User Tag List

First 123 Last

i work in a not-for-profit organization as well . . . but have had many many many jobs in "for" profit companies . . . and now i can sleep a little better at night . . . it's true . . . & yes i am an enfp

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I work for a non profit and the pay is great compared to the for profit jobs I've had.
    Whaaaa?

LOL, can you give examples and where do you work now?

To the OP: *YES* ENFPs make up a significant portion of the non-profit etc. world. Impassioned, ENFPs get a LOT done and fit well in a collaborative, principle/vision based organization.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I work for a children's medical charity and love it! I will always work for a NPO. If you work hard and long enough with a larger NPO you can make a decent living. Right now I don't make much money but after I go to grad school for international development I expect to rejoin the same or another NPO as a manager and do OK. You will never be rich monetarily speaking but you will be in every other way imaginable.. Helping people everyday is so fulfilling and my co-workers are amazing. It's nice to surround yourself with compassionate kind hearted people all day long.. it doesn't feel like work at all. Do what you love and you will never work another day of your life
    What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Whaaaa?

LOL, can you give examples and where do you work now?
    I work in the electric utility industry for a Regional Transmission Organization: Regional transmission organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We control and monitor transmission of electricity across 9 states in the eastern interconnection. We don't actually make or sell electricity or anything like that, our primary job is to ensure that the electric grid is reliable. It goes into much more detail on that wikipedia page but the mission is basically "to keep the lights on."

I love it. It feels good knowing that there is a useful purpose for my work and that my company is not chasing profits.

I used to work for a data services (specifically customer data integration) company and I hated it. The specific work was fun as long as I could ignore the big picture. I got really depressed thinking that the worst thing that would happen if I didn't get my job done is that someone wouldn't get a credit card offer in the mail that month. I hated it.

When I left it was a slight increase in salary but since I've been gone the other company I worked for has had 2 layoffs and a 3% pay cut for those that are left. In that same time I've had at least one raise and 2 bonuses. The old company would routinely lay people off nearing the end of a quarter or year to make EOQ or EOY profits look better and pump up the stock price.

And I'm much, much happier, even though the specifics of the job aren't all that different.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I would love to do non-profit work. Because of my health, the best I've been able to do is support organizations with money and awareness, but in my dreams, I'm always on a flight with Doctors Without Borders. lol Actually, Domino and I have been brainstorming with several people who work in the health/medical field to benefit the disabled/ mental illness sector.

Way to go ENFP's! We're so awesome.

MBTI
    INTP

Do you have to speak Arabic? I would love to work with a non-profit organization, but

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    Sounds fun, but I don't think I'd be of any help, I make a pretty terrible employee.
    This.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I also work for a non-profit and I love it. I work in food safety. It's not as personally rewarding as I would like. But the pay is ok, the benefits are good, and we directly improve the quality of life for many hungry families in the area. I think if I ever went anywhere else it would have to be another non-profit, or somewhere I can make difference.

INFP 4w5 sp/so
    IEI

"At government, you think you're clever: You govern beasts — but humans
    never." - Estienne de La Boetie

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Othon View Post
    Do you have to speak Arabic? I would love to work with a non-profit organization, but

This.
    For the most part. Im not fluent yet but I have a pretty good working knowledge. We are sometimes lucky enough to get translators though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I plan on working non-profit as a career. I know it won't make big bucks, but that's not the point.

Probably humanitarian work/non-profit are the only sectors I truly see myself happy, growing in and branching out of, long-term.

I love it very much. Especially when my service is free. (That is I get paid through the government at least on an average salary wage where I will be able to afford to eat/basic necessities). Not askin for much, I hope.

Oh- and the people working in the field tend to be pretty genuinely happy-go-lucky, from what I observed so far. Right up my alley.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think that is one reasons a lot of people like it. People are usually GENUINE in that sector (you have to be or you'll burn out quickly). That is for me (and other ENFPs I know) one of the most important aspects of a person.
    Likes Noon liked this post