User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?

I have been keeping lists and notes to keep myself focused, practical, no-nonsense and goal-oriented.
    I am easily overwhelmed.
    I don't like to rely on my friends if I don't have to. I like to think I can take care of everything by myself. I value independence highly.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Sit back, reflect on the tasks that are important and urgent first, then urgent but not important, then important and not urgent, then finally not important and not urgent. After this, attack the tasks according to the priorities I've set to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I multitask in a big way because of the types of projects I am involved in so on occasion I do feel overwhelmed. When I do I find it necessary to do something by rote that only involves thinking and logic rather than any other faculty.

It could be doing multiple clueless crosswords and testing myself for speed or doing my not inconsiderable filing or playing MahJong.

If I feel overwhelmed because someone I love is at risk and I can't do anything about it, my underdeveloped, extroverted feeling comes into play and I hate that. I prefer to present a controlled face to the world and have exceptionally measured, analytical and dispassionate crisis management skills otherwise.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown