User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 33

  1. #11
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    It IS Te. ESFP's do it too, but with much more frequency it seems (maybe ESXX's are more extroverted in general than ENXX's.)

    I logged on to post about this actually. Can't find the topic but Lady Jaye (ENFP) basically told an ENFJ (presumably male) that she's learned that in life ENFJ men have problem because there Feelers who are men. I'm not sure if I got it 100 % right but that's like saying that Feeler men are a blight on society and they should just blow their brains out because they'll never fit in.

    Probably one of the rudest things I've seen on here. I'm sure some of it has to do with improper Fe-Te and Fi-Ti exchange across FP/TJ's and FJ/TP's but that doesn't make her statement any less fucked up. I'm not gonna give leniency to someone who has knows an ENFJ as well as she does and still comes out with something like that, especially given the fact that you have to think, think and rethink stuff that you type.

    Really makes me fume. That advice is no advice. I hate people that tell me I have a problem and have 0 advice on what to do about it. [edit]
    Wow. Lady Jaye is one of the kindest, sweetest enfps here honestly. She is amazingly sweet-I am a brutal hellish, flame breathing, mind dissecting dragon bitch in comparison. Just sayin... lady jaye is angellic.

    Sounds like you took her factual Te observation of ENFJ men she had observed-then continued with your analysis of what her facts actually meant as a personal insult-not what she said.

    Does Fe/Ti misread a flat Te statement of fact as a subtle Ti insult? Also-Fe "completes the sentence" meaning it makes convos sound polite-but each Fe user completes the more negative translation in their own minds. Te/Fi does NOT do that. With Te/Fi, what you see is what you get. Meaning it sounds like you completed lady's sentence, on your own....and thus developed meaning she never actually intended.

    Interesting.

    And yes OP. Very often I state things as facts or very bluntly even when no emotive content is involved. Simple "thoughts" can sound rude via text. In person this comes across okay unless I am very agitated or upset-then I can sound bitchy.
    Last edited by wolfy; 06-07-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: edited quote

  2. #12
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    It IS Te. ESFP's do it too, but with much more frequency it seems (maybe ESXX's are more extroverted in general than ENXX's.)

    I logged on to post about this actually. Can't find the topic but Lady Jaye (ENFP) basically told an ENFJ (presumably male) that she's learned that in life ENFJ men have problem because there Feelers who are men. I'm not sure if I got it 100 % right but that's like saying that Feeler men are a blight on society and they should just blow their brains out because they'll never fit in.

    Probably one of the rudest things I've seen on here. I'm sure some of it has to do with improper Fe-Te and Fi-Ti exchange across FP/TJ's and FJ/TP's but that doesn't make her statement any less fucked up. I'm not gonna give leniency to someone who has knows an ENFJ as well as she does and still comes out with something like that, especially given the fact that you have to think, think and rethink stuff that you type.

    Really makes me fume. That advice is no advice. I hate people that tell me I have a problem and have 0 advice on what to do about it. [edit]
    lady jaye is a very thoughtful conscientious poster who would not intentionally be cruel to someone. i'm sure she did not mean her words in the way you heard them.

    edit: haha orobas we both had to say something about that! funny...
    Last edited by wolfy; 06-07-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: edited quote
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #13
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    It IS Te. ESFP's do it too, but with much more frequency it seems (maybe ESXX's are more extroverted in general than ENXX's.)

    I logged on to post about this actually. Can't find the topic but Lady Jaye (ENFP) basically told an ENFJ (presumably male) that she's learned that in life ENFJ men have problem because there Feelers who are men. I'm not sure if I got it 100 % right but that's like saying that Feeler men are a blight on society and they should just blow their brains out because they'll never fit in.

    Probably one of the rudest things I've seen on here. I'm sure some of it has to do with improper Fe-Te and Fi-Ti exchange across FP/TJ's and FJ/TP's but that doesn't make her statement any less fucked up. I'm not gonna give leniency to someone who has knows an ENFJ as well as she does and still comes out with something like that, especially given the fact that you have to think, think and rethink stuff that you type.

