User Tag List

12 Last

Dali

Default INFJs, what qualities/characteristics...

.. would your ideal significant other possess?

Curious.

p.s. My apologies in case this has already been addressed.

p.p.s. No, I do not mean to use the information for evil.
    Last edited by Dali; 06-04-2010 at 03:51 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ

My preferred mate is ENTP or ENFP. Or somewhere in the middle. Definitely more extraverted, but someone who also is understanding of the intravert's perspective. Also, someone who can talk about their feelings, but who doesn't overpower me with them (that's what I'm there for . Someone who can help me make hard decisions and stay focused on the big picture. Someone who challenges me and who lets me teach them what I know and like. Someone who's beautiful, sexy and a great kisser.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by kccrush View Post
    My preferred mate is ENTP or ENFP. Or somewhere in the middle. Definitely more extraverted, but someone who also is understanding of the intravert's perspective. Also, someone who can talk about their feelings, but who doesn't overpower me with them (that's what I'm there for . Someone who can help me make hard decisions and stay focused on the big picture. Someone who challenges me and who lets me teach them what I know and like. Someone who's beautiful, sexy and a great kisser.
    Wow! If I lived in San Franscisco, I'd hopping the bus on my way over to your place right now.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Prefered mate? When I see one I like I know it. Its more of a going through life and meeting people and seeing what jives and what doesn't but if we are on the subject of shopping lists for mates here it goes -

1. Responsible
    2. Caring
    3. Must Cuddle
    4. Must not condemn my craziness
    5. I would totally love a partner who would enjoys cleaning and organizing because I sure don't.
    6. Sense of Humor
    7. Is willing to listen and participate to hours of psychological jargon
    8. One who doesn't yell so much
    9. One who is willing to take care of mundane tasks such as paying bills and reminding me to do little stuff I forget on a daily basis.
    10. One who will talk about emotions for hours on end with me.
    11. And of course the respect rules go into play too.

Really type doesn't matter if my list of demands are met as far as I am concerned, your perfect, lets sign the paperwork and get you hired in!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    Prefered mate? When I see one I like I know it.
    Exactly! For me, it's difficult to start making any lists about certain characteristics. It's all about the person in question, what works for one person doesn't work for another. I could dream up all kinds of "ideal" characteristics but sometimes a person comes along who has none of those and they're absolutely perfect.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Exactly! For me, it's difficult to start making any lists about certain characteristics. It's all about the person in question, what works for one person doesn't work for another. I could dream up all kinds of "ideal" characteristics but sometimes a person comes along who has none of those and they're absolutely perfect.
    Amen Sister!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ

I've yet to find someone remotely filling the bill, unfortunately:

Humility
    Respect for life in all forms
    Cynicism towards what is accepted as status quo
    A sense of humor not founded in hate
    Is NOT overly romantic - I hate being praised endlessly, I dislike traditional romance greatly
    Does not need me to stand on his own two feet, stands up for himself if need be
    Knowledge seeker
    Has some degree of nerdiness so I can discuss philosophy or comics with him
    NOT a hardcore gamer
    Has a passion that gives him a purpose in life that is all his own

Being a vegetarian, environmentally-conscious person would be nice, but not necessary. Also, preferably NF or a healthy NT or the Artist type.

I have yet to discover a person in person with even 2/3rds of these things. So sad.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    Prefered mate? When I see one I like I know it. Its more of a going through life and meeting people and seeing what jives and what doesn't but if we are on the subject of shopping lists for mates here it goes -

1. Responsible
    2. Caring
    3. Must Cuddle
    4. Must not condemn my craziness
    5. I would totally love a partner who would enjoys cleaning and organizing because I sure don't.
    6. Sense of Humor
    7. Is willing to listen and participate to hours of psychological jargon
    8. One who doesn't yell so much
    9. One who is willing to take care of mundane tasks such as paying bills and reminding me to do little stuff I forget on a daily basis.
    10. One who will talk about emotions for hours on end with me.
    11. And of course the respect rules go into play too.

Really type doesn't matter if my list of demands are met as far as I am concerned, your perfect, lets sign the paperwork and get you hired in!
    Out of curiosity, if someone could do all of those quite well, except for #5, 9, and 10, would you still consider that a pretty close fit? I think I'd probably fit well with an INFJ, but I'm only capable of doing 5, 9, and 10 in fits and starts. None of this "hours on end" in any of those three categories.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Couple of my criteria:

1. Intelligence. Both emotional and intellectual. I like a balance between heart and mind. Someone who I can carry on an intelligent conversation with, but turn to when things get tough.
    2. Integrity. He holds true to his values, doesn't fall for peer pressure, has little need to join the status quo, and embraces individuality. Having mutual respect for each other is essential.
    3. Common values. Passion for science, music, literature, similar philosophies, treating others fairly, is open-minded with spirituality, moderate political platform.
    4. Independent and responsible. Gets things done without having to be badgered to start a project, doesn't fall for peer pressure, is a leader.
    5. Sense of Humor. As long as it isn't childish or annoying, I'll take it.
    6. Keeps his cool. If things get bad, he keeps his cool and solves problems without too much emotional drama. No clingy-ness, please.
    7. Steady income/ job. For pragmatic reasons. In order to support a family, he's going to have to have a stable income that will pay bills.
    8. Household skills. This includes being able to fix things around the house, pay bills on time/early, financial management skills, computer/ technology savvy, basic cooking, first aid, what cleaning stuff you should or shouldn't mix together. I like working with someone who knows how to run a household along with me, instead of having to take care of everything for him. It's a team effort.
    9. Good with kids and pets. Understands their needs well, and how to take care of them.
    10. Is romantic and good in bed.
    11. Is attractive in my eyes.
    12. Someone who loves me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Someone worthy of my trust
    someone worthy of my loyalty
    someone who is willing to work and make things work right
    someone who is willing to tell me when im wrong without hurting me
    someone who would never betray me

I can accept most any type of person and learn to get along with them, but when it comes to dating and I am in a relationship where my heart is invested, I can be quite demanding, I would do anything for my love, i would die, bleed, kill, for her... but I kind of need the same in return.

As for preferences.. hmmm

I like girls who are smart and funny, intelligence is a big boost, huge kudos for understanding half of my references lol.

I like geeks but its not required, im a geek though so i like having things in common.

Someone open minded and non judgmental, I dont want to be pushed around i dont want to have to explain why im a grown man and I dont have to get permission to go have fun with my brothers or my friends.

I like my woman to be attractive
    fit
    intelligent
    girly
    feminine
    Ground control to Major Tom