User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: ENFP & Patterns

  1. #11
    Uniqueorn William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Question for ENFPs : How many tabs do you usually have open in your browser at the same time?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

    appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

    I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

    The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

  2. #12
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Question for ENFPs : How many tabs do you usually have open in your browser at the same time?
    right now just 5 haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #13
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I think SillySapienne is right. This is one of the major strengths of my personality. And, it is a VERY strong thing in me.

    I've always noticed visual patterns, even as a little girl. And, perhaps this is why I love the visual arts so much.

    But most of the patterns I observe are in people's behavior. In fact, this ability is so strong within me it's sometimes a burden because I feel like I can't turn it off. At times I get sick of it.

    Limits of Ne
    Whenever we notice something, we ignore something else. I finally realized that my strong Ne (I'm like 100% N) while a gift in some circumstances, was a burden in others. For example, I have a hard time paying attention to details. Whenever I'm in a situation that I'm forced to do so, I'm frustrated... no matter how well I've learned to suck it up.

    Gifts of Ne
    But Ne is a gift, too. I can tell you after a very short amount of time what makes someone tick. I can do the same for a culture or a religion or a philosophical faction. I focus my attention on people more than things. I observe discreet behaviors across time and geography and am able to put them together into a bigger operating theory.

    Perhaps this is one of the reasons I find MBTI so fascinating. I'm constantly seeing the puzzle pieces fitting together per the theory. It's constant. And, at times overwhelming.
    totally...exactly...i believe this is what makes us so nonjudgmental. we put all the pieces together and intimately understand why someone made the choices they made with the experiences they had.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #14
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I have never really thought about it much but I suppose I am strong with the patterns too. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, when I was younger I was constantly drawing patterns. I would spend all of study hall drawing full page patterns that were really useless but just kept my mind entertained.

    With interconnected systems I see patterns quickly, sometimes I can't explain them. I'll know if something is going to succeed or fail because I have drawn a parallel with something else and I don't even realize what it is sometimes. I'll "not be feeling good about this one" but I don't know why and I have to sit around and humor everyone else who has to see it to believe it. Left on my own I'm a great troubleshooter but in a group I'm not convincing enough to get people to drop it and move on based on my intuition.

    However, I have never thought about this much in relation to human behavior. I'm sure I do it but I've never consciously thought about it. What does this feel like? As others have mentioned I have a great intuition about people in general and I can pick up their motivations, desires, feelings easily, but I have never thought about this in relations to patterns. It is probably another case where I am doing it on auto pilot I guess. I'm not sure?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    I see patterns in people in how they behave and respond to a situation. If I imagine having a conversation with them, I am usually dead-on or I see a couple of scenarios of how it'd go and one of them would be right, almost word by word. One time, I had a little 'dream' of reading a message from this guy. A month or so later, I actually get the message from this guy and I was sooo accurate it was freaky. This has happened more than once. Sometimes I'm like, did we have this conversation before?

  6. #16
    Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    950

    Default

    It took me a while to fully articulate my ability to see patterns in people's behaviors.

    Perhaps I first noticed that I was interested in literature and history in K-12 school. Then in college, I discovered psychology, comparative religion, philosophy, sociology, and political economy.

    But what really helped me see this part of myself was Jungian Typology. I think that learning the theory behind MBTI helped me better articulate my predisposition to seeing patterns in human behavior. I'd had this tendency my whole life, but I had to learn to see it. And, I had to learn to talk about it.

  7. #17
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I think SillySapienne is right. This is one of the major strengths of my personality. And, it is a VERY strong thing in me.

    I've always noticed visual patterns, even as a little girl. And, perhaps this is why I love the visual arts so much.

    But most of the patterns I observe are in people's behavior. In fact, this ability is so strong within me it's sometimes a burden because I feel like I can't turn it off. At times I get sick of it.

    Limits of Ne
    Whenever we notice something, we ignore something else. I finally realized that my strong Ne (I'm like 100% N) while a gift in some circumstances, was a burden in others. For example, I have a hard time paying attention to details. Whenever I'm in a situation that I'm forced to do so, I'm frustrated... no matter how well I've learned to suck it up.

    Gifts of Ne
    But Ne is a gift, too. I can tell you after a very short amount of time what makes someone tick. I can do the same for a culture or a religion or a philosophical faction. I focus my attention on people more than things. I observe discreet behaviors across time and geography and am able to put them together into a bigger operating theory.

    Perhaps this is one of the reasons I find MBTI so fascinating. I'm constantly seeing the puzzle pieces fitting together per the theory. It's constant. And, at times overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    totally...exactly...i believe this is what makes us so nonjudgmental. we put all the pieces together and intimately understand why someone made the choices they made with the experiences they had.
    I can relate to all of this, all of this and everything that anyone else has said, so is this the patterns? I guess I just kinda thought when I did this stuff in my mind it was just that I "knew" or "understood" someone well so that's why I was intune with it. I kinda just knew when things would turn out a way, or know how to communicate to someone because of how I've seen them act in the past to certain events (related or somewhat related).

    To me, I don't understand how all types of people don't do this, I mean, we all live with people and see them in every day situations, why can't everyone learn how to adapt and guesstimate how someone is going to act...?

  8. #18
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I kinda just knew when things would turn out a way, or know how to communicate to someone because of how I've seen them act in the past to certain events (related or somewhat related).

    To me, I don't understand how all types of people don't do this, I mean, we all live with people and see them in every day situations, why can't everyone learn how to adapt and guesstimate how someone is going to act...?
    I am with you. It amazes me how much different it is for me versus what I see from coworkers and stuff. Like, conflicts at work, it can be something that half the team has been struggling with for months, I can call and talk to whoever they are conflicting with and usually have the whole thing smoothed out and everyone happy within a couple of minutes.

    And I get MUCH better customer service from most businesses than my wife (ESTJ) does. I think it has to be because I understand who I am talking to and I recognize how they will respond to certain things even if I've never met them before. They loosely fit a general pattern that I've seen before.

  9. #19
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    yep yep...i have always felt like i would make a good mediator or marriage counselor because i think(sounds way arrogant i know) i understand where people are coming from easier than a lot of others...like i hear what someone is saying to someone else and i get the reason they're using the language and tone and mannerisms that they're using...i get what they're worried about and why and what kind of response they're looking for and then...i see the other persons response and do the same thing...and sometimes have to rephrase things so that it's in a language they understand and conveys what it's meant to...it seems like i was constantly doing that in my family...kinda weird
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #20
    Senior Member 2XtremeENFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Yeah, it boggles my mind

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    And I get MUCH better customer service from most businesses than my wife (ESTJ) does. I think it has to be because I understand who I am talking to and I recognize how they will respond to certain things even if I've never met them before. They loosely fit a general pattern that I've seen before.

    Now, how does recalling this pattern of what you've seen before differ than Si?

    (i just need clarification and more info)

    Is it because it deals with people and not things? Is it because we can't recall the EXACT instance, but rather just a vague idea?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP's are PARANOID! Hahahaha...um...
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:33 AM
  3. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  4. [ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP
    By arcticangel02 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:19 AM
  5. [ENFP] The ENFP Paradox
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO