User Tag List

View Poll Results: All is fair in love and war?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

7 18.42%
  • Disagree

31 81.58%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Are you talking about How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days?

My answer is no. It irks me too.

Even though it may be 'true love', there are still basic human integrity - like don't sleep with my wife because you are my best friend, yes, you may be in love with her, but that's not the way to go, yes, you are imperfect, you are human, but it's called self-control and there are moral boundaries, such as not killing each other. Not to say that you shouldn't tell your best friend's wife you love her, but 'tell' her, don't sleep with her.

Nope, love is many things but it's not 'all is fair'.

War is not fair at all. No war in history was ever fair. People who had nothing whatsoever to do with the conflict ended up being killed and mutilated.

It's an idiotic saying.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    I dont agree with "the end justifies the means" I think that, like you said first is ok, if someone falls in love with someone while in a relationship it should be brought up and no of that sneaky shit. (I think that was what you where thrying to say at first, I am not really sure couldn't follow it very well. I suck, I know)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is one of those sayings that irks me - like the "what happens in ___, stays in ____".
    Exactly. As if moral transgressions are rendered acceptable when the temptation is greater.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    umm...very very tricky question tho. i don't think any lines should be crossed but i'm not much for rules either...
    Ya… I’m not much for rules either.. but I do stick to a strict code of certain ethics… Do you consider them the same? So in your case, how do you distinguish when a line is being crossed and when it isn’t if you’re not much for rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think if someone were seeing someone and met someone else with whom they fell in love with and then realized they needed to end their relationship in order to be free to pursue the other one without ever telling the new person how they felt...without promises or deciding only to end the relationship if the other was interested...then...i think that seems like the right thing...so in a sense i respect that they broke the rule of not being tempted because it's honest and unfair to the person they're in a relationship with to stay out of obligation instead of want.

does that make sense?
    It makes sense to me… but maybe we’re both just weirdos…

But the situation you’re describing though is coming from the perspective of the person already in the relationship.. I agree it’s the right thing to do to end a relationship that’s based on obligation more than want if you fell in love with someone else… But what about from the perspective of the person that’s desiring someone that’s in a relationship.. Do you think it’s the right thing for them to pursue?

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    not true-I dont value rules-
    When you say you don't value rules... What kind of rules are you referring to? Are you talking about rules like traffic laws or legal rules, school rules etc.? or are you talking about ethical rules like a persons morals? could you elaborate on the "I don't value rules" statement?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Ya… I’m not much for rules either.. but I do stick to a strict code of certain ethics… Do you consider them the same? So in your case, how do you distinguish when a line is being crossed and when it isn’t if you’re not much for rules?

It makes sense to me… but maybe we’re both just weirdos…

But the situation you’re describing though is coming from the perspective of the person already in the relationship.. I agree it’s the right thing to do to end a relationship that’s based on obligation more than want if you fell in love with someone else… But what about from the perspective of the person that’s desiring someone that’s in a relationship.. Do you think it’s the right thing for them to pursue?
    no no ethics and rules are not the same thing to me and yeah i was looking at the issue in much too broad of a way...i don't think it is at all ethical to pursue someone who is in a relationship or while in one yourself.
    Last edited by Patches; 10-05-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

War - I think all is fair.

Love - My first thought was that all is fair if it is really love and not just some stupid fling but most people probably don't even know if it is really love or not until way after the fair/unfair action would have taken place. But then I thought, even it it was love, would I think it is fair to kill someone over it if no one was in danger? I decided no.

So I guess I disagree.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think that this statement is coined by individuals that would potentially or have already engaged in behavior that hurt others and then totally absolve themselves of personal responsibility in the relationship areas of life.

So it's total bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is one of those sayings that irks me - like the "what happens in ___, stays in ____".
    Absolutely.. this statement annoys the hell out of me… I think it’s even worse than the All is fair…. Nonsense

I gotta jump on the phrase bandwagon here because you stated it so well…”It irks me too”

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Are you talking about How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days?
    Actually yeah…. I was…haha … you picked up on that from just that phrase?... .. that’s pretty good.. I just seen it for the first time the other day.. I thought it was pretty good. But then again my opinion might be biased because I'll probably like any movie that Kate Hudson is in.

But keep it on the down low though, I told all my homeys I was watching gangster movies all day… not romantic comedies…

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Not to say that you shouldn't tell your best friend's wife you love her, but 'tell' her, don't sleep with her
    Out of curiosity though….How do you think this would play out in IRL? Do you think it’s always a good idea to speak up or do you think that some things are better left unsaid?

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    I agree.
    Hey what happened… first I saw this statement alone… and then I saw parenthesis after it... and now the parenthesis are gone again….. Are you going back and forth perfectgirl?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well THEY said yes because they were both being underhanded about their whole date thing...but normal people i would assume disagree
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

This truly sounds like a phrase all of my psychotic exes have lived by.
    That's enough of a disagreement by me.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance