User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ENFP & Patterns

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    totally...exactly...i believe this is what makes us so nonjudgmental. we put all the pieces together and intimately understand why someone made the choices they made with the experiences they had.
    This is one of the major reasons why i like enfps so much, they are so understanding. I feel like if i can make any sense of my feelings myself, they will understand them. Also if i act in ways that arent acceptable by others because they wont understand why i do it, they will understand and because they understand they wont judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I am going to subscribe to this thread, because there is something REALLY important in here, that we, as ENFPs, need to discuss, I think, regarding our particular type of intelligence regarding pattern recognition in human beings/behavior.
    yes. We have a people library inside of our heads.

We see behavior and remember and encode with an emotional component into Si. Things we have a value (Fi) interest in-like people-merit bonus Si points and get stored more easily than facts.

As we gather these observations via Ne we use Ne to begin cross linking the Si stored observations and use Te to give it structure.

TeSi is my people library. It is a database of behavioral observations made on people. I use Ne to sort through the database and match new people to the old people, thus can make predictions about what the new people will do. It allows me to understand how to influence them.

I think Fi values keep us from using this to hurt others though.

I think of the TeSi people library as being 2D. Fi adds the third dimension to each person-it makes them unique and fleshes them out into not just a pattern, but a beautiful entity to be loved. I would suggest we store an FiSi representation of that person inside our minds in the people library-we feel it is part of US. If you attack THEM-you attack us and trigger an Fi defensive response. Because we have cared enough to emotionally connect with them, they become part of our self definition in a tiny way-thus we will seek to protect them from harm.

Is this why we can love unconditionally so easily? Since they have become part of us-we must love them or we end up hating a part of ourselves? We can forgive almost anyone? As if we do not forgive, we are angry at ourself? how odd...

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I kinda just knew when things would turn out a way, or know how to communicate to someone because of how I've seen them act in the past to certain events (related or somewhat related).
    Ever since I was a child, there were just certain things I k-n-e-w. And the feeling that I was r-i-g-h-t was very profound. I'm not talking about just a simple hunch or intuition. I have these too. And these may or may not be accurate. I'm talking about an overwhelmingly powerful intuition about an impending decision. I just k-n-e-w how it was going to go down.

I've only had a few handful of these kind of profound intuitive experiences... and I've never been wrong even once. (Well we're still waiting on my most recent one to see how it shakes out so we'll see if my perfect record holds up.)

For example, I remember thinking to myself (I couldn't have been older than 11), "My parents are going to buy THAT lot. They are going to choose to build a house rather than buy an existing house." At that time, my parents were in constant disagreement about the way to proceed and I spent more afternoons than I care to remember in the back seat of realtors' cars. My parents had no idea how they were going to proceed at that moment. But I knew. I even remember telling my mother my thoughts on the matter. She corrected me and told me that she had just ruled out building a house. My parents, then closed on the lot I predicted they would buy within the next 30 days.

I didn't even know how I knew what I knew. I just did. If I didn't know better, I'd say it felt almost like a portentous vision. But since I am grounded in the empirical world, my money is on me subconsciously picking up cues given by my parents and coupling these with what I knew of their behavior. In other words, my ENFP-ness was damn accurate at putting all the puzzle pieces together.

I think a really important thing about seeing these people patterns for ENFPs is that the process of assembling the puzzle pieces in our heads is non-conscious. In other words, I do it without even trying. And, I'm not always aware that I'm even doing it. I think this gives it an almost prescient feel sometimes.

I can't help but recalling the words of one ENFP profile which said that we were "damn near psychic." I laughed uncomfortably when I read this. I was uncomfortable because even though I don't believe in a 6th sense, I could not deny the veracity of this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Question for ENFPs : How many tabs do you usually have open in your browser at the same time?
    on average 20, why ? yoU?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    noob. i got 38 atm and usually about +/-10 to that

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    noob. i got 38 atm and usually about +/-10 to that
    I gotta get myself a better computer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Heh, currently 2 but at most 4 or 5
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I've a question for all of you ENFPs, here.

There are a lot of responses indicating how predictive your pattern-spotting is, that you just know what is true and isn't, especially with respect to people and motivations.

How would you distinguish this Ne-Fi behavior from Ni-Fe behavior? How are the predictions and observations different?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

outside in vs inside out ?? wait...does that make sense?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Exactly!! How does all of this differe from Ni or even Si predictions. I don't get it lol

and yes the outside in-inside out makes sense but how does this look in action? I mean wouldn't Ni doms have to gather something from the external world? No matter if you're introverted or not you're still living in an outside world