• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I f*cked up my teenage years and I don't mind

P

Phantonym

Remember guys, take comfort in the fact that there's always someone more fcked up than you.

Taking pleasure in someone else's misfortunes is not really much of a comfort in my opinion.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
What the hell kind of adult advises an 18-year-old to get drunk and vomit?

Hyperbole much?

Are you sure they aren't more your peers? If so, they're fucking stupid. Don't listen to them. It is incredibly rare for anyone in your age group to offer sage wisdom.

H

Hate

Take it as something humorous that doesn't really affect you.

I think Sky is BLUE said it best in this one. This is the thing that I had to learn in order for myself not to take things personally. I can’t remember who said it, but there’s a quote that goes something along the lines of “Wise men/women listen and laugh while fools talk.” You got to learn how to let these kinds of people amuse you when they are telling you these kinds of things. I know it’s easier said than done, so it definitely takes a lot of practice. Next time someone’s telling you this kind of nonsense make a conscious effort in your mind to let it amuse you as to how ridiculous they are. Then after many times of doing this it will start to come easier and hopefully become natural.

When I read your thread title I thought I was going to read some crazy sh*t, but it sounds like you’re doing pretty damn well to me.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
No, I'm just a nonalcoholic teenager that doesn't like trendy stuff, doesn't want to be popular for the sake of being popular, doesn't want to get married and go to law school.

You sound like plenty of teenagers I know.

Congrats. Youre not as original or rebellious as you think you are.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is a ridiculous list of things people think you should have to do. I mean, RIDICULOUS.

I don't want to get married, or have kids. I would consider law school. I don't get drunk. Etc etc etc.

If you don't want to do those things, tell them to stfu, and ignore them. If it gets to you, don't let them know it. It works for me for my emotions to not be on my sleeve.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Find a INTJ and learn from him/her. (seriously)

I mean I am pretty similar to you when it comes to this. (except the emotional part)

There are no INTJs where I live. Not a single one. Or I just can't seem to find them. Where are you guys hiding?! :huh:

You sound like plenty of teenagers I know.

Congrats. Youre not as original or rebellious as you think you are.

I'm not saying I'm rebellious, or trying to be. I just don't like the things people (aunts, uncles, cousins, acquaintances) expect from me. I also hate how they seem to become preachy when they discover I'm not "normal" and I just don't want to react all emotional when they become preachy.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
What the hell kind of adult advises an 18-year-old to get drunk and vomit?

Hyperbole much?

Are you sure they aren't more your peers? If so, they're fucking stupid. Don't listen to them. It is incredibly rare for anyone in your age group to offer sage wisdom.

My aunts, uncles and their friends. :yes:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not saying I'm rebellious, or trying to be. I just don't like the things people (aunts, uncles, cousins, acquaintances) expect from me. I also hate how they seem to become preachy when they discover I'm not "normal" and I just don't want to react all emotional when they become preachy.

consider yourself lucky you have aunts, uncles and cousins...
and yeah, you only ever mess up your teenage years if you go against your intuition, gut instinct.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
If you're one's f*cked up, mine aren't much better. I'm 15 now, so you can say I'm going though my teens..

Let's see my analysis of myself...

- I never fight. NEVER. I never get angry with other people, and that pisses them off, bu I don't care. Then they start getting more aggro, because I'm not aggro.

- Love life? Hah. Don't even get me started. I'm gay and Asian, and short, and ugly, and I'm interested in random stuff. I'm also scared of intimate relationships, and built a wall around myself.

- Hobby? Psychology. But my parents (being Asian and all) just keep on going law or medicine. LAW OR MEDICINE.

- Alcohol? Not drinking that. Not unless I want my secrets to come rambling out. Will only drink with sex partners :yes: (But I haven't had sex yet, haha!)

- I don't like acting macho. I find it stupid. I mean why would you go 1000km/hr down a road, just so people think you're 'cool'. I don't think it's cool, I find it stupid.

- Clothes I appreciate. But I'm poor with no money, so I can't afford it.

