User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP & Patterns

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yep yep...i have always felt like i would make a good mediator or marriage counselor because i think(sounds way arrogant i know) i understand where people are coming from easier than a lot of others...like i hear what someone is saying to someone else and i get the reason they're using the language and tone and mannerisms that they're using...i get what they're worried about and why and what kind of response they're looking for and then...i see the other persons response and do the same thing...and sometimes have to rephrase things so that it's in a language they understand and conveys what it's meant to...it seems like i was constantly doing that in my family...kinda weird
    Most definitely.

It's like when people are communicating, they really are only seeing one side (Their Side) and don't even bother to try and understand why someone is acting the way they are, or why someone views something they way they do.. this frustrates me haha, especially when dealing with my istj

Do you find it hard to be confrontational? I most certainly do, and I think it's because I know and understand where someone else is coming from, so I feel like there's no reason to confront the issue sometimes, ... bad, i know

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Yeah, it boggles my mind

Now, how does recalling this pattern of what you've seen before differ than Si?

(i just need clarification and more info)

Is it because it deals with people and not things? Is it because we can't recall the EXACT instance, but rather just a vague idea?
    No clue personally. I don't understand the theories or whatever much at all because I haven't studied them. I don't know what it is called, just what I do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Is it because we can't recall the EXACT instance, but rather just a vague idea?
    Oh, but to this, it is never recalling an exact instance. It is just kind of a knowledge of how to navigate though a particular interaction, like the mood/tone is familiar even if the person is not. Does that make any sense?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

like i hear what someone is saying to someone else and i get the reason they're using the language and tone and mannerisms that they're using...i get what they're worried about and why and what kind of response they're looking for and then...i see the other persons response and do the same thing...and sometimes have to rephrase things so that it's in a language they understand and conveys what it's meant to...it seems like i was constantly doing that in my family...kinda weird
    I am constantly doing this. Just today in fact. 2 coworkers talking back and forth about something very simple. To be honest, I got distracted and tuned them out for about 5 minutes (this was in a team meeting ). When I came back around I realized they were still talking about the same thing so I thought to myself "huh... why is there a debate here?" I paid attention for a minute or so and said basically "He is concerned about X, but you are telling him about Y." They were both like "Oh!" and then it was over and we moved on. And I went back to

lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Most definitely.

It's like when people are communicating, they really are only seeing one side (Their Side) and don't even bother to try and understand why someone is acting the way they are, or why someone views something they way they do.. this frustrates me haha, especially when dealing with my istj

Do you find it hard to be confrontational? I most certainly do, and I think it's because I know and understand where someone else is coming from, so I feel like there's no reason to confront the issue sometimes, ... bad, i know
    my confrontations tend to be more focused on them not seeing the full picture...regarding my view or someone elses.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

Limits of Ne
    Whenever we notice something, we ignore something else. I finally realized that my strong Ne (I'm like 100% N) while a gift in some circumstances, was a burden in others. For example, I have a hard time paying attention to details. Whenever I'm in a situation that I'm forced to do so, I'm frustrated... no matter how well I've learned to suck it up.

Gifts of Ne
    But Ne is a gift, too. I can tell you after a very short amount of time what makes someone tick. I can do the same for a culture or a religion or a philosophical faction. I focus my attention on people more than things. I observe discreet behaviors across time and geography and am able to put them together into a bigger operating theory.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons I find MBTI so fascinating. I'm constantly seeing the puzzle pieces fitting together per the theory. It's constant. And, at times overwhelming.
    SO TRUE! I'm an ENFP ACCOUNTING major and I LOVE it! Not only that, and I'm not trying to brag, but I'm the top student in my year for the Accounting major. I credit it to my Ne!! I found out I was an ENFP by taking the myers-brigg test in my Management class and learned we're super rare in the business world, especially the accounting major! Then I realized why I was so good at accounting compared to everyone else.. it's because they were Ss, Ts and/or NJs, whereas ENFPs are rare in the business major. I easily can understand the concepts behind the accounting principles while everyone else in my classes try to memorize the rules instead of understand them. I make parallels between accounting and my life, which makes me so passionate about accounting. On tests, it doesn't matter if I've never seen a problem or situation before in the book or a real life example. I understand what the whole purpose of accounting is, and have spent a lot of time studying the framework, which most people skip over (but it's so logical!). From there I reasonably can figure out what to do.

