User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 105

  1. #11
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    How easily do you forget special people in your lives? An infatuation? A friend? An ex?

    Do you just move on and not look back and block it out of your memory? Do you feel anything when you think about it?

    I ask because I feel like I can't get this ENFP off my brain. I've moved away, no goodbyes...I just disappeared with no warning...for my own sake. It's been 3 months since I left. No contact on either end. It was a year-long mess...a gray-area friendship I would call it (at work). I just can't help but wonder if I even remotely cross his mind.

    I know you guys move on quickly and fall in love with the next interesting person...it's just so easy for you ENFPs! But this was the first time I fell flat on my face for someone. And it seems that no matter how hard I try, everything reminds me of him...

    It just hurts to think that I'm a faded memory, while his is still very much alive in my head.

    I'm sorry...I'm just recently over the anger phase and am now consumed by sadness and longing...I just miss him...

    !@#$ I just shed a tear!
    I feel so bad for you scientist. That Tert Fi can be real bear to deal with when you are used to being so...INTJ efficient.

    ENFPs do not forget real emotional connections, attachments, and infatuations with people. Nor do we easily forget past wrongs, hurts, or anger. We also don't forget the times we have wronged or hurt other people. Our emotional memory is pretty much like an elephants, for better or worse.

    Since you left with no chance for closure, my advice would be to write 2 letters. 1 is your free-for-all letter where you write everything you ever wanted to tell him. 2 is the actual letter you will send him. Email or real letter. And once you send it, let it go.

    For me at least, that leads to real closure.

    Closure is what you really need right now, not knowing whether or not he still thinks about you.

    I think I have been hearing this story about this ENFP guy from you in the forum for a while, that lingering gray-area relationship is kinda like a slow death and makes closure REALLY hard.

    This is a hard one to shake off so I wish you luck! Keep us updated!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #12
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Somehow I do think it's a type thing...you guys are quick to move on. But in the rare occasion that an INTJ opens their heart up, they are giving you their very soul. It's so much harder to recover from that...
    There are different people within a type though Thescientist. Anyone who is being truthful and honest in a relationship is giving you their very soul. If you already know you are giving someone your soul and no one is gonna give their's back to you...why even do the relationship dance at all?

    There is some truth in Rebe's words and like Cze Cze was apt to clarify, ENFPs do have great emotional memories. We forgot the details of somethings, but we know how they made us feel.

    Forget this ENFP guy, woman. From your descriptions he is not someone you wanna be with, and no...not a good example of ENFP male either no matter what you want to believe in. Hang in there.

  3. #13
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    I don't think you should doubt that you gave him a rocky road as well emotionally. And I doubt he'll forget you lightly. Just as I don't doubt that you two should probably close the book on each other and genuinly wish for the other to be happy...with someone else
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #14
    Senior Member thescientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Since you left with no chance for closure, my advice would be to write 2 letters. 1 is your free-for-all letter where you write everything you ever wanted to tell him. 2 is the actual letter you will send him. Email or real letter. And once you send it, let it go.

    For me at least, that leads to real closure.

    Closure is what you really need right now, not knowing whether or not he still thinks about you.

    I think I have been hearing this story about this ENFP guy from you in the forum for a while, that lingering gray-area relationship is kinda like a slow death and makes closure REALLY hard.

    This is a hard one to shake off so I wish you luck! Keep us updated!
    I dont think writing to him is a good idea. Even if I did...what would I say? What would be the purpose? I would just further humiliate myself. He will probably be in shock that I am STILL thinking about it after 3 months. I just need to move on...and LET GO. Stop wondering if he's thinking about me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Forget this ENFP guy, woman. From your descriptions he is not someone you wanna be with, and no...not a good example of ENFP male either no matter what you want to believe in. Hang in there.
    Forgetting is the hard part...working on it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I don't think you should doubt that you gave him a rocky road as well emotionally. And I doubt he'll forget you lightly. Just as I don't doubt that you two should probably close the book on each other and genuinly wish for the other to be happy...with someone else
    Yeah...Leaving was closing the book for me...I cant/couldnt be just his friend. I should have fled much sooner...and I shouldn't have been vulnerable.

    Until that 'someone else' comes around...the memories remain. He's been in my dreams for consecutive nights. Guess I just have to wait it out...

    Everybody says that time heals everything
    but what of the wretched hollow?
    the endless in-between?

    -Imogen Heap

  5. #15
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Enjoy the emotions, but don't let them overtake you. You weren't compatible, as fun a guy as he is. He might've been fun for a few months, but not suitable as a life partner.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #16
    Senior Member thescientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Enjoy the emotions, but don't let them overtake you. You weren't compatible, as fun a guy as he is. He might've been fun for a few months, but not suitable as a life partner.
    You're right...I just keep idealizing things in my head. The connection and chemistry was undeniable though. I feel like I will forever search for that again.

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    How easily do you forget special people in your lives? An infatuation? A friend? An ex?

    Do you just move on and not look back and block it out of your memory? Do you feel anything when you think about it?

    I ask because I feel like I can't get this ENFP off my brain. I've moved away, no goodbyes...I just disappeared with no warning...for my own sake. It's been 3 months since I left. No contact on either end. It was a year-long mess...a gray-area friendship I would call it (at work). I just can't help but wonder if I even remotely cross his mind.

