User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Dulling of Physical Feelings

(I'm not as knowledgable about MBTI as most of you so please excuse any ignorance.)

I've noticed that I've gotten worse and worse over the past 10 years at recognizing physical feelings. I think (could be wrong) INFJs aren't really supposed to be very adept at this anyway, but the fact that it's gotten duller seems strange. For example, in my voice lessons, my teacher will ask me what I felt physically going on when I sang a certain way and I honestly can't tell her. Any others identify with this? Do you think it's because you have learned to block it out/ignore it to the point where it hardly exists to you?
    "Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes...I fancy myself to be a 64-color box...I can only meet the 8-color boxes...I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation...so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type... I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "Oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No - I want magenta!" -John Mayer

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

I posted a thread similar to this in the Enneagram section. You're probably an E9, because we all seem to feel this way at some point. It feels completely unnatural, doesn't it?
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm generally dull to most physical sensations and have almost no sense of smell. Pain doesn't bother me as much as irritating discomfort.

I'm a 9, so it makes sense there. I think this thread could be put into the Enneagram section.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Be glad you are this way, I am so sensitive I get a heartattack when a fly sneezes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't think the functions would cause an actually, physical lose of sensation. Inferior Se may cause you to ignore them, and it might be possible that naturally weak senses might lead you away from Se and more towards Ni, simply because your senses provide little information.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    (I'm not as knowledgable about MBTI as most of you so please excuse any ignorance.)

I've noticed that I've gotten worse and worse over the past 10 years at recognizing physical feelings. I think (could be wrong) INFJs aren't really supposed to be very adept at this anyway, but the fact that it's gotten duller seems strange. For example, in my voice lessons, my teacher will ask me what I felt physically going on when I sang a certain way and I honestly can't tell her. Any others identify with this? Do you think it's because you have learned to block it out/ignore it to the point where it hardly exists to you?
    I have a hard time describing how I physically feel sometimes, depending on what it is. If I'm in pain, sometimes, I don't even recognize the physical pain, because I'm so used to it.

I want to take voice/singing lessons, but my friend also tells me, you have to sing from your gut, the very bottom pit of your stomach. I'm like, "How do you do that??" Whenever I try, it's hard, but I'll keep trying.

I get what you're talking about though. One thing that I can describe about my physical sensations that pains me is my chronic backache- due to studying/computer use. Time for some Tai Chi, Chi Gong, or whatevah..