For example, I literally was giggling in my Cost Accounting class when the professor was talking about using Theoretical Capacity while creating a budget. Theoretical Capacity is "idealistic capacity", basically the amount manufactured if everything were to go perfect and there were no breakdowns, sick days, waste, etc. I related this quickly to how I view life!! I'm such an idealist! Then the professor talked about how it's bad to use theoretical capacity b/c it's not realistic! (Literally I was getting so happy at this point during the lecture b/c I saw where it was leading). The professor then continued to say if you base everything on theoretical capacity, but in reality you manufacture less (because nothing is ever perfect), then the company would have to raise their selling price, and demand would decrease... and it was called the Downward Spiral Theory. At this point I couldn't help but smile and laugh b/c this is exactly how I saw myself and this is why I love accounting. It keeps me grounded and focused. Whenever I wonder off to "what ifs"... it pulls me back to reality.

I'm also know, due to Ne, that my biggest weakness is my lack of attention to details, which is such an important Account personality trait. But I'm extremely aware of it!! I'm ALWAYS the last one done on exams because I always go slow to make sure all the numbers are correct. But I'm also ALWAYS the person who has the high score. The only reason I've missed points on tests is NOT b/c I didn't understand or know what to do, it's always been b/c I copied the number wrong, or added an extra decimal by accident. And if anyone else has taken/is taking an accounting class, you know one TINY mistake has HUGE consequences in the accounting numbers. I relate this to my life and my past mistakes. It's never been my intentions that were wrong, it was WHAT I did, not WHY. We live in a world of S's and most think in the terms of "it is what it is" so they never ask why. I didn't understand that, and never realized I never took accountability for my actions (paralleled to accounting numbers).

Basically accounting is realistic, organized, logical, a detailed step-by-step approach, rule based and a safe career choice.... in every shape and form, 100% everything I'm not. All of this is why I love it! I feel like I'm becoming such a more well-rounded person and I just LOVE ACCOUNTING! This is all due to me seeing patterns in accounting and paralleling them to patterns in my own behavior in life.
    Last edited by mangos123; 06-12-2010 at 05:17 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I am constantly doing this. Just today in fact. 2 coworkers talking back and forth about something very simple. To be honest, I got distracted and tuned them out for about 5 minutes (this was in a team meeting ). When I came back around I realized they were still talking about the same thing so I thought to myself "huh... why is there a debate here?" I paid attention for a minute or so and said basically "He is concerned about X, but you are telling him about Y." They were both like "Oh!" and then it was over and we moved on. And I went back to

lol
    right exactly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't want to come off like I think I have a superpower of people skills or something, these are just general type of things that seem to stand out about me as an odd-ball in a company that is like 80% SJ. These are the things I notice about myself that seem way different than my coworkers.

These things I am talking about I think they all fit kind of the same general talent/skill. I'm still not sure if they are the pattern thing or not though. Honestly, it is like what 2XtremeENFP said, it is hard to understand why others don't just naturally do these things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i know it's just the way you process information. it's not done on purpose but you don't just hear words you connect them to so many other things that you have learned or experienced at the same time so the picture you see is more defined than someone just hearing the words and applying them to what is right in front of them....and sometimes it can be completely off base...as in false intuition...
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

yeah i know it's just the way you process information. it's not done on purpose but you don't just hear words you connect them to so many other things that you have learned or experienced at the same time so the picture you see is more defined than someone just hearing the words and applying them to what is right in front of them....and sometimes it can be completely off base...as in false intuition...
    Yep, definitely. It isn't always accurate.