First 23456 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You don't. And not to sound doomsdayish, but watch carefully that the door doesn't hit you in the ass when we slam it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Im sure that does wonders for his opinions NFJs...

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

just sayin'
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Gamine,

If you want my personal opinion. If you think youre close enough to them (whoever you made this post for), steer them towards that deep kind of conversation and just come out and ask them. Put all your cards on the table. My best friend is an ENFJ, due to my insecurities and my wonderful Ne and Fi functions I started making conclusions that werent real. Anything he did would be further proof he really didnt like me or wasnt truly my friend.

Eventually I came out, put all my cards on the table, and told him my problems. Through this he told me that I was the closest friend hes ever had and only his twin has ever reached the point I have with him. He opened up to me on a completely different level. Sometimes you have to just put it out there and watch what happens.

I dont know what your situation is but in my experience if you ask an NFJ a question and ask them to be completely and brutally honest to you, they will. (Just be careful what you wish for)

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    You don't. And not to sound doomsdayish, but watch carefully that the door doesn't hit you in the ass when we slam it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    Sometimes you have to just put it out there and watch what happens.
    You should also be prepared for things not going that well at all after you've put "it" out there. Just saying.

I dont know what your situation is but in my experience if you ask an NFJ a question and ask them to be completely and brutally honest to you, they will. (Just be careful what you wish for)
    That's true.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post

You should also be prepared for things not going that well at all after you've put "it" out there. Just saying.
    That's true.

But for me its just better to be completely honest about how I feel. After all thats part of my personality, if they arent able to handle that then it wouldn't be a good friendship anyway.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    That's true.

But for me its just better to be completely honest about how I feel. After all thats part of personality, if they arent able to handle that then it wouldn't be a good friendship anyway.
    Absolutely.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

So the door gets to do all the butt touching?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    yeah, if i'm sharing something that's not finished, it's definitely because you're in. it's pretty easy to tell--only a handful of people can get me to open up when i'm not in my best state. those people are the most valuable to me.
    I think Ni+Fe can come up with some very raw, ‘out there’ stuff sometimes, and bouncing it off another person is kind of like trying something on and looking in a mirror to see how it looks. It’s NOT a finished product- it’s our way of testing the information. I’m nowhere near comfortable bouncing it off people who don’t ‘get’ that it’s unfinished test product.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    This can be tough for well meaning people that just don't 'get' us.
    Yeah, some people do mean well- but they really don’t instinctively ‘get’ it. I may like them, but there’s no way in hell I feel willing to freely share my unfinished thoughts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    So the door gets to do all the butt touching?
    Only for the people who don't get 'in'. For the people who make it past the gates, it's a butt touching free-for-all.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I think Ni+Fe can come up with some very raw, ‘out there’ stuff sometimes, and bouncing it off another person is kind of like trying something on and looking in a mirror to see how it looks. It’s NOT a finished product- it’s our way of testing the information. I’m nowhere near comfortable bouncing it off people who don’t ‘get’ that it’s unfinished test product.
    yeah, and worst of all, i don't know what's valuable until i realize how others interpret value. i need the context in order to understand how something is purposeful for others, because i need other meanings in order to synthesize them and find my own understanding. the actual position i take is still difficult.