• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Brutally honest ENFP?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm sure she was trying to be empathetic.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Self-improvement is one of the main focuses for people of the NF temperament. In ENFJs, this is curtailed to self-actualization. Telling someone that 'who they are is the problem' is an egregious offense to an ENFJ.

You are not just your type.

Besides you let others have that power over you? You know what I'd say to someone who would tell me "you're doomed" ? I'd laugh at them.

I think what LadyJaye meant to imply was that being a Fe-dominant man is obviously very different and probably "harder" than being a Fe-dominant woman in our society. She's probably right too. Doesn't render self-actualization impossible.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Sounds a lot like Keanu Reeves

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I can be brutally honest. I got in trouble because of it many times. And lost friends, but those weren't real friends, I guess.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I've lost friends because I'm brutally honest, but I'm not going to lie or coddle someone.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
And if they can't handle it, they're not cut from the proper material. :)

Right, and I expect brutal honesty from my friends as well. I respect honesty and the bonds of friendship become stronger in my opinion.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Right, and I expect brutal honesty from my friends as well. I respect honesty and the bonds of friendship become stronger in my opinion.

Same here. Everyone is so fake and hell bent on never talking about anything useful.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
It's great once you get past all the fake shit though and everyone's cards are on the table so to speak.

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's great once you get past all the fake shit though and everyone's cards are on the table so to speak.

Glad I am not the only one! I hate fake stuff. That is why I always like to encourage people to come to my parties... I only ever invite real people. Everyone always comments how much they enjoy meeting real and nice people.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Well I'm always careful with the term "real" since I don't think there is such a thing so I always try to understand the "most correct" form of my friends and I try to show them the same.

Thoroughly dishonest people just annoy me.

Liesl

For quite some time now, I've found myself being much more outspoken than usual, and much more honest. Honest to the point where I'm just downright mean (even borderline cruel), sometimes.

I try very hard not to be mean to my friends, but to people I don't know or care about? Ouch. If they upset me, they're in for a world of hurt.

I think that I am starting to care less about the feelings of everyone around me.

Is this normal for ENFPs?

Is it possible my F trait is... Diminishing? Shifting to T?

Or am I going through a weird funk?
I'm very outspoken, direct, and honest as well. It's only when I'm around people that are vulnerable or people that are very near and dear to me that I am truly my unconditionally loving and warm self.

ENFPs have Fi rather than Fe. As a disclaimer, the traits don't really diminish. Even if they did, diminishing Fi would mean your values would be getting weaker. Diminishing Fe would mean that you were connecting less with other people's feelings. So, no this is not a phenomenon of diminishing Fi. It's more about the fact that Fe is not one of your preferred functions!

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I'm always careful with the term "real" since I don't think there is such a thing so I always try to understand the "most correct" form of my friends and I try to show them the same.

Thoroughly dishonest people just annoy me.
True should be more careful with my language.