User Tag List

View Poll Results: All is fair in love and war?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    7 18.42%
  • Disagree

    31 81.58%
First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

  1. #21
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    No.

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefaT6cGmtE"]This is why.[/YOUTUBE]

  2. #22
    in-game Gamine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Maybe it's the shameless romantic in me, but I think love is worth fighting for. As long as you are willing to deal with the consequences, why not?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

  3. #23
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Well, if you have rules and don't follow them, that's cheating and cheating is not fair.

    On the other hand... No rules = do whatever you want.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  4. #24
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well THEY said yes because they were both being underhanded about their whole date thing...but normal people i would assume disagree
    true…true.. they were being underhanded…. But in that particular scene it seemed like a real moment though.. don’t you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Dear "love and war" Overanalyzers & Disagreers:
    um, WTHeck? It's just a simple expression with simple meaning. Here ya go... Most of you missed the point.
    Oh I’m chillin… I just heard this expression a lot recently and found it stupid.. that’s why I brought it up.

    And I’m not overanalyzing.. In fact IRL I’ve never even felt love nor do I think I ever will… I have extremely high sociopathic tendencies for an ENFJ and that is one emotion I’ve actually been void of.

    As far as my comment to you before.. I was merely pointing out the fact that it seemed like you were being inconsistent.. First you agree… then you make an exception to the rule.. then you remove the exception and agree again..

    But if everyone’s missing the point…. Please do enlighten us.


    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    On the other hand... No rules = do whatever you want.
    Is this the motto that you live by or do you just talk the talk?

  5. #25
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Is this the motto that you live by or do you just talk the talk?
    What's it matter to you?
    Last edited by Patches; 10-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  6. #26
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    What's it matter to you?
    Just a question, didn’t mean to word it so harshly, mistake on my part. My apologies kind sir...

    I think you bring up a good point actually..

  7. #27
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    I disagree. I will get my man the honorable way. I will not hurt somebody else because I want him for myself. If I really loved him, I wouldn't put him in a situation where he'd have to hurt someone to be with me, or where I'd hurt someone just to be with him.

    If I like a guy and I find that another girl likes him too, I will back down so she can have that chance. If this guy really wanted me, he'd pursue me, I wouldn't have to fight for his attention or compete with another girl. I don't play those kind of games because someone always gets hurt. I can't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  8. #28
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Just a question, didn’t mean to word it so harshly, mistake on my part. My apologies kind sir...

    I think you bring up a good point actually..
    I was trying to make mine look like I was a badass... It were a joke...

    Hmm, well, I guess I live like that.
    Last edited by Patches; 10-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  9. #29
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    I agreed because I think this statement is really supposed to only apply to "love". It's a comparison to show how brutal love and courtship are.

    I believe in the statement the same way I understand and believe in the concept of being an "ethical slut".

    When people are single, everyone is pretty much free game. That's why you also have to keep your wits about you and not expect loyalty from strangers. For the most part, I have no hard feelings towards the other single ladies trying to cast their nets wide.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  10. #30
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I agreed because I think this statement is really supposed to only apply to "love". It's a comparison to show how brutal love and courtship are.
    Not according to the definitions I’ve read:

    Cultural Dictionary:
    People in love and soldiers in wartime are not bound by the rules of fair play.
    The proverb has been traced back to John Lyly's 'Euphues' (1578).

    ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR -- The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war.

    Cf. [1578 Lyly Euphues I. 236] Anye impietie may lawfully be committed in loue, which is lawlesse.

    In love and war, every stratagem is fair, they say.
    [1845 G. P. R. James Smuggler II. iv.]
    Idiom Definitions for 'All's fair in love and war'

    This idiom is used to say that where there is conflict, people can be expected to behave in a more vicious way.

    The cliché implies that people can suspend the law or the rules in special circumstances.
    Proverb
    unpleasant behavior is acceptable during love and conflict.
    Anything goes, by whatever means, nothing is out of bounds.

    Behavior that is unpleasant or not fair is acceptable during an argument or competition.

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    When people are single, everyone is pretty much free game. That's why you also have to keep your wits about you and not expect loyalty from strangers. For the most part, I have no hard feelings towards the other single ladies trying to cast their nets wide.
    I agree with having no ill feelings towards other single people trying to cast their wide net, because then that would make me judgmental, and I only have my own actions to account for.

    If other single people want to cast their wide net; then who am I to judge. But that doesn’t mean that I would necessarily behave in the same manner.

    The place I live in is a warzone… it’s what people would refer to as “the hood”… So trust me.. I know about keeping wits and not expecting loyalty from strangers... But it seems like your only applying this saying to other people...What about your actions? If you agree with the saying, then that means that you yourself are willing to cast your wide net to everyone.

    All = everybody….married, engaged etc....And All if fair = by any means necessary.. So you yourself then would do whatever it takes?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    yesss!!! CzeCze gets it, 100% right on!
    I understand a lot better where you’re coming from now.

Similar Threads

  1. Who is successful in America and Why?
    By Tellenbach in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 10:00 PM
  2. What type is most likely to fall in love?
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO