User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I used to be an INTP, now I'm an INFP. What happened? What does it mean?

Senior Member Array Abstract Thinker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    It all about energy, not the bull crap that the spirituals believe, but where your energy is best used.
    Well said. It IS all about energy. From the physical world, to the metaphysical, to the emotional.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

type does not change, but how you use functions in new situation might change. Like you might be still intp, but if you have gone some big changes in your life that is forcing you to use more Fi and you have got used to it, you might test as infp instead of intp. Or maybe the situation might have been so that earlier you had to use Ti more than Fi and you tested as intp because of that.

Dont never ever rely on some internet tests when determining whats your type. They only measure the current function usage and function usage might change based on whats the situation in your life. Even those pro tests that you take one on one with someone they always ask your opinion about the type that you tested and try to figure out if the test gave you the right results or not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Okay, gotta go home. Thanks so much to all of you for your input so far. This is the first forum I've ever joined that had any kind of emotional vibe. I was always way too private about such things. Anyway, you've made my first experience a good one. :-)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    type does not change, but how you use functions in new situation might change.
    Interesting. Yes, I very well might be using functions differently now. There's a lot in my life that's different. I'll give it some thought. Thanks.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    infp

Same here! I tested in April 2000 and I was INTP. Now, over 16 years later, I tested and I'm INFP. I tested twice to make sure.
    I thought maybe my personality type changed because now I have children. That's the only major change in my life since then.
    I was a little upset at first, too. I always thought of myself as more of a thinker then a feeler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12