User Tag List

Red face trying to figure out ennegram

Hi everyone, im new here and i think this is a great place and im glad i found you all . I am an infp, it fits me the best but on ennegrams sometimes i come out as 4 other times i come out as 9, and they both fit me very good, is it possible to be both. i have very strong emotions but i only share them with close friends, i keep them deep inside with people i dont know, im prone to be sad, but i do have depression so that could have somethig to do with it, i rather be mellow yellow and peaceful, i feel happiest when im that way, people say im pretty much happy, i do try to distract mysel then im nervous, and usally if i have negitive strong emotions i try to block it out so i don't get too upset

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by roachick10 View Post
    Hi everyone, im new here and i think this is a great place and im glad i found you all . I am an infp, it fits me the best but on ennegrams sometimes i come out as 4 other times i come out as 9, and they both fit me very good, is it possible to be both. i have very strong emotions but i only share them with close friends, i keep them deep inside with people i dont know, im prone to be sad, but i do have depression so that could have somethig to do with it, i rather be mellow yellow and peaceful, i feel happiest when im that way, people say im pretty much happy, i do try to distract mysel then im nervous, and usally if i have negitive strong emotions i try to block it out so i don't get too upset
    You're a type 9. Type 4s are much more moody and stew over their negative emotions. As a type 4w5 , I tend not to avoid my feelings, rather I confront them head-on, intellectualize them, put them through the brain filter and figure them out ("Why do I feel this way?" "Perhaps I feel this way because of A.").

Type 9s attempt to block out their emotions more. They want to have peaceful relationships with people.

Think of it this way: when you're in an argument with someone close to you (such as a sibling), how do you typically respond? If you tend to retreat and say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." you're likely a 9. If you tend to get even more agitated and flared up and the words in the back of your mind are "They don't understand me!", you're likely a 4.

I hope this helps you to arrive at a conclusion here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

yes it does thank you