User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 51

  1. #41
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Kat, if you think you've missed anything, you're wrong. You're on the right track, even if you seem to be lost.
    I agree with that. Oh, and I can relate with a good part of what St Kat said, like many other peoples actually.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #42
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    So good to hear that I'm not the crazy one.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  3. #43
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    I fucked up my teenage years and enjoy the merits of Uggs and skinny jeans.

    "Teenage" years are the transitory period between being a child and an adult wherein you forge your own path. If you feel like you are doing it wrong, you are making progress.

  4. #44
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I totally agree.
    I fucked up my teenage years by living them how other people wanted me to live them. Actually I'm still doing it now
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think that most peoples fucked up their teenage years according to what you say. Teenages peoples are often so conformist and unable to think by themselves. Actually, it is right for peoples of every age, so I guess that most peoples fuck their entire life.
    There's something I always get reminded of when I hear people suffering through trying too hard to conform socially AesopFables.com - The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey - General Fable collection
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  5. #45
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Every time I go to family reunions, or I meet old (or new) acquaintances or when I speak to strangers and I tell them about my life, they always tell my I fucked up my teenage years and therefore also the rest of my life. Why have I fucked it up?

    - I've been in a fight with almost everyone I've met the last 6 years, because I was just trying to be honest and stay myself.
    - My love life is totally fucked up and I'm attracting the wrong kind of men.
    - I've continued a hobby that I've already had since I was 6 (writing), which made my peers hate me because sometimes I found it more important than homework.
    - I don't get drunk every weekend, because alcohol makes me feel like I'm locked inside my head.
    - I've never learnt to see what's so arousing about vomitting.
    - I've never learnt to appreciate Uggs and skinny jeans.
    - I've never learnt to resist ditching friends if I got tired and because of this I stood in the way of my own popularity.

    In fact, I don't mind all of these things. I even like these things about myself. Then why am I posting this? BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE ALL THESE THINGS ARE A HUGE PROBLEM ARE ANNORYING THE HELL OUT OF ME! AAAAARGH!!!

    To be honest it does sound like you messed up.
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  6. #46
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Smile

    I was a resentful "angel" . I was obedient to the maximum, and always did what I was told; straight A student, I did'nt drink, do drugs, have sex, etc. I was spoiled, never had to work a day of my life, played the " quiet, sweet, shy girl " role to the tee.


    Even though, deep down, I held grudges, I wanted to beat everyones ass who pissed me off knowing I can do it, and light my teacher's hair on fire....
    Sometimes I would slip and get in fights, then que in the innocent girl act and get away with it easily.

    I sucked it all up, for the promise of my parents paying for my university.

    As much of a dark as I was (internally lol). I had a goal. I wanted to be a doctor, and I knew it would be expensive, and there was no way I was going to be able to afford it without taking out a loan( dooming myself to debt).

    Finally, I finished high school, and when I wanted to apply for medicine. My parents refused to pay for it, they thought it would be " a waste of my life, graduating at 30 is no way to live"... It was their way or the high way.

    I ended up applying for something I didn't want. I didn't even bother trying my first semester; I passed nearly all my classes, I don't know how, I didn't even pay attention. . .

    Finally, at 18, I snapped, and took on my true form. I moved out with my older sister( who was also having problems with my parents) with no money, got a job, found an apartment(sold my laptop to pay for the first month of rent), and cut them out of my life completely. It was a huge risk.
    I was supporting myself for the first time, and I loved the feeling.

    I drank , I partied, I smoked(cigs), I had sex( only with my then-bf, not randomly lol) . I did everything I held myself back from doing before. I've stopped all of these things now, since I got them out of my system.

    by the 5th month we had already gotten a 2 floor apartment, completely furnished it, and started saving up for a car...

    After a year, I started talking to my parents again, and slowly built our relationship back up.

    I went back to school, not medicine, since our university started a 1.5 yr waiting list for students applying.

    I learned how important a degree was, and I didn't mind going back to the program I was in before. With an open mind, I learned not only to accept, but to love what I was doing.

    My wants, needs, etc, have changed since. I learned a lot at a young age; sure most people have as well, but it is still a pivotal moment in my life.

    My parents no longer saw me as a helpless child, but an independent adult.

    Although there could have been a lot of things I could've done differently, I'm still happy with the way things turned out.

    My mistakes were lessons that are very valuable to me.


    I don't see it as " I fucked up", more of a " I did shiz, and learned from it". : )

    There is always room to improve in my book. "fucking up" is just an opportunity to improve in my opinion.

  7. #47
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Sounds like you're surrounded by a bunch of crazies.
    I'm going to have to agree with this. The OP sounds fine.

  8. #48
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    To be honest it does sound like you messed up.
    Out of curiosity, how did you think she messed up?

  9. #49
    Member xX_Miss_Valentine_Xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    30

    Default

    So, appearantly this is what I'm supposed to do:

    - Be normal.
    - Collect friends and have shallow friendships with them.
    - Get drunk.
    - Vommit and be happy with it because it's normal.
    - Have these shallow friends pick out a decent, boring boyfriend for me.
    - Get married.
    - Get babies. Two babies, to be exact.
    - Get myself a nice office job and pretend it's what I've always wanted to do.
    - Work until I'm 67.
    - Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas.
    - Die.
    I'm just really surprised that your family members said these things. Mine would kill me (not literally!) and think I was fucking up MY LIFE if they caught me getting drunk and vomiting, having shallow friendships or marrying/having babies too early...then again, they probably wouldn't mind me having a "nice office job" and working till I'm 67 lol (I plan to retire at 65 unless I really love my job that much, or unless I retire early if I become insanely rich lol)

    LMAO - Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas...WTF!?

  10. #50
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Forgot to mention, I'm supposed to get these babies when I'm exactly 30 years old. That's normal.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Similar Threads

  1. I've been studying Typology for nearly 4 years..and still dont know my type..
    By Geirfrid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM
  3. Back, and"New" after being f*cked up. Opinions on type for fun?
    By ArpeggiatingCantata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM
  4. My bro - aspergers and deaf
    By raindancing in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
  5. My type: Comments and inquiries welcome.
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO