User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    About a year ago, there was this movie that made me want to cry, and it inspired me to pack up everything I own and move to Germany. Now I'm flat-out broke and jobless, and I don't know what I'm going to do next. Don't be like me. Don't make decisions based on feelings.
    In the long run.. when you look back .. I am willing to bet you are going to think this was one of the best decisions you ever made.

A window to the soul

I usually make good decisions. I can make bad emotional-based decisions under stress. I trust my instincts; my instincts rarely fail me.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    In the long run.. when you look back .. I am willing to bet you are going to think this was one of the best decisions you ever made.
    also: I'm really, really fat because I felt like eating a tub of ice cream every day (I made the same emotionally-charged decision daily)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

i have found myself a INTJ who helps me decide what is good or bad, because i simply cannot say no if people give me the big fat lie with crying and stuff.. i fall for it every time. Naive? yes...
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

also: I'm really, really fat because I felt like eating a tub of ice cream every day (I made the same emotionally-charged decision daily)
    I am not sure if you now not being serious. But if you are.. You can always decide to eat well and exercise.
    The worst obstacles of all are the self imposed ones.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

my theory (and since it's a theory, i could be DEAD wrong) is that NFs are not very good at making big decisions about careers/relationships/other stuff. I know that ENFPs, especially, are prone to doing something that seemed so right at the time, only to see reality crush their fantasies later.

I myself ran away from home at 17 and nearly starved to death because i had no money/job. By complete chance, I met a friend in the city I was in, and I stayed at his place until my parents came to pick me up. Man, talk about making mistakes! At the time, all I wanted to do was live on my own, away from my parents...sort of like my moniker, Robinson Crusoe. It's events like that that make me question my decision-making process.
    People all make mistakes, some tiny, some life and death. But, what kind of a person continuously makes bad decisions? Making mistakes and taking risk is a part of life. I admire people who accomplish what they want by brain or by heart against enormous odds. If they fail, they keep going. This topic seems to imply NFs continuously make wrong decisions.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    But, what kind of a person continuously makes bad decisions?
    That's an easy one..... people with high sociopathic tendencies and sociopaths.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
    Because NFs tend to make decisions based on emotions
    this.

sure i may have acted on a whim many many times in my life.
    do i think ive always made the best choices? hecks nah.
    do i necessarily regret any of it? hecks nah.
    there is just something about following your heart that logic and reason cannot fulfill.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sounds more like a personal thing than a NF thing, my INFJ sis is a sound and grounded decision maker, she is influenced by her F in her decisions but not usually at the expense of common sense and logic.
    This is correct. She and I sound a lot alike, at least in making decisions.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I knew an NT who made similar emotionally charged decisions when it came to eating....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe