User Tag List

View Poll Results: All is fair in love and war?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

7 18.42%
  • Disagree

31 81.58%
First 234

MBTI
    ENFP

all is fair in love and war - but I dig chivalry.

MBTI
    GONE

You had to take it there, huh?

Well, let me say then that since warfare has the Geneva Convention - there ARE rules. Supposedly. That most countries have agreed to bound by... And I think the idea of 'no rules in war' could be a really horrific thing with thousands if not millions being affected.

But your individual war of love? Not so much. There aren't really "rules" about love the way there is about 'love'. Other than laws about divorce, bigamy, adultery, and age of consent.

Which is why I limited the love statement to 'single people' and I kinda assumed the single people were of the age of consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I agree with having no ill feelings towards other single people trying to cast their wide net, because then that would make me judgmental, and I only have my own actions to account for.

If other single people want to cast their wide net; then who am I to judge. But that doesn’t mean that I would necessarily behave in the same manner.

The place I live in is a warzone… it’s what people would refer to as “the hood”… So trust me.. I know about keeping wits and not expecting loyalty from strangers... But it seems like your only applying this saying to other people...What about your actions? If you agree with the saying, then that means that you yourself are willing to cast your wide net to everyone.

All = everybody….married, engaged etc....And All if fair = by any means necessary.. So you yourself then would do whatever it takes?
    Eesh, why you gotta make it all complicated??? LOL.

Again, my comments were thinking strictly about single people. But, even when I am in relationships, I know that there are others who do not respect relationships and have no qualms about flirting with and trying to steal my SO away from me.

And the gist of your question - yes - I hold people to the same standards and philosophy that I myself hold. Because, I get it.

I shouldn't have used the "wide net" analogy, bah, I realize it sounds like saying that all people are potential romantic partners...but the thing is...you should assume "everyone else" DOES think like this.

As for myself, nah, I stick to people who are either single and unattached or possibly in open relationships.
    Last edited by Patches; 10-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Why you gotta take it to the look CzeCze? Why you gotta take it to the look?

You had to take it there, huh?
    C'mon.... I had to.. even you admit your analogy was kinda questionable..

Eesh, why you gotta make it all complicated??? LOL.
    Or......Eesh, why you gotta try and over simplify something that just might be a lil complicated..

Again, my comments were thinking strictly about single people. But, even when I am in relationships, I know that there are others who do not respect relationships and have no qualms about flirting with and trying to steal my SO away from me.
    okay.... fair enough..

I shouldn't have used the "wide net" analogy, bah, I realize it sounds like saying that all people are potential romantic partners...but the thing is...you should assume "everyone else" DOES think like this.
    As for myself, nah, I stick to people who are either single and unattached or possibly in open relationships.
    Okay... now your making your perspective clearer... I was mainly applying the saying to myself and how an individual would personally act.. you're applying differently, but I see where your coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    CzeCze, I'm with you, PREACH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, someone laid back up in here, HIGH ON 'P', that I can actually understand!!!

Not complicated people, not complicated!
    Why do you keep acting like everyone that's not agreeing with you is wrong or something?

People do have other opinions ya know... it's not like there's a right or wrong answer here.