

We don't front, unless we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!!!

I'm talking like when the cops roll through, seriously.

We don't front, that's just NOT US.

To the point of acting/being inappropriate we will maintain a sense of authenticity because we hate phoniness in general, and especially exhibited in social situations, ewwww.

Hmmmm, I honestly don't think this guy's an ENFP.
    That was just him being elitist...he's nice to people, but there are people he respects and those he doesn't. I can relate to the elitist behavior. I dont think that NOT makes him ENFP. Every ENFP will be different and its hard to assume he is/isnt one just by my comments. I worked with him for a whole year. It was crystal clear to me. The personalitypage.com ENFP description couldnt be more HIM.

Okay scientist-

this guy has confused the living shit out of me...These messages cant get any more mixed...

It is exceptionally reminiscent of my ENTP crush from last year...who confused me terribly by overdoing tert Fe. I mistook tert Fe for Fi....

When with him, I was the most special thing ever. When away he seemed so confused as to why my feelings were hurt...he didnt reject me, he was just with other people or with his girlfriend. Of course he cared about me and cared greatly. His feelings were actually hurt badly when I told him that he needed to leave me alone and stop flirting with me....even though he had a long term girlfriend of 7 years back at home....that doesnt mean he didnt care deeply for me right? (yeah, he really did oddly...wtf?)

he would pay tons of attention to me for short spurts-but then ignore me for weeks on end.

Your guy had a gf this whole time...that is odd. The ego trip, the why cant you just blow him off, the why cant we just be friends....the you need to "chill out" may be the clincher....

Tert Fe feels amazing when directed at you-like Fi pumped full of cocaine. Mmmmmm....
    Combined with Ne, ah, that shit is amazing....Baby ENTPs are seduction machines and are like riding a roller coaster.

My ENTP-and many male entps I have met-layer on tert Fe and are amazingly sweet.

This bears further observation.... (But if this is the case, oh, god I feel your pain...yeah, it will make you fucking mental)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

No one believes me that he's ENFP. There is NO DOUBT in my mind. Seriously NO DOUBT. Not a single ounce!

Yeah I second silly-enfps suck at "fronts". We lack the masks/filters everyone else is born with and just project EXACTLY what we are thinking.

Even my oldest ENFPs do this shit-they project what they think.

The few ENFPs I have met in chemistry/biochem/physics tend to have a very stern Te tone. To think, we have to focus like crazy, so we do not come across as hyper flirtacious like some of the enfps I have met outside of science-we sacrifice the Fi for the Te...

I mean I'd love to take this guy as an ENFP, no problem with that if it helps explain and helps you understand-but it seems he is a little different...I dunno, you know him better than us...but Ne is Ne and both forget very easily....but (Fi doesnt forget emo )

did he ever debate with you?

did he make direct eye contact with you? piercing eye contact at times?

when pressed with Te, did he withdraw via leaving or trying to calm you down via excuses or become agitated and defensive and push back?

was he sexy or goofy?

how expressive was his face?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    OK, what did you have with him? As in real-life interactions that were pleasant?

You spent time with an ENFP, where he might have been interested in you, but he never admitted to liking you? Are you sure you're dealing with an ENFP and not an ENTP, for example? ENFPs tend to be really bluntly honest, and tend to hurt your feelings in "bluntly honest" ways. They tend to really obviously like you, or they don't. When there are mixed signals, it's of the nature of ENFPs to be "overly friendly" and accidentally give an impression of liking you in a special way, when they really don't ... because they treat everyone that way, not just you.
    Yeah, I totally have embarrassed myself since like the 5th grade telling people how much I liked them. I can't hide what I really feel. If anything, I'm too quick to be vulnerable, and maybe scare some people with my sureness of my feelings. It's hard for us to be fake - like Uumlau says, a person could be confused by our kindness, or friendlness and mistake it for romantic interest, but if I don't like you and want you to leave me alone, I have a hard time hiding that, too.

I kind of agree that you might be dealing with an ENTP or ENFJ. I can't imagine telling someone "oh you were chasing me" like I was amused by their display of vulnerability or something. No way. The only way I can imagine saying such a thing is in defense in some kind of weird argument.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

did he ever debate with you? Not really...he was non-confrontational

did he make direct eye contact with you? piercing eye contact at times? Sure...all the time

when pressed with Te, did he withdraw via leaving or trying to calm you down via excuses or become agitated and defensive and push back?
    It was a combination of all those things! Depended on the situation.

was he sexy or goofy? Both...VERY goofy. WACKY. Would serenade other male coworkers out of the blue. VERY sexy when he was getting his flirt on.

how expressive was his face? Very expressive

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I kind of agree that you might be dealing with an ENTP or ENFJ. I can't imagine telling someone "oh you were chasing me" like I was amused by their display of vulnerability or something. No way. The only way I can imagine saying such a thing is in defense in some kind of weird argument.
    It's so easy to misinterpret the situation. I cant possibly write out everything that happened. There are too many blanks still that I havent filled in.

He only said those things because I DEMANDED that he be upfront with me. I had other confrontations with him. But this is the one where I really just wanted him to be UP FRONT and CUT THE BULL SHIT. And he did. I just wanted to UNDERSTAND. I was humiliated, but ultimately it shed some light on things, which is what I wanted.

I'm tired of defending his type... It's getting frustrating...there's no reason for me to think he isn't ENFP. I WAS THERE.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html It's him to a T. I dont know what else to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i'm an enfp with high fe and still can't put on a front. i can remain quiet if telling someone to f@ck off is inappropriate but i can't pretend to adore them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison