• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] You and your role models...

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Pippi Longstockings is my greatest role model. I want to be just like her. Or Jack Sparrow! :D They're a bit alike. They do exactly what they want for themselves. They're not all that perfect, but at least they have fun. :yes:

Mr Snuggles

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know some people that I would consider role models, although its only aspects of their personality that I respect greatly/ wish to emulate.

No celebrities though.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know some people that I would consider role models, although its only aspects of their personality that I respect greatly/ wish to emulate.

No celebrities though.

Yeah same, like Marty Mcfly... just noticed how awesome he is... rebel, has a hot girlfriend, is a pro guitarist, has an awesome personality(infp-isfp like me) but from all of those... I'd like to emulate his carefree confidence thing he has going on.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pippi Longstockings is my greatest role model. I want to be just like her. Or Jack Sparrow! :D They're a bit alike. They do exactly what they want for themselves. They're not all that perfect, but at least they have fun. :yes:

I think that's the same stereotypical thing my enfp sister would have said.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah same, like Marty Mcfly... just noticed how awesome he is... rebel, has a hot girlfriend, is a pro guitarist, has an awesome personality(infp-isfp like me) but from all of those... I'd like to emulate his carefree confidence thing he has going on.

I watched Back to the Future last night, Marty Macfly was a pretty clear cut istp to me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friends are my role models. My very successful ENTJ friend's example encouraged me to go back to college.

gromit

likes this
My role models are often people who are a lot different than me, who possess qualities that are not my natural strengths. Or else they are people who embody qualities that I consider my natural strengths, but in a very balanced, mature way.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
Do the 4th Doctor and Murdock from the A-team count? :D

Seriously, I didn't have anybody I really considered a role model growing up. Now, in my late 20's, I've found a couple. They're usually very close friends I've come to admire.

One being something of a mentor to me in my field, an intelligent business man, and a great friend to all. Always willing to help somebody out and sharp enough to help me figure out the smart way to make some important decisions in my life. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but always get where the other is coming from. My brother in all but blood.

The other is an ENFJ friend who became a role model to me (whether they know it or not) in dealing with people and bringing my hermiting self out of the shell a bit. I've taken a lot of what I've seen from her and tried to adapt it into something that works for me. She seems to have gone AWOL from my life at the moment. An amazing friend who left one helluva a permanent impression on me before she dropped off the map.

There are others who've helped me grow as a person, but these two are (and probably always will be) the most stand-out.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nope, no role models. My ideals/values are my role models. The image of the person I aspire to be.

P

Phantonym

No, I've never had any role models. I've certainly admired some aspects in people but I can't say that I've tried to emulate anybody on purpose. I guess some things have rubbed off, subconsciously. :laugh:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Couple of my role models include:

My grandfather (INTJ)
He was a quiet leader, determined, and bright.

My mother (ISTJ)
Takes after my grandfather with determination and intelligence. Great organization skills, excellent cook, and doesn't take any bull from anyone.

My father (INTP)
Keeps his cool when things go wrong, gives great advice, an intellectual.

Musicians/Artists/Scientists/ Etc.:

Kate Bush (INFP)
I admire her for her musical talent, and the fact that she took adventurous steps in her craft. She's unusual, and that's why I find her fascinating.

Tony Banks (INTJ)- Keyboardist, Genesis.
Musical genius, an introvert, with both a science and music background. Something I identify with.

Charles Darwin (INTP)
Despite the fact that his theory of natural selection wasn't popular with the Church, I admire the fact that he stood by his theories.

Marie Curie (INTJ)
She came up with the theory of radioactivity and was the first person to direct research of using radiation to treat cancer. Very important to the medical world. An intelligent woman who made a difference to the scientific world, as well as people's lives.

Stephen Hawking (INTJ)
Despite being disabled from Lou Gherig's disease, he is resilient and is still teaching and theorizing about the cosmos. The things he comes up with is brilliant.

Fictional Characters:
Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (ENTJ)- The Closer
She's tough and doesn't take b.s. from anyone. I admire strong women.

Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (INTJ)- NCIS
Admire his cool approach to managing people, going with gut instincts, and the confidence.

Miss Alice Kinnian (INFJ)- Flowers for Algernon
My role model as a teacher. A combination of intellectual and emotional intelligence, plus a keen ability to understand people.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Apart from myself - Amanda Palmer.
I've posted this elsewhere:
719012214_2f33ada98f.jpg

She's completely unafraid to be who she is and who she wants to be. Her music sounds imperfect, yet it is perfect for its cause. She is imperfect, yet perfect for her cause. Her heart is open to many people and thing, but she'll keep her strong opinions and words.

I honestly hadn't had a "hero" for a long time. I didn't think i respected anyone i didn't have direct contact with enough for such a thing, but i do. This woman is grounded and doing what she loves, while remaining true to herself. She doesn't feign happiness or hide hurt.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stephen is probably ENTJ. He was quite sociable before turning into a Dalek, and still seems to enjoy joking around and the like.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stephen is probably ENTJ. He was quite sociable before turning into a Dalek, and still seems to enjoy joking around and the like.

It could be possible he is ENTJ. But he's got one hell of use of Ni!

"Turning into a Dalek..." nice Doctor Who reference.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have a few:

My father (xSTJ): overcame a LOT of adversity to help himself and our family; he was addicted to meth until i was 7, and at one point decided enough was enough and got clean. he's been sober for over 14 years and now runs a successful business that supports us in every way imaginable.

My mom (INFJ): against all logical thought, stayed with my father. she told me that she always believed in him because she knew the real him and she simply knew that one day it would force its way out of this shell. she taught me to believe in the best in people, even if it looks like there is none.

Carl Sagan (XNTP): YouTube - Carl Sagan - 'A Glorious Dawn' ft Stephen Hawking (Symphony of Science)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's amazing how badass a bunch of garbage cans with toilet plungers for arms can be.