User Tag List

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Default Am having trouble connecting...

Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out. I dont even know who my friends are...
    can someone help or share their experience...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudblue View Post
    Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out.
    When you meet the right people, you will naturally connect in a REAL way. (Those occurences seem to be few and far between.)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out. I dont even know who my friends are...

My best friend that I've had for years is an INFP. Everyone adores her around here. Usually with friend I think that you can tell who is real and who is fake already, before even having to say anything. If you are seeking new friends, then being a friend is a good start and if someone doesn't want what you have to offer, It is truly their loss. I'm sorry you feel left out, maybe you just haven't found something you belong to yet Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ second that.

i thought i'd have a really hard time with friends in college but friendship have always blossomed (? eek) spontaneously...you just meet this person and you two just connect and before long, me and her are like sisters and you look back and wonder how it happened ... it's all natural and almost instant and now i have three friends who means the world to me and they love me too haha, and yes it is hard because i get along with like 95.5 of the total population

Phantonym

Yup. I know exactly what you mean. I've been like that all my life. Can't really help you out here because my solution was to give up on seeking that connection and turn to apathy whenever others were involved. I've kind of had a blast on my own but I guess I wouldn't really recommend it to anybody else. It comes with occasional nasty side effects.

My advice to you would be to turn inward to figure out what it is you really want, who you really are, what makes you happy and so on. Once you feel comfortable in your own skin and you're not constantly worried about connecting and feeling left out, then you will be able to relax around people and be yourself instead of trying desperately to get closer to people. Others will probably notice that too.

Don't give up and good luck.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Introverts are private people and aren't the most gregarious. As a result we connect less. Put yourself out there. You may be surprised at what you find. On a side note 75% of the population is S so more often than not you won't connect deeply with new friends.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    My advice to you would be to turn inward to figure out what it is you really want, who you really are, what makes you happy and so on. Once you feel comfortable in your own skin and you're not constantly worried about connecting and feeling left out, then you will be able to relax around people and be yourself instead of trying desperately to get closer to people. Others will probably notice that too.

Don't give up and good luck.
    Great advice. Not much to add, but you might want to explore joining groups that share your hobbies or interests. That will give you at least 1 connection to them to start already.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell