User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Also, things that I had previously thought to be dealbreakers pop up in people in surprising ways that actually 'work' so then how can I say it is a universal dealbreaker? (if that makes any sense)

Actually, this is probably primarily about me not wanting to commit to any particular answer to this question...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ

1. Must NOT still be in Mom's apron strings.

That's all i can think of, right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Because they are too busy idealising the men because of their own insecurities. There, I said it...

welp, someone had to.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    // Eww. Bye. [/B]
    1 ) Obsession with mysticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    haha, obsession with mysticism is a definite "no"!
    i love that this is my dealbreaker. the fact that i perfectly meet the list except for this. what good is Ni that doesn't get a little fucking cosmic now and then? and try to bask in momentary glimpses of ultimate meaning?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Do you even know what clicking means at a neurological level? Your brain is making these lists whether you know it or not, consciously or subconsciously you do have well defined criteria.

I don't judge people based on lists, but I do have my standards, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I mean, these threads were for shits and giggles anyway right? That's the whole point.
    Yes! Exactly.

It is/was mostly for shitz and gigglez. That's what I got from it initially. Then it started to gauge off into serious aspects that are pertinent to any relationship beneath the surface when fireworks fizzle.

I don't think I've ever seen a discussion so heated throughout the boards. Esoteric, was a fun/interesting topic. Hehehe. I know marriage therapists usually ask couples to write out lists for what they want. This was a freebie. Thanks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    haha, obsession with mysticism is a definite "no"!
    :ouch:

Nothing to be said of cultural relativism? I've been wanting to live with shamans to experience their lifestyle and pick their brains for awhile now. I don't, however, have tons of crystals around my house, and will not tell people how I feel about their aura.

But I must be leaving now. I have tree spirits to converse with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Rather nots
    religious
    very into sports
    very short
    ugly
    :ouch::ouch::ouch:
    How short is "very short"?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    This thread reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in Much Ado About Nothing:

Seems like people have been making such lists for a very long time. I guess it's true. The world must be peopled.

Umberto Eco on lists.

Umberto Eco: The list is the origin of culture. It's part of the history of art and literature. What does culture want? To make infinity comprehensible. It also wants to create order -- not always, but often. And how, as a human being, does one face infinity? How does one attempt to grasp the incomprehensible?

Slightly off, but somewhat on topic. You NF-emales ever meet someone who totally goes against your list, someone you seemingly despise, but can't help but be drawn to?

I know I have. Maybe not necessarily "despise", but it was a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    :ouch::ouch::ouch:
    How short is "very short"?
    i actually dont like putting physical characteristics on the list because i cant guarantee i wont be attracted to someone who is not physically attractive to me, but i doubt i would. I dated some unattractive guys but looking back I actually think that was one of the problems in those relationships.

to me it's under 5 7 for male. ( 170 cm )

and everybody will find part of him/herself on someone else's deal breakers list, no reason to cry

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Also, things that I had previously thought to be dealbreakers pop up in people in surprising ways that actually 'work' so then how can I say it is a universal dealbreaker? (if that makes any sense)

Actually, this is probably primarily about me not wanting to commit to any particular answer to this question...
    Well I don't know about you, but as far as "judging" people is concerned...it would severely tick me off (as in I'd feel a hypocrite...but, don't get your panties in a twist...not calling you one) if I didn't like something in someone and could like it in someone else.