User Tag List

123 Last

Default How to tell a differance between NF types ?

First of all: I am not interested in theory and functions since I know theory pretty well. In what I am more interested is how this looks in practice.

I mean it is easy when a persons type is "obvious". But what if it is not ?

For example ambitious, somewhat organized and a little bit shy ENFP can look alot like INFJ that is not totally J. (like INTJ and ENTP)

The differenace between INFPs and ENFPs is also often quite hard to determine.

Despite function order ENFP are often quite skillful at using Fe. (even if they are often denying that)

While INFJs often have pretty good Fi in the background.

Etc.

In real life if I have to guess someones type and the person seems like an NF I usually just leave it at that since it can be hard to correctly type NFs. (at least it is to me)

The problem is that NFs often hide alot from other people. Especially if they don't know about MBTI or something similar since they dont want to feel alieneted or too vulnerbale.

So, is there some "tricks" when it comes to NFs ?
    You don't have to explain everything just post the tip about differance between type x and type y that you have noticed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

ENFJs are more likely to radiate a very strong and warm vibe. The one I met recently, the energy from her is so absolute but so warm and calming, I figured her to be ENFJ, but she could be an introvert. But from what I have heard about her, seems to suggest extrovert. But this is not always the case, sometimes I don't know either.

The Js would seem more rigid and controlled even if they appear slightly timid. The energy from Ps might feel more scattered, more bouncy and not linear. With introverts, I think the warmth is often concealed, so it's like a cold surface but you can tell that at the core it is warm. And with extroverts, the surface might be red-hot but the center is a bit cooler because they are Js.

I could be very wrong. I'd like to be in a room with twenty NFs and study them.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey Antisocial one, glad to see you around again.

I would suggest reading about the interaction styles of the types. On this site they have each temperament's types divided by four interaction styles. They are easy to use and make a lot of sense-

Interaction Styles
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

ReflecTcelfeR

Thanks Black for that! It helped me confirm my type. I wish I had known about that earlier. I'm also in the phase of applying what I've learned and this should help a great deal.

MBTI
    ISTP

I find all NFs to be generally warm and friendly people
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    I find all NFs to be generally warm and friendly people
    What is exactly my point/problem.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well as a ni user could you say it's something you easily recognize in others?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well as a ni user could you say it's something you easily recognize in others?
    Ni+Te and Ni+Fe are usually two very different things. However the real problem is how do you determine which one is stronger ? Ni or Fe ?
    Especially if you are somewhere with a NFJ it is quite likely that the person will automaticly use more Fe. No to mention that function order often does not work that well in the real world.

In my opinion the best way to determine NFP vs NFJ is by searching for chart the course attitude . However Fe my determine that this would be a rude thing to do, so ...........
    On the other hand ENFPs are N dom. So sometimes they can show some Ni as well.

There is simply very large number of things that can go wrong when you try to type a NF. (unless you know the person well for years)
    The thing is that entire N thing is a little bit blury so when you add subjective judgment(F) in the mix the typing problems are likely to occure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...i hear ya...and i know that my ne ni and fi and fe are my highest functions but in person i do think the most noticeable would be extraverted intuition and perception...and i think you'd notice that i don't have a filter which might lead you to determine the e

but sure yeah i know...it's tricky. it is for me too....i can't even always tell nf's from nt's sometimes all you're sure about is np or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right...i hear ya...and i know that my ne ni and fi and fe are my highest functions but in person i do think the most noticeable would be extraverted intuition and perception...and i think you'd notice that i don't have a filter which might lead you to determine the e
    Exactly.

Ok I will make a small test to see if this typical J/P divide works here .

How often do you late to your appointments if it is not something very important ? (as NFs)