User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Talking INFP: Do you guys get creative impulses often?

I want to ask this to other INFP's because I notice it a lot in myself, that I will be sitting in class or at home pulling weeds, when I suddenly get a really, really, really, really, REALLY great creative idea!

Does this ever happen to you guys? You get great, innovative ideas while just doing everyday, mundane activities? Or does anyone else notice that while they are TRYING to come up with a creative idea, they get nothing, but one sneaks up on them when they least expect it?

Or is this just me? :P

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Give some example for "creative" impulse. I am never sure I fit into that, but that will depend on what is "creative" I guess.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just anything that is creative in your opinion. Like, maybe, say, you want to write something or draw a picture, but you can't think of anything while your thinking about it. And then you suddenly get a good idea to write or draw something. Or you know, anything else that you feel is creative.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

An example would be the beginnings of a really good plot line for a story or movie while ironing shirts (or folding up washing from the dryer). Day dreaming while doing mundane tasks = Freedom for the mind to wonder
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to have more than I knew what to do with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Haha, well, that's actually what I meant, creative in more artistic way. I am neither drawing, painting or writing any stories. I did write (sometimes original I heard) stories when I was a child (maybe up to 6th or 7th school grade). But I don't anymore.

If we define creativity more freely, I have such "impulses" in other areas maybe. When there is some random problem which I (and others) have no idea how to overcome at first I will get often an idea suddenly out of nowhere to solve those things in an untypical approach, which will often work (not necessarily as efficient as the typical solution, but it works) but not always. Can be typical everyday situations, but also some things like mathematics or so. Just ideas to do things in a way that other people maybe would not think of.

I can also find often (seemingly absurd) analogies which I pick up from nowhere, spontaneously.

Maybe there is more, but I am still struggling whether that fits to "creativity".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

You get great, innovative ideas while just doing everyday, mundane activities? Or does anyone else notice that while they are TRYING to come up with a creative idea, they get nothing, but one sneaks up on them when they least expect it?
    Yes, yes, I used to get great ideas in my math classes, in the shower, and in the middle of trying to fall asleep.

Yeah, definitely for me! My best creative ideas come when I least expect them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes....especially late at night. I've taken to keeping a notebook in my nightstand so I can scribble stuff down should an idea come to me in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, I find these flashes less frequent than when I was younger. I think adult stress has taken its toll, as does having to be creative on command as a graphic designer.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Yea, I do...its unsual because I can get a lot of creative impulses when am in a pit of despair, I wonder if am emo sometimes...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...