User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default I f*cked up my teenage years and I don't mind

Every time I go to family reunions, or I meet old (or new) acquaintances or when I speak to strangers and I tell them about my life, they always tell my I fucked up my teenage years and therefore also the rest of my life. Why have I fucked it up?

- I've been in a fight with almost everyone I've met the last 6 years, because I was just trying to be honest and stay myself.
    - My love life is totally fucked up and I'm attracting the wrong kind of men.
    - I've continued a hobby that I've already had since I was 6 (writing), which made my peers hate me because sometimes I found it more important than homework.
    - I don't get drunk every weekend, because alcohol makes me feel like I'm locked inside my head.
    - I've never learnt to see what's so arousing about vomitting.
    - I've never learnt to appreciate Uggs and skinny jeans.
    - I've never learnt to resist ditching friends if I got tired and because of this I stood in the way of my own popularity.

In fact, I don't mind all of these things. I even like these things about myself. Then why am I posting this? BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE ALL THESE THINGS ARE A HUGE PROBLEM ARE ANNORYING THE HELL OUT OF ME! AAAAARGH!!!

Family members.
    Old friends and acquaintances.
    New acquaintances.
    Strangers who I have a talk with.

Almost everyone I speak seems to have a problem with the way my life went. They tell me that I should change my life before it's too late, because otherwhise I won't be able to get babies anymore. And I'm only 18! WTF?! So, appearantly this is what I'm supposed to do:

- Be normal.
    - Collect friends and have shallow friendships with them.
    - Get drunk.
    - Vommit and be happy with it because it's normal.
    - Have these shallow friends pick out a decent, boring boyfriend for me.
    - Get married.
    - Get babies. Two babies, to be exact.
    - Get myself a nice office job and pretend it's what I've always wanted to do.
    - Work until I'm 67.
    - Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas.
    - Die.

That's fucking boring! Dude! That's not what I want to do with my life! But why do I take all of this so personally? I don't want to take it personally, but I can't help it. I do feel offended, because this way it seems like I'm some kind of lame robot. Now I wonder:

How on earth can I make sure that I don't take these boring expectations too personally? If I take it personallly, everybody thinks I do care and then they try to help me! HEEEEELP!!! :eek::horor:
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Glycerine

I really don't see anything outside the norm other than possibly the first point. You sound like a fairly normal teenager, to be honest. Those people just sound really judgmental... sorry for being blunt.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I really don't see anything outside the norm other than possibly the first point. You sound like a fairly normal teenager, to be honest. Those people just sound really judgmental... sorry for being blunt.
    Not in my neighbourhood.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Phantonym

Well, yeah, it is personal, it's directed at you. Are you sure you're not blowing this way out of proportion? Sometimes it may seem that the whole world is out to get you. But it's more about them than it is about you. You can't change others. Let them keep their expectations. Maybe if you keep telling yourself that every time you encounter such behaviour, you can learn to phase all the annoying stuff out. Take it as something humorous that doesn't really affect you. You keep doing the things you want to do, the things you think are right for you. It's your life, only you can be the judge on how fucked up your life has been so far. You are annoyed by people, people are annoyed by you, that's how the world goes round. And the haters gonna hate no matter what you do.

I don't think you can make sure that you don't have a reaction to what is said. How you deal with the reaction is something you can and have to work on. You can take it in but you have to let it go as well. In with the good, out with the bad. You already have an outlet in writing, you can use that to get the bad stuff out if you need to.

Glycerine

Ok then. I'm American so it could be a little bit different culturally but I have met many teenagers that fit your description. Most of them aren't even close to fucking up their lives. I seriously thought you were going to say something like you had like 3 kids, had aids, were homeless, and were in trouble with the law.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Ok then. I'm American so it could be a little bit different culturally but I have met many teenagers that fit your description. Most of them aren't even close to fucking up their lives. I seriously thought you were going to say you had like 3 kids, had aids, were homeless, and were in trouble with the law.
    No, I'm just a nonalcoholic teenager that doesn't like trendy stuff, doesn't want to be popular for the sake of being popular, doesn't want to get married and go to law school.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    yupp

most teenagers aren't as bad ass as they make themselves out to be.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    - Collect friends and have shallow friendships with them.
    - Get drunk.
    - Vommit and be happy with it because it's normal.
    - Have these shallow friends pick out a decent, boring boyfriend for me.
    If this is "normal" to them, then their lives are messed up.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Adults want me to be that bad too.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    No, I'm just a nonalcoholic teenager that doesn't like trendy stuff, doesn't want to be popular for the sake of being popular, doesn't want to get married and go to law school.
    Practically all the XNFPs I know are like the way you described yourself. It's a vibe of nonconformity. It's quite refreshing.