User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: ENFP & Patterns

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's applying your inner intuition towards their outer behavior verses applying their outer behavior to what you believe is their inner motivation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've a question for all of you ENFPs, here. How would you distinguish this Ne-Fi behavior from Ni-Fe behavior? How are the predictions and observations different?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Exactly!! How does all of this differ from Ni or even Si predictions. I don't get it. I mean wouldn't Ni doms have to gather something from the external world? No matter if you're introverted or not you're still living in an outside world
    2XtremeENFP and uumlau these are great questions.

I really have no idea how to compare the two. Will some INTJs / INFJs (Ni) and ISTJs / ISFJs (Si) help us out by explaining how this work for you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Just want to say I can identify with the behaviour-pattern-spotting. I used to call myself "analytical" because of it, but I've never seen that word associated with ENFPs. The first thing I always do is look for (and spot!) the basic belief/attitude/principle/underlying idea - whether it's a new theory or a new person.

Mangos123 - Welcome to the Idyllic! You're gonna love it! I've ALWAYS wondered about me and accounting! Like EsotericWench I took the social science route, which makes me very happy, but I wish I could prove myself in something so totally un-me as Accounting. Just for the hell of it. Maybe that's why I loved maths.

I'd be keen to see you guys analyse this Ne-Fi thing. Keep going.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Question for ENFPs : How many tabs do you usually have open in your browser at the same time?
    Used to have about 8 or 9 open at once, but now it's down to 2, because I use Chrome (which uses less bandwidth if I have less tabs open), and my computer is a piece of shit and I want it to last till I can afford a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

People, this thread is about ENFP & Patterns... not about how many tabs you have open on your browser.

Perhaps someone should start a spin off thread on that. In the meantime, let's keep on track.

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Question for ENFPs : How many tabs do you usually have open in your browser at the same time?
    I'm only at 4, though I just opened my browser. Normally there are memory problems and much use of the scroll option to see all the tabs. I'm guessing 10-20 tabs normally, and maybe two or three windows with that in each.

p.s. anarchy rules
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

^Typically, around 5. Like my Fu Wei number! lol eheheheh

One for youtube, the rest for articles to read or posts that are interesting.

Sometimes 10, if it's various music I likee, like Mikee.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I would say that picking patterns is like connecting dots. Sometimes the dots become something and sometimes they don't. The same way Ne works, sometimes connected dots, things Ne picks up will add up to a something significant and sometimes the connected dots, the things Ne picks up, don't lead to anywhere.

I use my Ne mostly with people, picking up people's behavioral patterns, figuring out social behavior and patterns that people have in group situations. I also use Ne in combination with Fi to sense the general athmosphere in groups and with people. I also use Ne when learning and working and in everything (in combination with Te or my weak Ti) else but I prefer using Ne when observing and learning about people. Ne is the purest when seeking new and brainstorming about possibilities.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Personally i tend to gather information in the general and store it somewhere in my mind, over time it gathers and when a pattern emerges i can have those EUREKA moments. I can and do sometimes check facts but i rarely write things down into something tangible, thats where i have difficulty. It can be done but it's better for me to get someone to help or better still to do that part themselves. In short i am more the ideas person than the concrete person that makes things happen IRL easily.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I use my Ne mostly with people, picking up people's behavioral patterns, figuring out social behavior and patterns that people have in group situations. I also use Ne in combination with Fi to sense the general atmosphere in groups and with people.
    I can relate to this very well. I just get a vibe on the emotional tenor of the people around me.... whether I want to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Personally i tend to gather information in the general and store it somewhere in my mind, over time it gathers and when a pattern emerges i can have those EUREKA moments.
    Yep. I get those, too. It's not like solving a calculus problem and feeling glad to finally have the answer. Those epiphany moments seem to come out of nowhere. I'm usually surprised by them and sometimes even overwhelmed by their utter true-ness. I think I've come to understand that I'm gathering pieces of information along my travels without my conscious awareness. And then, I finally put it all together.

I really do think this is an important thread topic for ENFPs or anyone trying to better understand Ne. I found this great overview / analysis of Lenore Thomson's* thoughts on Ne here:

The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki **

Here's two definitions of Ne from that page that I love... and that speak to the role of patterns in Extroverted Intuition.

Proposed definition #1
    Extraverted Intuition (Ne) is the attitude that what is manifest (apparent, observable) is a reflection of a greater reality. The dinosaur bone hints at the dinosaur, the cloud hints at the coming thunderstorm, the thunderstorm is a reflection of the rotation of the Earth within its atmosphere. Whatever you find, there is something more to find: a broader context, a whole, which will change your understanding of the part.

Proposed definition #2
    Extraverted Intuition (Ne) is the attitude that the unknown is filled with wonderful things. To make use of them, you must be flexible in your goals. If you try to set things up so that only something known to be good can happen, you close your eyes to the zillions of opportunities that you can't know or define in terms of what you know now. As more of the unknown becomes clear, the more it changes your understanding of the (currently) known.

To live, then, you need to continuously welcome the unknown, by always being ready to adjust in unanticipatable ways. What seems like a mistake is not a mistake when viewed in a larger pattern--and it's your job to find that larger pattern.

*The link is down as of this posting due to a server error. However if you google [Lenore Extraverted Intuition] you can read this page via the Google Cache.
    **If you don't know about Lenore Thompson's book Personality Type, you should check it out.
    Last edited by Esoteric Wench; 06-14-2010 at 06:57 PM.