User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Do the 4th Doctor and Murdock from the A-team count?

Seriously, I didn't have anybody I really considered a role model growing up. Now, in my late 20's, I've found a couple. They're usually very close friends I've come to admire.

One being something of a mentor to me in my field, an intelligent business man, and a great friend to all. Always willing to help somebody out and sharp enough to help me figure out the smart way to make some important decisions in my life. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but always get where the other is coming from. My brother in all but blood.

The other is an ENFJ friend who became a role model to me (whether they know it or not) in dealing with people and bringing my hermiting self out of the shell a bit. I've taken a lot of what I've seen from her and tried to adapt it into something that works for me. She seems to have gone AWOL from my life at the moment. An amazing friend who left one helluva a permanent impression on me before she dropped off the map.

There are others who've helped me grow as a person, but these two are (and probably always will be) the most stand-out.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Nope, no role models. My ideals/values are my role models. The image of the person I aspire to be.

Phantonym

No, I've never had any role models. I've certainly admired some aspects in people but I can't say that I've tried to emulate anybody on purpose. I guess some things have rubbed off, subconsciously.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Couple of my role models include:

My grandfather (INTJ)
    He was a quiet leader, determined, and bright.

My mother (ISTJ)
    Takes after my grandfather with determination and intelligence. Great organization skills, excellent cook, and doesn't take any bull from anyone.

My father (INTP)
    Keeps his cool when things go wrong, gives great advice, an intellectual.

Musicians/Artists/Scientists/ Etc.:

Kate Bush (INFP)
    I admire her for her musical talent, and the fact that she took adventurous steps in her craft. She's unusual, and that's why I find her fascinating.

Tony Banks (INTJ)- Keyboardist, Genesis.
    Musical genius, an introvert, with both a science and music background. Something I identify with.

Charles Darwin (INTP)
    Despite the fact that his theory of natural selection wasn't popular with the Church, I admire the fact that he stood by his theories.

Marie Curie (INTJ)
    She came up with the theory of radioactivity and was the first person to direct research of using radiation to treat cancer. Very important to the medical world. An intelligent woman who made a difference to the scientific world, as well as people's lives.

Stephen Hawking (INTJ)
    Despite being disabled from Lou Gherig's disease, he is resilient and is still teaching and theorizing about the cosmos. The things he comes up with is brilliant.

Fictional Characters:
    Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (ENTJ)- The Closer
    She's tough and doesn't take b.s. from anyone. I admire strong women.

Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (INTJ)- NCIS
    Admire his cool approach to managing people, going with gut instincts, and the confidence.

Miss Alice Kinnian (INFJ)- Flowers for Algernon
    My role model as a teacher. A combination of intellectual and emotional intelligence, plus a keen ability to understand people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Apart from myself - Amanda Palmer.
    I've posted this elsewhere:

She's completely unafraid to be who she is and who she wants to be. Her music sounds imperfect, yet it is perfect for its cause. She is imperfect, yet perfect for her cause. Her heart is open to many people and thing, but she'll keep her strong opinions and words.

I honestly hadn't had a "hero" for a long time. I didn't think i respected anyone i didn't have direct contact with enough for such a thing, but i do. This woman is grounded and doing what she loves, while remaining true to herself. She doesn't feign happiness or hide hurt.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Stephen is probably ENTJ. He was quite sociable before turning into a Dalek, and still seems to enjoy joking around and the like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Stephen is probably ENTJ. He was quite sociable before turning into a Dalek, and still seems to enjoy joking around and the like.
    It could be possible he is ENTJ. But he's got one hell of use of Ni!

"Turning into a Dalek..." nice Doctor Who reference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

I have a few:

My father (xSTJ): overcame a LOT of adversity to help himself and our family; he was addicted to meth until i was 7, and at one point decided enough was enough and got clean. he's been sober for over 14 years and now runs a successful business that supports us in every way imaginable.

My mom (INFJ): against all logical thought, stayed with my father. she told me that she always believed in him because she knew the real him and she simply knew that one day it would force its way out of this shell. she taught me to believe in the best in people, even if it looks like there is none.

Carl Sagan (XNTP): YouTube - Carl Sagan - 'A Glorious Dawn' ft Stephen Hawking (Symphony of Science)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    "Turning into a Dalek..." nice Doctor Who reference.
    Makes me wanna take my sonic screwdriver and reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.

...ya know, just to be on the safe side. Friggin' Daleks.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It's amazing how badass a bunch of garbage cans with toilet plungers for arms can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole