User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Ugh. All. The. Time. i think it's less that i doubt what's happening inside me and more that i doubt my ability to present a clear, understandable version of this process to the rest of the world.

The worst is in the classroom; in my field of study we talk a LOT of theory, something i've always been great at. i know my ideas are thoughtful and would add a lot to the discussion, but in class i find myself doubting my ability to communicate these inner musings to the rest of the class. it's sooooo annoying because usually i will think of something, try and organize my thoughts, write it out so i have a reference....and before i know it the professor or someone else in the class has said exactly what it took me 5 min. to put into a coherent sentence.

My extroversion is rather well developed, i just find that there's SO much swimming around in my head it takes me a long time to catch up with all of it and cut out all the rambling bits. my writing skills tend to be much better, but even still have problems organizing my thoughts for others to understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I have much problems with self doubt as well, in many areas.

At school, although I often knew answers (more often than most, also the difficult ones no one knew sometimes), I never by myself participated actively in the lessons. I always had some passive fear that what I will say somehow will be bad. That is bad because my ratio knows very well that I am not stupid, that I was maybe more intelligent than most at school, which was also recognized by many teachers in my written work. Also some teachers very often just gave the question to me although I didn't give a sign that I wanted to speak, and so I had to answer much and mostly it was right. But still I never were able to just get over it.

The same it was with social relationships, though that developed later. I had serious doubts whether I am actually accepted or liked by the people I hang around with at school, and so always kept some distance. Again my ratio is rather sure that I behave stupid, but my doubts were too great. But there I have to say that I had not only one bad experience with people who I thought were my friends, which turned out different and which hurt me.

The problem with the latter is, when I keep that distance all the time people actually really start to think.

I doubt myself when I get too introspective. When I just do something, it usually works out surprisingly well, or I just figure out how to deal with obstacles as I go along. I don't know if I am INFP or not though.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexMind View Post
    I was wondering if it is a common trait for an INFP to doubt him/herself. I feel like I have so much potential but I always find myself rationalizing out of a dream, or an idea. It's always, I'm not extroverted enough, I don't have the tenacity to follow through with it, or I'm just not organized enough or a myriad of things. Do any other INFPs experience this self-deprecating behavior?
    Only always.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Yes, though I work really hard to slam these to the back of my mind because it could easily turn into self pity, and then it gets really ugly.
    I tend to use it instead as a positive to spur on others, instead of thinking 'I'm not good enough at this', I tend to see potential in others and think, 'Oh my, ____, do you know how good at that you are?' The beauty in others, as in any human, is a wonderful thing.
    I mean, what if they were having the same doubts about themselves, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I doubt myself when I get too introspective. When I just do something, it usually works out surprisingly well, or I just figure out how to deal with obstacles as I go along. I don't know if I am INFP or not though.
    Or when I make a serious error in judgment...

MBTI
    INFP

Self doubt is one of my defining characteristics. It has often been a stumbling block, but it has also been a good filter for which creative projects to pursue and leads me to higher standards in the execution thereof. I pity people who don't have any self doubt. What a narrow existence that must be. As long as you don't let self-doubt cripple you into complete inaction, it can be an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I pity people who don't have any self doubt. What a narrow existence that must be.
    Those are some pretty strong words. Do you believe absence of self doubt is incompatible with depth of experience?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Yes, - Something that holds me back from accomplishing some things that I really want to do, and after I can't do it anymore, I remind my self that there's a difference between what I want, and what I need, just to cheer myself up, but there's still that sinking feeling.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Like yes, but of course this would change when I am confident and apparently I am today. Who would of thought. Self doubt is perhaps something that we are utilizing as part of the insecurity drive when those that are closest to us undermine our being. In that respect being INFP living in a predominantly opposite society to ours the reflection would be inward after all and the self doubt would take effect long past the psyche of our minds to reflect those energies that influence us most. its like a parallel junction and the thoughts are scrambled as such and then those self doubting images acrimoniously bounce back towards us, the energies that shouldn't but do, because we think we are then somehow misrepresented as the entities that we are meant to be. And you know what that is a shame because we are incredible just the way we are and we hardly realise that until later in our life when maturation happens. for each of use there are different states that need exist and feel like we are finally discarding those sub states that inhibit us from ourselves and finally trust who we are as people and go forth and be great without the self doubt.