User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

often
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm a few minutes late or barely on time fairly often.

Edit: This is only if I'm alone. My husband and children can't stand being late, so they keep me punctual when we're together.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How often do you late to your appointments if it is not something very important ? (as NFs)
    I'm often late even if it is important.

I can't believe I haven't got fired from my job yet. My positive attributes must outweigh the negative.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok I will make a small test to see if this typical J/P divide works here .

How often do you late to your appointments if it is not something very important ? (as NFs)
    I like to get to appointments on time. I may seem like I'm taking forever to get ready to head out the door, but more often than not, I end up arriving at get-togethers/ dates/ eating out, earlier than everyone else. Then I end up pacing around waiting for everyone else to show up!

Only rarely am I late, and that's if:
    1. I get absorbed in homework.
    2. Wake up late.
    3. Waste time perfecting the outfit I have on, straightening out my hair, makeup etc.
    4. Get lost finding the road to the place.
    5. Get stuck in traffic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Here is where I throw the proverbial wrench into the gears.

I am almost always on time.. with everything. when it comes to interviews and appointments I am always 10 mins early.. sometimes I will plan ahead.
    I pay my bills on time, and if I can't I call ahead, If I can't make an appointment I call ahead. I show up for work on time or even a bit early.

Not very P of me.. I know

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't come off as warm & friendly to most people at first. More often than not, people relate their first impression of me to be aloof, stand-offish and cool. If you talk to me for a length of time, then I think I come across as empathetic and kind, although I still never have people call me "warm". I have been called "sweet" a lot, after people realize I am shy, but actually very nice. I think INFJs are similar, but ENFXs seem warm more quickly - even if they are not extremely outgoing, there is a friendlier vibe immediately.

From my perspective, both NFJs have a tendency of seeming very concentrated on whoever they are talking to. However, NFPs may listen intently & still give off a more spacey vibe. ENFPs actually come across as more energetic than ENFJs, but ENFJs seem more consistent with their energy. INFPs seem the most floaty/detached of all the NFs. INFJs are a lot more "composed" & it makes them seem less "dreamy".

As far as structure, NFJs seem happy to implement a plan, but might back out later (commit quickly & more easily). NFPs may hem & haw over committing to a plan, and then pull through at the last minute or confirm they aren't on board.

I am consistently late everywhere I go, or I'm walking in at the last minute (that's when it is really important). There are occasions in which I am early, but I have to make a big effort (which is draining and why I don't often do it), and more often than not, someone was prodding me to make sure I am early. When I am early, I tend to be really early, and it's usually in the evening since I am not a morning person.

However, I am ontime or even early with things like paying bills, meeting deadlines for work, and generally taking care of personal responsibilities. My arrival time is only what tends to be late - I'm actually very responsible.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hey Antisocial one, glad to see you around again.

I would suggest reading about the interaction styles of the types. On this site they have each temperament's types divided by four interaction styles. They are easy to use and make a lot of sense-

Interaction Styles
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Thanks Black for that! It helped me confirm my type. I wish I had known about that earlier. I'm also in the phase of applying what I've learned and this should help a great deal.
    Huh... I am a lot like the ENFJ description on that page, probably even more than the ENFP description.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You look at the first and last letters of their MBTI type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't come off as warm & friendly to most people at first. More often than not, people relate their first impression of me to be aloof, stand-offish and cool. If you talk to me for a length of time, then I think I come across as empathetic and kind, although I still never have people call me "warm". I have been called "sweet" a lot, after people realize I am shy, but actually very nice. I think INFJs are similar, but ENFXs seem warm more quickly - even if they are no extremely outgoing, there is a friendlier vibe immediately.

From my perspective, both NFJs have a tendency of seeming very concentrated on whoever they are talking to. However, NFPs may listen intently & still give off a more spacey vibe. ENFPs actually come across as more energetic than ENFJs, but ENFJs seem more consistent with their energy. INFPs seem the most floaty/detached of all the NFs. INFJs are a lot more "composed" & it makes them seem less "dreamy".

As far as structure, NFJs seem happy to implement a plan, but might back out later (commit quickly & more easily). NFPs may hem & haw over committing to a plan, and then pull through at the last minute or confirm they aren't on board.

I am consistently late everywhere I go, or I'm walking in at the last minute (that's when it is really important). There are occasions in which I am early, but I have to make a big effort (which is draining and why I don't often do it), and more often than not, someone was prodding me to make sure I am early. When I am early, I tend to be really early, and it's usually in the evening since I am not a morning person.

However, I am ontime or even early with things like paying bills, meeting deadlines for work, and generally taking care of personal responsibilities. My arrival time is only what tends to be late - I'm actually very responsible.
    this was all very well said. i totally agree.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4w5

Ni doms have a more controlled vibe for me. It feels like one straight line, and the Ne's have 2 wobbly lines going off in different directions. Bad example, but that's what it feels like. I really don't think the J/P is all that accurate in helping one to type someone. Unless a person is excessively organised, then they'd probably point to being a J. My parents are both Ps but both had J parents so they're not too disorganized. The majority of my siblings however are major Ps, and I dunno if this has caused my J to be very weak. I'm very messy but I'm normally not late for appointments. Someone who has a well-developed Te should be more organized (I think?).

I think one of the harder types to type is the difference between INFP and ENFP. The ENFPs I know can be pretty introverted and need their alone time, and a lot of the INFPs I know can be pretty outgoing. I guess same goes for INFJ, because there are some VERY sociable infjs who would put some sociable enfjs to shame. Also, I think that people who have a strong Ni often have a strong Ne, cuz Ni seems to be derived from Ne.

Just be glad that full types don't always automatically pop into your head LOL. Automatically seeing labels over people's heads is probably not the greatest thing in the world. I used to automatically type ppl - ppl I didn't even know well - but am so glad that I have stopped doing that LOL