    I know you guys move on quickly and fall in love with the next interesting person...it's just so easy for you ENFPs! But this was the first time I fell flat on my face for someone. And it seems that no matter how hard I try, everything reminds me of him...

    It just hurts to think that I'm a faded memory, while his is still very much alive in my head.

    I'm sorry...I'm just recently over the anger phase and am now consumed by sadness and longing...I just miss him...

    !@#$ I just shed a tear!

    There is some vague speculation upon my ENFP-ness but, no, I do not move on quickly mentallly or emotionally.

    You did an INTJ thing and disappeared. It's understandable because you felt that you needed to protect yourself. Totally. But look at it this way...That's really not nice at all if you put it in the context of him caring about you, even as a friend. He might be extremely hurt/sad by this if you haven't contacted him for three months. If he has similar feelings for you as what you feel for him, he's probably tortured by your seeming indifference. Being ignored is hell on earth for an ENFP. (I think, if I am one, I know I hate it more than anything.) You'll never know if you don't talk to him.

    I can't make any promises, of course, because I don't know know him or what you mean to him. But if you miss him that much, and you've been gone that long, maybe you should contact him...if for no other reason than closure, so you'll know for sure.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Yeah...Leaving was closing the book for me...I cant/couldnt be just his friend. I should have fled much sooner...and I shouldn't have been vulnerable.
    What exactly did he do to you? I mean if he was cruel to you, then I totally take back my advice to contact him.


    Everybody says that time heals everything
    but what of the wretched hollow?
    the endless in-between?

    -Imogen Heap

    I love Imogen Heap too.

  9. #19
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    We forgot the details of somethings, but we know how they made us feel.
    I think Rebe said this as well-I forget the details but I recall the emotional sensation of "them".

    However I will find i do everything possible to delete evidence of "them" from my life as even to see pieces of a person who hurt me, makes me hurt again. But I forgive endlessly and try to forget as carrying emotional angst is very bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    I dont think writing to him is a good idea. Even if I did...what would I say? What would be the purpose? I would just further humiliate myself. He will probably be in shock that I am STILL thinking about it after 3 months. I just need to move on...and LET GO. Stop wondering if he's thinking about me...

    Yeah...Leaving was closing the book for me...I cant/couldnt be just his friend. I should have fled much sooner...and I shouldn't have been vulnerable.
    Scientist, i am sorry as this guy sounds quite immature based upon all your previous posts about him. He seemed to be playing games. I am sorry that you were hurt.

    There is something to be said for Te directness though. He is designed to receive it-did you ever directly confront him? Not cruelly-but just honestly? Just to be perfectly clear about your feelings towards him and ask what he expected or wanted of you in return?

    If you did want to write a letter-it actually would be okay I think. ENFPs need a sense of closure as well-especially if he was emotionally invested, thus it may be good for him and you.

    Also calling him on his f'ed up emo games, may teach him something of value. Let him know that he hurt you, so perhaps he will not repeat that mistake with others in the future-as it may not have been intentional.

  10. #20
    Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    There is some vague speculation upon my ENFP-ness but, no, I do not move on quickly mentallly or emotionally.

    You did an INTJ thing and disappeared. It's understandable because you felt that you needed to protect yourself. Totally. But look at it this way...That's really not nice at all if you put it in the context of him caring about you, even as a friend. He might be extremely hurt/sad by this if you haven't contacted him for three months. If he has similar feelings for you as what you feel for him, he's probably tortured by your seeming indifference. Being ignored is hell on earth for an ENFP. (I think, if I am one, I know I hate it more than anything.) You'll never know if you don't talk to him.

    I can't make any promises, of course, because I don't know know him or what you mean to him. But if you miss him that much, and you've been gone that long, maybe you should contact him...if for no other reason than closure, so you'll know for sure.
    marmalade.sunrise articulated the ENFP take on things very well. I agree with her completely.

    I'm trying to keep the facts straight @ you and your ENFP, so bear with me....

    Whatever happened between you two before you left, you leaving without any goodbye probably was gut wrenching for your ENFP if he cared for you at all.

    You say you'll never contact him. You say that he's had time to contact you. Let me share with you this observation as someone who has much experience being an enxp interacting with inxj's:

    There is this unspoken / often unconscious push and pull between enxp's and inxj's. The enxp initiates contact. The inxj waits on the enxp to initiate contact. This is normal and part of the whole inxj/enxp magnetic attraction.

    However, this does not alleviate you of the responsibility of initiating contact with him when necessary... and that includes proactively telling him that you would like to know how he feels about you rather than waiting for him to come to your INTJ emotional rescue. (Easier said than done, I know.) Sometimes we ENFPs need for you INxJs to come to our emotional rescue. Sometimes we ENFPs can't tell what you damn Introverts are thinking. :steam: He may assume you hate him, or perhaps he is so stuck in feeling abandoned mode that he can't reach out to you. Or he may have moved on.

    But, madam, there is only ONE way you're going to find this one out: If you ask him.

    It may be that you're not ready to take this risk. If so, at least recognize that you have made the choice to not ask him... for whatever reason. It may seem that this matter isn't in your control. But that's not really true. You can take charge of this relationship's destiny.

Similar Threads

  1. How easily do you forgive yourself?
    By Evolving Transparency in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 02:49 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP's, how much do you try to affect people's feelings?
    By Craft in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 12:22 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs how long do you keep your friend circle?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 01:53 PM
  4. [ENFP] do you forget birthdays?
    By Cality in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO