User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 453

  1. #51
    Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Marmalade, I understand how you don't want to limit yourself with preconceived notions / or a list. However, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that if we were to combine all your comments in this thread, we'd have a rather robust list for you.

  2. #52
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I have been married to an INTP for the better part of my adult life. But I'll see what I can do.

    What I like about him:
    Funny
    Intelligent
    Ethical
    Conscientious
    Steady
    Strives for competence
    Nice looking
    Natural scent smells good to me
    Loving father to our kids
    Is not a smoker, drinker, druggie
    Only watches around one football game and one NASCAR race a year
    Is always learning new things

    What I might tweak if it wouldn't mess any of the good stuff up:
    Healthier eater
    Higher frustration point
    A little more outdoorsy
    More willing to help me with projects when it takes someone strong to do them

    What I might consider divorcing him for (if it ever happened):
    Turning into a control freak
    Drinking, gambling
    Ignoring me excessively
    Extended voluntary unemployment
    Serious mental illness
    Infidelity
    Porn use
    Financial irresponsibility

    What I would divorce him for:
    More than one occasion of infidelity
    Becoming violent
    Becoming a substance abuser
    Extreme financial irresponsibility
    Other addictions, including porn
    Hopeless mental illness (though I would still look after him if it was safe to do so)

    That's all I can think of at the moment.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  3. #53
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    I am intrigued by these lists .. I suppose because i don't have one.

    How much would you actually stick to a list of desires?

    I know you're idealists but are you not being closed minded to an extent to other possibilities?

    What if a man who was not highly educated, on a low income, short and bold showed interest in you, would you dismiss him because he didn't fit your criteria even though he could of potentially treated you like a queen, been fiercely loyal and had a high EQ.

    OrangeAppled .. Loved the poem/song. That's what i would like from a man/relationship.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  4. #54
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am intrigued by these lists .. I suppose because i don't have one.

    How much would you actually stick to a list of desires?

    I know you're idealists but are you not being closed minded to an extent to other possibilities?

    What if a man who was not highly educated, on a low income, short and bold showed interest in you, would you dismiss him because he didn't fit your criteria even though he could of potentially treated you like a queen, been fiercely loyal and had a high EQ.

    OrangeAppled .. Loved the poem/song. That's what i would like from a man/relationship.
    You'd really get into a relationship with a man that had a long history of spousal abuse and infidelity, got drunk all the time, and didn't pay his child support?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  5. #55
    Senior Member Phoenix_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You'd really get into a relationship with a man that had a long history of spousal abuse and infidelity, got drunk all the time, and didn't pay his child support?
    I don't mean to speak for Saslou, but my take on it is its kind of ridiculous to cut somebody for reasons that appear mostly superficial.

    Saslou's examples were more superficial and status related.
    Your examples have more to do with severe character flaws.
    These are two ENTIRELY different things.

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    What if a man who was not highly educated, on a low income, short and bold showed interest in you, would you dismiss him because he didn't fit your criteria even though he could of potentially treated you like a queen, been fiercely loyal and had a high EQ.
    Don't forget the bolded part of the argument.

    I enjoy this topic. Its always amusing to see some of the things that go on these lists. I must admit though, the lists made by the ladies on this forum are, for the most, not nearly as outlandish as some I've heard out in the real world.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

    "We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #56
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    Interesting lists, they are sensible however acceptance thresholds seem a bit much in some areas, the would likes and rather nots more so. How about being equally balanced in each others eyes. When you have that pretty much everything else follows, you aren't pandering to each others insecurities then, being each others navigators in life's corridors to teach each others needs and wants. maybe idealistic.

  7. #57
    Crazy Diamond Billy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    I think it is because NFs (INFs in particular) seem to have a natural disdain for competition, and most sports are essentially competition for its own sake. Sports are also usually associated with brutish behavior.

    (of course, im not NF, just an observation.)
    I disagree, some NF's thrive on competition, especially males.
    Ground control to Major Tom

  8. #58
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post

    3. Deal Breakers

    "I'm right, you're wrong" syndrome

  9. #59
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    I don't mean to speak for Saslou, but my take on it is its kind of ridiculous to cut somebody for reasons that appear mostly superficial.

    Saslou's examples were more superficial and status related.
    Your examples have more to do with severe character flaws.
    These are two ENTIRELY different things.
    My point is, it may not be a written or conscious list of deal-breakers, but she probably does have them.

    I don't think most women, NFs least of all, are going to reject a great guy over the superficial stuff. I had a more detailed list once upon a time and I let the unimportant stuff go out the window when I met my husband because it didn't really matter that much in the great scheme of things.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  10. #60
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I was about to comment on that too!

    though looking through the list I've discovered that for some aspects, if these ladies liked ladies I'd be a shoe in... in other aspects I'm the scum of the earth

    I think I'll go start an arthouse thread that's gender equal
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types
    By LunarMoon in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1092
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. [NT] The NT Females' List of Deal Breakers
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
  3. [NF] The NF Males' List of Deal Breakers (Rip off)
    By Yloh in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO