User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFs: how important is the 'right' city/country for you?

This is a great topic. I'm an INFJ and I love to live abroad - and have done so since age 16. I have lived in three countries and now two cities on the West Coast. I realize that really anywhere could be home, but I also realize that I'm searching for the ideal location. And while I could give you qualities about that ideal location, I'm not sure how long it would stay ideal. I will move to whatever/wherever I need to move to in order to feel like I'm in my ideal environment. I love the newness of new places - yet in a slight paradox, once I'm in a certain place, I love to create a ritual...a pattern, a routine. I think certain cities are much more attuned to NFs...or perhaps that there are a larger number of NFs living in certain cities, which makes it feel better - easier to connect with other people (friends + strangers)...or simply more comfortable to walk around on the street.

9w1 sx/so

i have a great want to find and live in my ideal city and will always feel a sense of restlessness about it until i do i'm afraid.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have a great want to find and live in my ideal city and will always feel a sense of restlessness about it until i do i'm afraid.
    I have a feeling nothing ever cures that "sense of restlessness"; I've seen a lot of MBTI tests that equated restlessness with "N" (which is funny - I would have guessed "P"). I have that feeling also, and I used to think that "running away" to some other, "better" place would be the solution, but I have a feeing that once you get there your realize that it is not what you idealized. "The grass is always greener" basically....

On the other hand, I think that it is reasonable to see a different location as more suited to your personality & goals, but you cannot expect it to be the solution to your life's problems.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    if you've ever feeling 'stuck' in your life, is it also quite possible that it's because you're living in the wrong place (ie: city/country)?
    It's normally the other way around for me. I still seem to kid myself that by moving somewhere new, I'll miraculously stop feeling lost.

In saying that, I like moving around the place regardless. I don't like staying in the same place for too long. When I finish with uni I'd love to float around the place in a caravan or one of those house truckie thingies, somehow making enough money to get by on. Though if I ever decide to settle for a place, I hope it would be somewhere high in the mountains with forests and rivers and snow, where i can scream f*** on the top of my lungs and have no one hear me... dunno know where that is though LOL, but hey, i can still dream

To be able to feel at home somewhere has always been something I have saught. While growing up and having to move around alot, even from country to country, I think I got so used to moving that it just was a given, but not really ever something I was "ok" with.

Where I am now, is great though. I'm surrounded by forrests, pastures, horses and acreages. Springtime starts here in April, and the climate is so mild. Hardly any snow if at all, and summers are beautiful.

During visits to Italy (where my family's from), I know I left part of my heart there whenever I stepped off the plane in Rome, and smelled the Cammomile flowers in the air. Probably for me, in many ways, Italy feels like home, but where i am now is completely satisfactory and acceptable.
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.