User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default NFJs talk to me about your J

How can a person be J without having a Te as one of his/her main functions ?

I mean it is obvious that the Fe has somehing to do with Jness in NFJ but I don't get it. Especially since my Fe is pretty badly developed.
    So I would like that someone explains to me the J aspect of NFJs.

Also I am wondering how high NFJs tend to score on Te on the function test that is going around ?

How does you J manifests itself in everyday life ?

I know the theory but I am interested how this works in practice.

The few SFJ we have here are free to join the show.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fe is connected with "behaving properly" -- and that in itself is pretty J, IMO...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Fe is connected with "behaving properly" -- and that in itself is pretty J, IMO...

What is so J about that ? (seriously I am not sure I get it)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think what extraverted judging functions (Te and Fe) have in common is their tendency to try to exert control over the environment. With Te, you judge things to be right based on tangible effects it has on the world. With Fe, you judge things to be right because they contribute to 'harmonious interactions/cohabitation'. To simplify this, with Fe, there is the 'right way' to be, to do things, because it's good for everyone. These rules, like Te rules, are universal, with tangible effects on the world. If you define J-ness as being neat, tidy, organized -- well, all Fe people would agree that being neat, tidy, organized is better for everyone, and they try to get everyone to be tidy and organized, because it has a positive effect on other people's lives.

Not sure if that answers the question or not. Maybe you could clarify your question a bit by defining what you mean by J-ness?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I think what extraverted judging functions (Te and Fe) have in common is their tendency to try to exert control over the environment. With Te, you judge things to be right based on tangible effects it has on the world. With Fe, you judge things to be right because they contribute to 'harmonious interactions/cohabitation'. To simplify this, with Fe, there is the 'right way' to be, to do things, because it's good for everyone. These rules, like Te rules, are universal, with tangible effects on the world. If you define J-ness as being neat, tidy, organized -- well, all Fe people would agree that being neat, tidy, organized is better for everyone, and they try to get everyone to be tidy and organized, because it has a positive effect on other people's lives.

Not sure if that answers the question or not. Maybe you could clarify your question a bit by defining what you mean by J-ness?

Yes, the problem is that I am obviously associating Jness (neat, tidy, organized) too closely with Te.

Ok but here is the question: How do you organize your life ? I mean by standard definition Fe simply serves as mechanism for accepting general social values / approaches.

In other words you understand that organizing is good but I am wondering how do you actually do it ? Especially if you are alone and you need to take care of yourself instead of someone else ? Do you use Te in that situations ?

Glycerine

Exert control over people matters: social pragmatism. Te is like that with impersonal variables/ criteria. For the record, my Te is horrid. With my Fe+Ni, I find organizing/categorizing THINGS to be a bore and get overwhelmed by it. People with Si+Fe or Fe+Si seem to have a much easier time with that, though. However, I am pretty good with coming up with people related solutions and planning for people.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I can't answer this with all of the fun function talk right now, but i find my J kicks in when i'm excited over anything that leads to a better social circumstance.
    I'll give examples:
    • NYC Meetup made me need to know, almost obsessively, who was going and a rough estimate of events/times and wanted to make little games
    • College acceptance made me plan out my schedule, definitely obsessively, for the next 2 years
    • Karaoke / Dance class make me need to be on time to the point where i get anxious and leave 10 minutes earlier
    • Etc

I get things done and move forward, but some things just fall by the wayside as they only affect me. I've needed to clean my room completely for about a year now and since it only affects me, i slack.
    BlackCat and Mad Hatter have spoken with me on aim/skype and a common lines from them are "Such a J" and "Go make a list"

As for a functions test- in February i rocked out with a 43 Fe and a 20 Te. The only one Te beat out was Ti.
    Now i've reminded myself that i should retake that test-icle.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hang out with an ESFJ or ENFJ for a few days. They're always trying to convince you that you should "do more of this" or "less of this" or "what you're doing isn't good for you" or "you'd be happier if you did this".

Like someone else already mentioned, they think that what is best for them or what is best for most people (or what makes them happiest) is what is best for you. Their intentions are good of course. They want you to be happy.

Just in the last week, I've had:

1. An ISFJ "nicely" tell me that I'd be happier with a mate/significant other. (Not now, but thanks for the advice).

2. An ESFJ who had never been to my apartment until that moment, telling me how to best arrange my furniture for my own happiness (Already happy, but thanks for the advice).

3. An ESFJ at work telling me that it would be better if I did things this way instead of that way. (I've already considered that way and determined it wasn't best for me, but thanks for the advice).

4. An ENFJ doing much of the same things.

Having Fe myself, I recognize it as something inside of me that wants things to run smoothly for people. Te wants the operation to run smoothly, but Fe wants people to be happy (and it has its own ideas of what would make them happy). For instance, I'm introverted and won't talk much around a group that I'm unfamiliar with. I'll just observe until I'm more comfortable. But, if someone in that group is being mistreated or if nobody is talking and people seem uncomfortable, I will jump in and "smooth" the situation out. I want people to feel comfortable. I don't want people feeling sad or out of place or rejected, etc. My overwhelming Ti can certainly override this, but it's there nonetheless. When it's given too much power, it becomes a bit "imposing", controlling, and coercive. "If you don't do it this way, then that's just wierd. Everyone does it this way and you need to also."

No. No I don't. But, thanks for the advice.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I can't answer this with all of the fun function talk right now, but i find my J kicks in when i'm excited over anything that leads to a better social circumstance.
    I'll give examples:
    • NYC Meetup made me need to know, almost obsessively, who was going and a rough estimate of events/times and wanted to make little games
    • College acceptance made me plan out my schedule, definitely obsessively, for the next 2 years
    • Karaoke / Dance class make me need to be on time to the point where i get anxious and leave 10 minutes earlier
    • Etc

I get things done and move forward, but some things just fall by the wayside as they only affect me. I've needed to clean my room completely for about a year now and since it only affects me, i slack.
    BlackCat and Mad Hatter have spoken with me on aim/skype and a common lines from them are "Such a J" and "Go make a list"

As for a functions test- in February i rocked out with a 43 Fe and a 20 Te. The only one Te beat out was Ti.
    Now i've reminded myself that i should retake that test-icle.

So if there is no people around you, you are "finnished" ?
    Since your Jness is quite dependant upon your environment ?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So if there is no people around you, you are "finnished" ?
    Since your Jness is quite dependant upon your environment ?
    If there are no people, it drives me to assess and make a plan of action to acquire people or people-heavy situations. It could attribute to why ENFJ priorities seem so off at times.
    If i have a stable social environment, i'll start being more of a J in all aspects of life. The simple fact is that social environments are fickle. An further example of right now/my room is this thought- "My friendships are stabilizing. At some point, we could all hang out in my room. I should clean my room. Now... how shall i go about cleaning my room."

I'm not sure if this applies to other ENFJs / if we have our noses rubbed into a social mess to tone it down.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance