User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Rule of thumb: whatever you do, your family will always be disappointed, because each day only has a finite amount of time thus even if one were willing it's impossible to execute every activity that each family member deems as "worthwhile". So, what to do? Tell them how much you're disappointed about their lives, too - they'll usually shut up.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Rule of thumb: whatever you do, your family will always be disappointed, because each day only has a finite amount of time thus even if one were willing it's impossible to execute every activity that each family member deems as "worthwhile". So, what to do? Tell them how much you're disappointed about their lives, too - they'll usually shut up.

Yeap, this works quite well and often.

MBTI
    INtP

Really Kat, it sounds like you've done pretty much the opposite of screwing your teenage years up. Sounds like you're doing pretty well .

Other than having some relatives who know how to give some really awful advice .

The good news... your teenage years are pretty much over. That doesn't mean that your relatives won't still think you're weird and give you lousy advice, but you'll be in a lot better position to put yourself in environments where you have a lot more in common with those around you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Your teenage years are suppose to be your fuck up years.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sounds like you're surrounded by a bunch of crazies. If you're 18 or older than you have the option of becoming self sufficient and moving away, far far away... Nothing makes crazy relatives more tolerable like distance. The more distance the better.

MBTI
    INTP

The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    There are no INTJs where I live. Not a single one. Or I just can't seem to find them. Where are you guys hiding?!
    Are you going to college/university? That's where they are.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.
    I totally agree.
    I fucked up my teenage years by living them how other people wanted me to live them. Actually I'm still doing it now
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. .
    I think that most peoples fucked up their teenage years according to what you say. Teenages peoples are often so conformist and unable to think by themselves. Actually, it is right for peoples of every age, so I guess that most peoples fuck their entire life.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Your teenage years are suppose to be your fuck up years.
    Why should we have "fuck up years"? Why these ones? Why does the increased possibility to fuck up during teenage turn into an expectancy to fuck up? Your teenage years are supposed to be your teenage years. Everything else depends on your choice.

Kat, if you think you've missed anything, you're wrong. You're on the right track, even if you seem to be lost.