User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Sometimes my Ni ideas can get shot down like Duck Hunt when someone with dominant Si says "But I have more experience than you, and this is the method that works best." And then I think "So much for creative ingenuity!" Drives me crazy!

And don't get me started on sensotard moments either...

But one thing that helps is engaging the Te function, to show whether the stuff I hypothesize would work can actually be done.

I also read into people a bit much, especially if a deep emotional investment has to be made on someone, or has been made on them. But I think about what physical evidence there is in front of me that proves that they feel/think about something. Usually it's what they say, tone of voice/inflection, or how they behave that gives me clues. Ni can shoot off so many ideas all at once, but I do a lot of mental weeding. I often ask myself, "Is there evidence to support this claim?"
    See those are the types of things I base my opinions off of. I see now that i'm building my opinions of a sandy unstable foundation which could crumble at any second due to actual facts being known.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by RushAndAPush View Post
    See those are the types of things I base my opinions off of. I see now that i'm building my opinions of a sandy unstable foundation which could crumble at any second due to actual facts being known.
    The question is, do you feel comfortable with that possibility?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

The question is, do you feel comfortable with that possibility?
    If you mean the possibility of my foundation crumbling then no not at all. It seems quite scary actually.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

If you mean the possibility of my foundation crumbling then no not at all. It seems quite scary actually.
    I gathered that was your rationale why you felt Ni sucks. You wish for your ideas to be true. I know the feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

I gathered that was your rationale why you felt Ni sucks. You wish for your ideas to be true. I know the feeling.
    Ha ha i wish for my positive ideas to be true and my negative ideas to be false.I take it you've had your ideals uprooted before?(Sorry thats my Intuition taking hold again..Have you're ideals been uprooted before?) I need facts.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I make a point of uprooting, sifting through, and replanting my ideals on a regular basis.

Just kidding. I was sad that I didn't get my Hogwarts letter, too.

MBTI
    INFJ

Sorry guys great conversation but i'm very tired. It would be cool to continue talking tomorrow. Cya

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

This is what can make it tough, particularly for an INxJ type. Once the emotional investment is made in the structure it's very difficult not to keep looking only for external information which will help prop it up. Hence my earlier comment about possible confirmation bias.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

no, I love being an N. I can feel the pretentiousness flow through my veins and I am complete.

On a serious note, you can't have intuition without sensing, but you can have sensing without intuition. Luckily all humans can use both. This is why I value intuition (as in mbti terms). I also value sensing greatly, because it is the foundation for all N-activity.

Ni can shoot off so many ideas all at once, but I do a lot of mental weeding. I often ask myself, "Is there evidence to support this claim?"
    I have been wondering, which function is the reality-checker in an INFJ? Ti? I do this all the time, I have all this Ni ideas but then a little down-to-earth voice in my head says, "Is that really practical and really going to happen?", this logical voice pulls me back down to reality.