User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    All NFs have a special kinship. We're all on the same wavelength, in terms of our cognitive preferences. I feel as if I'm among my own people when I tool around on the NF Idyllic forum.

So why get frustrated when a duck quacks? Instead, why not embrace and celebrate it. Those damn Ss have got us outnumbered anyway. We've gotta stick together.

NFs UNITE!!!!!! NFs UNITE!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I know you say you love sensors, but your words don't add up. Do you think being an NF makes you superior in some way, because your type is "rarer"? What I'm trying to say is that a person is a person, and we all share the same functions in different amounts.
    I absolutely do not feel superior to ANY other personality type. Nor do I think that Ns are generally superior to Ss. Ns are better than Ss in certain areas. Ss kick our N *sses in other areas. One way of seeing the world is not better than the other. Ss and Ns are just different.

And since we all have all the same functions (though in varying strengths), then I think real wisdom comes from using the mental function most appropriate to the needs of a given situation and NOT just what you're most comfortable with. Sometimes being an N totally sucks.

Alright. That's settled now. No elitism here...

If I say that sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority, it's not because I'm an elitist, it's because...

<Insert drum roll here.>

I'M IN THE MINORITY...

I've read differing statistics, but the one that sticks out is that NFs are @ 13% of the population. Whatever the exact number, they are not the norm. And sometimes I feel like I'm a freak living in a Sensor world.

So what if a little part of me feels like I'm part of a secret club of N-ness? And so what if I make a glib comment about how NFs need to unite against all those Sensors. That comment was intended to be satirical and witty.

What I said is NOT the same as me saying that I'm better than Ss. It's just recognizing that when Ns seek each other out, it can be very affirming and validating.

Do you know how many years I spent as a girl and later a young woman feeling soooo different from everyone around me? Only later did I come to understand this was my dominant Ne making me feel different. How wonderful for me to learn that there wasn't anything "wrong" with me, and even better, that there were literally millions of people in the world that struggled with the same issues.

So it is possible to affirm who I am, seek validation from others like me, and think no less of Sensors in the process.

------------------

I don't know how we started going down this path, but I suggest that everyone posting to this thread right now stop and regroup. We are WAY WAY WAY off topic.

I would love to see some more lists from NF females. I have so enjoyed reading them.

I'm an ISFP male. Probably not that common either. And I doubt the majority of people even know ISFPs anyways, male or female. We're probably in the same boat. Or at the very least, don't think I don't understand some of your frustrations.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by janga549 View Post
    Will "dreamy, romantic, elegant, and expressive" do?
    janga549, I love your profile picture.

And, I love those adjectives. Especially elegant. Nicely said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

All NFs have a special kinship. So why get frustrated when a duck quacks? Instead, why not embrace and celebrate it. Those damn Ss have got us outnumbered anyway. We've gotta stick together.

NFs UNITE!!!!!! NFs UNITE!!!!!!

Here's the thing....if you're totally wrong about prplchknz and I being SPs vs. NFs, this post here is just...too ridiculous for words.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think we long ago moved past whether or not you and prplchknz are NFs or SPs. You guys say you're NFs, then more power to you both. Like I said to you before, I would NEVER presume to tell someone their type.

I encourage you to not over extrapolate because I made one passing comment that I get both ENFP and ESFP vibes off of you.

This is a non-starter because I am fully willing to acknowledge that you and prplchknz are whatever type you both think you are.

So I'm going to drop this line of thought and get back to the topic of this thread which is:

This list is for all those people who think that NF women can't cut the wheat from the chaff because we're too nice. Well think again. NF women can and do have deal breakers.*

Please break your list into these three sections:
    1. Must Haves
    2. Rather Nots
    3. Deal Breakers

*This thread is inspired by the NT Females' Deal Breakers thread on the NT Rationale forum.

MBTI
    ENFP

Do you know how many years I spent as a girl and later a young woman feeling soooo different from everyone around me? Only later did I come to understand this was my dominant Ne making me feel different. How wonderful for me to learn that there wasn't anything "wrong" with me, and even better, that there were literally millions of people in the world that struggled with the same issues.

So it is possible to affirm who I am, seek validation from others like me, and think no less of Sensors in the process.
    This is me, exactly.

Anyway, I must have someone with a sense of humor and intelligence. Not book smarts; intelligence and makes use of it. Interesting conversation is a must have.
    I have to find something about them interesting.
    Money and/or ambition to get some and improve their station in life.

I'd rather not have a couch potato. I'd rather not have someone who can't physically keep up with me. I'd rather not deal with socio-political blindness.

Actually that's a deal breaker. Dishonesty is a deal break. I don't mind ulterior motives because i have them myself but communicate them. I run from liars.

I don't have a lot of these thought out.

My fantasy must have is an unrealistic imaginary sugar daddy.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    My fantasy must have is an unrealistic imaginary sugar daddy.

Actually you could probably advertise in the adult personals and easily secure such a thing.

Just plan for him to be old.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually you could probably advertise in the adult personals and easily secure such a thing.

Just plan for him to be old.
    Oh.. ..I plan to. I don't mind a big age difference.
    The only obstacle is getting dolled up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Oh.. ..I plan to. I don't mind a big age difference.
    The only obstacle is getting dolled up.
    Hey seriously, if you don't mind the age difference, good luck to you.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hey seriously, if you don't mind the age difference, good luck to you.

Thanks.