- I hop from one friend to another. Whatever comes my way...

I can't even have babies. Goddammit. Unless if I have sex with a women, and somehow get her pregnant. Then all this craziness comes in, because I'm gay..

I'll just compare it to your points...

- Be normal.
- Collect friends and have shallow friendships with them.
- Get drunk.
- Vommit and be happy with it because it's normal.
- Have these shallow friends pick out a decent, boring boyfriend for me.
- Get married.
- Get babies. Two babies, to be exact.
- Get myself a nice office job and pretend it's what I've always wanted to do.
- Work until I'm 67.
- Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas.
- Die.

- Uhh Not normal. Mainly 'cause I believe normal is a standard set by other people.
- I collect friends, but I don't have shallow ones. I usually take a deep too quickly.
- I'll never get drunk, or else I don't know what I'll do (rape someone or something :shock:)
- Eww Vomit, Yuck.
- I don't have friends who pick out 'boyfriends' for me. Mainly because I'm gay, and many men are straight.
- Get married? No way. Because it isn't even legal in most of the world. I have to find someone first.
- That comes AFTER I get married/committed relationship. Then I have to care about the baby, and how he/she/they will be treated with two gay dads. I'll also probably spoil them to hell.
- My career? I'll probably be judged because of my differences first. I want to be a psychiatrist..
- I'll work until I feel like not working. Usually when I get money. Then I'll go and PLAY!
- When I retire, I'll still be having sex. If I've got no one, then I'll go and buy some retail p*rn or something.
- I'll die. Though reincarnation doesn't sound too bad. :yes:

Mine seem worse.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There are no INTJs where I live. Not a single one. Or I just can't seem to find them. Where are you guys hiding?! :huh:

Don't exchange "there is no INTJs" with " INTJs are 1% of the population. "
It is not the same.

Also I would not recommend searching the places where you can find alot of different people. (especially at your age)

Basicly you have to search "the corners" since we are often there. Or places that are dark and/or there is something unusul about them.

If you manage to find a person that is pretty complex, determined and self-confidante at these kinds of places there are realistic odds that the person is INTJ.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Rule of thumb: whatever you do, your family will always be disappointed, because each day only has a finite amount of time thus even if one were willing it's impossible to execute every activity that each family member deems as "worthwhile". So, what to do? Tell them how much you're disappointed about their lives, too - they'll usually shut up.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Rule of thumb: whatever you do, your family will always be disappointed, because each day only has a finite amount of time thus even if one were willing it's impossible to execute every activity that each family member deems as "worthwhile". So, what to do? Tell them how much you're disappointed about their lives, too - they'll usually shut up.

Yeap, this works quite well and often.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Really Kat, it sounds like you've done pretty much the opposite of screwing your teenage years up. Sounds like you're doing pretty well :).

Other than having some relatives who know how to give some really awful advice :D.

The good news... your teenage years are pretty much over. That doesn't mean that your relatives won't still think you're weird and give you lousy advice, but you'll be in a lot better position to put yourself in environments where you have a lot more in common with those around you.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Your teenage years are suppose to be your fuck up years.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds like you're surrounded by a bunch of crazies. If you're 18 or older than you have the option of becoming self sufficient and moving away, far far away... Nothing makes crazy relatives more tolerable like distance. The more distance the better.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you going to college/university? That's where they are.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.

I totally agree.
I fucked up my teenage years by living them how other people wanted me to live them. Actually I'm still doing it now :doh:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. .

I think that most peoples fucked up their teenage years according to what you say. Teenages peoples are often so conformist and unable to think by themselves. Actually, it is right for peoples of every age, so I guess that most peoples fuck their entire life.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your teenage years are suppose to be your fuck up years.

Why should we have "fuck up years"? Why these ones? Why does the increased possibility to fuck up during teenage turn into an expectancy to fuck up? Your teenage years are supposed to be your teenage years. Everything else depends on your choice.

Kat, if you think you've missed anything, you're wrong. You're on the right track, even if you seem to be lost.