User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I've checked all except drinking because my folks won't let me have any. ...they know I'll become an official alcoholic.

Oh and I'd be promiscuous if I didn't have such negative feelings towards people right now.
    Drinking will unlock your super powers

I'm actually fairly good at controlling my drinking but I'm lucky that I avoided most addictive things since I'd be a chain-smoking heroin-shooting histrionic fucked up enfp instead of a "mostly straight-edge with the occasional alcohol fueled rant anger fest" fucked up enfp.

My girlfriend is dragging me to one of her therapy sessions and I'm already convinced she has an ulterior motive...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Drinking will unlock your super powers

I'm actually fairly good at controlling my drinking but I'm lucky that I avoided most addictive things since I'd be a chain-smoking heroin-shooting histrionic fucked up enfp instead of a "mostly straight-edge with the occasional alcohol fueled rant anger fest" fucked up enfp.

My girlfriend is dragging me to one of her therapy sessions and I'm already convinced she has an ulterior motive...
    Therapy is socially legal ranting and raving with a helper. I wish I could get more therapy.

I was considering a straight edge lifestyle but I'm an unrepentant heathen deep down. I just haven't had much extra cash or the right connections to get. ..things.
    Experimentation will occur. ...it will be a trainwreck but I will be on a cloud.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

The straightedge lifestyle is kind of stupid. At least the people I ran into who were hard core straightedge were the most annoying self-righteous people I've met.

Moderation is really key, of course, that in of itself is hard as hell to do.

My stint with being straightedge happened because I had a lot of friends end up in pine boxes. It took me a long time before I'd even chance having a beer, that's not a good way to live just like being drug addled and out of it constantly isn't a good way either.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    The straightedge lifestyle is kind of stupid. At least the people I ran into who were hard core straightedge were the most annoying self-righteous people I've met.

Moderation is really key, of course, that in of itself is hard as hell to do.
    I think that annoying self-righteousness comes from extremism in general, rather than just straightedge. I am annoyed by militancy in points of view in general-- religious, vegan, whatever-- and all of them come off as self-righteous to me.

Anyhow, I'll go back to lurking now. I'm definitely not an ENFP, healthy or not, but I have recently dated one and am lurking to try to understand him better.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I should have said that straight edgers are the WORST kind of self righteous asshole that I've run into (though a lot tend to be vegan and/or religious too so it may just be an overdoes of self-righteous)

Hipsters are probably still worse, but I'm convinced hipsters are actually some kind of alien that is trying to assimilate into human society and failing miserably.

MBTI
    eNFP

I'd just like to say that Xellotath on the first page of this thread embodied pretty much everything that I do when I'm in an extended isolated rut; and put it into words better than I ever could have.
    Assuming you're a male, brohug

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    psychological rapists.... they prod into parts of your psyche that you'd rather not deal with for FUN... they are purely EVIL :steam:
    Yep