    Really makes me fume. That advice is no advice. I hate people that tell me I have a problem and have 0 advice on what to do about it.
    You are obviously not very comfortable with your F nature to react that way. Which is probably the kind of "data" LadyJaye is basing herself on to say what she did (which btw is super duper utterly despicable....on Mars maybe) in the first place.

  4. #14
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Tertiary Te?
    Each type is the result of four Jungian cognitive functions, which are subordinate to each other depending on their order of preference, and supposedly balance each other out: One Intuitive process, one Sensing process, one Feeling process and one Thinking process. As an ENFP, your four processes are Ne (Extroverted Intuition: theorizing, zany ideas, synthesis and finding hidden patterns), followed by Fi (Introverted Feeling: personal values, keeping in touch with what you believe and staying true to yourself), followed by Te (Extroverted Thinking: organization, segmenting, objective standards, reliance on empirical data, finding what works and applying it; the "boss" function so to speak), and finally Si (Memory, experience, reliance on what you have previously learned to be true and reliable).

    As a Feeler your main mode of operation is Intuition and Feeling, but on occasion your tertiary Thinking function could cut in and make you brutally honest, or give you other odd character traits generally associated with prick xxTJs. I myself have highly balanced functions, so I often come off as ESTJ because of this.

    Hope that explains it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #15
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    OP, how old are you? Perhaps this is your tert Te coming out.

    I think there is nothing wrong per sae with being direct. However, saying things out of left field or when unnecessary is rude and get you social blowback (I think our ENTP cousins are more familiar with this ).

    I think in balanced ENFPs, we are aware of how people will perceive what we say and we can say things that are direct but also well spoken so they are as well-received as possible. Or not, if we consciously choose to do so.

    I think in this case, the key to getting a handle on Tert Te and integrating it is learning how to direct it and not having it startle you to where you say things and then go, "Why'd I say that?" or feel entitled to say things that people think are rude or hurtful just because you are angry/hurt/or just noncommital yourself.

    I guess you could say that in ENTPs it's Fe that tempers the alienating/abrasive effects of pure Te but in ENFPs it's Fi.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  6. #16
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    ENTPs don't have Te, they have Ti (which is nowhere near as abrasive).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #17
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    ENTPs don't have Te...
    That's as ridiculous as saying ENTPs don't have an amygdala.
    People have the ability to use all the cognitive processes.
    What varies from individual to individual is the level of consciousness.

  8. #18
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Alright they have almost no Te, then. You have a point but it must be stressed that people don't have an equal inherent ability to use all eight functions, because people are not of equal or uniform in mental ability. I'm utterly shit at using Ni, myself, for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  9. #19
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Alright they have almost no Te, then. You have a point but it must be stressed that people don't have an equal inherent ability to use all eight functions, because people are not of equal or uniform in mental ability. I'm utterly shit at using Ni, myself, for example.
    I never suggested people use all 8 equally.
    But all of this is purely theoretical and what holds true for one person-even within the same alleged type- may not hold true for the next person.

    The biggest factor in function development is familial and environmental influences.
    There are very few people left in this forum who actually buy into the "canned" function orders MBTI claims.
    MBTI is but one theory, Aleksei. It doesn't mean it's accurate.
    I'm just asking you to keep an open mind, that's all.

  10. #20
    Senior Member chris1207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You are obviously not very comfortable with your F nature to react that way. Which is probably the kind of "data" LadyJaye is basing herself on to say what she did (which btw is super duper utterly despicable....on Mars maybe) in the first place.
    Self-improvement is one of the main focuses for people of the NF temperament. In ENFJs, this is curtailed to self-actualization. Telling someone that 'who they are is the problem' is an egregious offense to an ENFJ.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

Similar Threads

  1. The Brutally Honest Thread
    By phobik in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Fs are dishonest to spare feelings Js are brutally honest Y or N
    By yupitsme in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 10:18 AM
  3. brutally honest personality test?
    By Lady_X in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 04:04 AM
  4. The Brutally Honest Personality Test
    By woodpeace in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM
  5. The brutally honest personality test
    By Sahara in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO