User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFPs and emotions: Question?

I've noticed something about myself. I've kind of subconsciously known it for most of my life, but it didn't become completely apparent until it was pointed it out.

I was sitting around with a couple really good friends, and I happened to ask,

"Do you think I'm a very emotional person?"

Their replies went like this,

"No, you're almost emotionless. I never see you cry, ever. When you do show emotions, they are VERY strong, like when you're mad... Which, is a very scary thing."

For some reason, it made me kind of smile, but also made me wonder. Is this true to other ENFPs?

You're zany for the most part - Happy, cheerful, or just content, usually. You don't really show much other emotion, UNTIL there is good reason to. Then, it all spills out. If you're mad, you RAGE. If you're sad, you feel as if the world is crashing down. Etc.

Yes? No?

Sorry if this is confusing/vague. I'm pretty tired!

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

This sounds more like ENFJs from what Ive read on the forum.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thats how my basic friends and acquaintances think of me. My true friends, those who are closest to me know im an emotional rollercoaster. They just know I like to keep a tight rein on my emotions around those who dont deserve knowing that part of me.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    This sounds more like ENFJs from what Ive read on the forum.
    really? hmm...i'm not so sure i agree with ya but i don't really know any enfjs well.

i've been called aloof before and i don't show negative emotions often unless you're one of the lucky ones that i love.

but...no one would call me emotionless really...i can be quite effusive...i get all happy and excited and gushy about sweet things.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    really? hmm...i'm not so sure i agree with ya but i don't really know any enfjs well.

i've been called aloof before and i don't show negative emotions often unless you're one of the lucky ones that i love.

but...no one would call me emotionless really...i can be quite effusive...i get all happy and excited and gushy about sweet things.
    I dont find myself emotionless at all. Im very opinionated and show my emotions.

I become introverted when Im upset because i tend to harbor negative emotions when im stressed and I dont want for that to affect others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right yeah no i agree with that. i'm not emotionless either but i wouldn't call myself an emotional person...not in the way i define it in my head. i'm not the person bitching to a coworker about how upset i am about this or that...i'm not the person who will call up a friend crying about relationship issues...i don't have highly charged emotional exchanges with people often...but my sister who tests enfp kinda is that way...and it's kinda why i think she might be enfj...or maybe it's not a type thing at all...i totally don't know.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It could also be a sex or environment thing. Or more likely, a combination of many.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...whatcha mean? are you a guy?

and really...i kinda think we're saying the same things. i keep most negative emotions to myself but i can become passionate about an opinion or point of view but i just like to work out things that upset me on my own...i don't look outside myself for support....that makes sense of fi right? instead of fe?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hmm...whatcha mean? are you a guy?

and really...i kinda think we're saying the same things. i keep most negative emotions to myself but i can become passionate about an opinion or point of view but i just like to work out things that upset me on my own...i don't look outside myself for support....that makes sense of fi right? instead of fe?
    Im a guy. It makes a differences. Some MBTI types can be different according to sex.

Usually when I have negative feelings i become introverted, but ive noticed talking them out and discussing them people close to me help me out a lot. I think fi and fe go much deeper than that though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    Im a guy. It makes a differences. Some MBTI types can be different according to sex.

Usually when I have negative feelings i become introverted, but ive noticed talking them out and discussing them people close to me help me out a lot. I think fi and fe go much deeper than that though.
    oh sure of course they do and yeah i usually have one or two people in my life i talk to about things...but it seems to me that i'm more guarded with my emotions then other people i know...i think that's what op person was saying....but whatever. i'm bored now...haha
    -Jim Morrison