User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Oh, yeah, I forgot: my Fi makes my emotions imperturbable. :rolli:

As I said before, it is a matter of understanding what Ni is good at.

If you're imagining all sorts of horrible possibilities, and you aren't keeping track of how many come to pass and how many don't, you won't understand or train your Ni to work for you.

Part of what I was getting at is that the real life experiences are part of what trains Ni. I know when its predictions are reliable, and I know when they're unreliable. So what if you can't see any boulders coming down the hill? Did any of them hit you? No? Then all that worrying was untrained Ni.

Figure out which of your intuitions are reliable and which are unreliable. Know them and understand them. It's doable, with time. Once Ni is trained up, it becomes a matter of experience, and you'll just think, "Oh. That."

No, it's not easy. Everything unfamiliar in life will still cause you worry. The way to master your Ni is to make those unfamiliar things familiar.
    Its still not so simple... I wasnt saying Fi is unshakable, but with Fi you at least have somewhere to stand your own personal ground. you know how things make you feel, read up on how Fe works, in conjunction with Ni its kind of hard NOT to be sloppy with my Ni.

And also, this negative thought process (which usually isnt always negative its quite neutral) just shows me the answers, emotionally how I deal with them has nothing to do with how sharp Ni is... and everything to do with how my emotions work.

I just need to shield my emotions a bit more from my Ni since its driving me crazy! I cant be alone with my thoughts its driving me insane.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    When does this shit quiet down? Its getting super tough to deal with. I try to explain the most logical reasons to myself, no shes just running behind, she just fell asleep, but at the same time I have those reasons followed by about 100000000000000000000 possibilities that could also explain whats going on all at the same time. Like seeing all the answers on a big cheat sheet.

And because I am an F, this is all directly attached to my feelings, self esteem, etc etc etc... its getting quite annoying. I need to come up with some ways to think around this.
    I can relate somewhat, except that as a Ti dominant, these kinds of things have a more "out of the blue" sort of strike to them... a stupid example: I lost a nice pair of sunglasses once, and a week later I saw this girl from school wearing them... suddenly I realized that she must have stolen then from on top of my coat at the student bar where I lost them... what a bitch, I'm thinking (about a person I barely know), and I start connecting all kinds of bad things with her. Then I stop and realize I'm being a complete nutcase, and that there are 10,000 exact same pairs of sunglasses and it's a freaking coincidence and that's it. And I have done the same thing with boyfriends too, and not calling, and coming up with crazy reasons for seemingly inexplicable behavior.

I guess the key difference is that I don't tend to obsess because logic kicks back in and like someone above said, you start going over the percentages... when you convince yourself something is a 0.1% likelihood, it's harder to obsess and feel sane. Unless I am in a really unhealthy, depressed state. I have been there and it does suck. I don't know if INTP solutions work for INFJ, but a big thing (and it sounds lame, but is important) is to work on your self-esteem and own interests, so you are less dependent on others. You need to separate yourself from them, and say "even if they are a bitch, or cheating, or lying, I am still ok. That's them being bad people, and I know what to do or what to say if this is the situation."
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    *ahem*

YOU ARE AN N!

*relates*

Is there anyway out of this? I relate to what the ENFPs have stated: was that comment meant for me, etc
    whatever is totally an entp isn't she.

and god yes i know billy...n paranoia it's maddening. i confuse myself constantly. churning information around in there and spitting out a multitude of possible interpretations. i say something and immediately hear several ways it can be interpreted and attempt to clarify and then confuse people...i cannot just take anything at face value have no idea how to do it...and then i justify(or not) different things based on my fi...and sometimes my fe...ughh...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ugh! Sometimes it's a real burden having all this analytical head stuff going on.

I guess that I have learned (with lots of practice and after a lot of pain) to periodically take stock in if I'm focusing on the big picture (read Ne) or if I'm focusing on the matter at hand (read Se). Then I ask myself, "Is it more effective to be big picture or little picture here." I'm surprised at how often the answer is little picture. In other words, I guess I've learned to catch myself (sometimes) when I'm getting too analytical.

Surprisingly, it's made me happier, more productive, and a little less intense. I feel very lucky to be an N, but I tell you this: I've grown to appreciate that those Ss really have something that I don't come to naturally.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Antimony and Lady X... I gave you guys a poll in the graveyard so that you could disagree with me!

and Esoteric Wench- see, isn't Se FUN!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Whenever I have a neurotic "what if" moment, I take a step back and think about what evidence there is to prove the existence of my hypotheses. I worry frequently, but Te comes in to remind me if something really is happening there will be evidence of it, likewise if something might/could happen. Then, I bring out Fi to help me realize what is important to me, how it relates to my personal values. Afterwards, I come up with a consensus that would satisfy both me and whoever might be affected by a decision (Fe).

But yes, Ni can be a pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Whenever I have a neurotic "what if" moment, I take a step back and think about what evidence there is to prove the existence of my hypotheses. I worry frequently, but Te comes in to remind me if something really is happening there will be evidence of it, likewise if something might/could happen. Then, I bring out Fi to help me realize what is important to me, how it relates to my personal values. Afterwards, I come up with a consensus that would satisfy both me and whoever might be affected by a decision (Fe).

But yes, Ni can be a pain.
    Get out of my brain! I do the same and yes, N can suck sometimes, as much as it can be wonderful at times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

!!! I can't go to sleep at night without drowning my thoughts out watching some mellow show, my thoughts just go on and go, regenerate after I have tried cutting it off with logic and possibility ratings. It drives me nuts. I have been better at it than before, to focus on the here and now and not so much about ALL the millions of possibilities out there in the future, to do things today to the best of my ability, to put the past behind me as each new day comes, and wake up today as if there was no yesterday. I had no idea this was related to my Ne, I have always loved my Ne. The best thing to do is to focus on the here and now like those Ss and deal with problems as they arise when they do like Uumlau said, to deal with the boulder that is actually coming directly at you instead of worrying about all the other possible boulders, conserve energy to efficiency deal with that one boulder.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i end up just having to say loudly in my head...omg whatever i'll know soon enough and deal with it then! or something to that effect.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah, i can relate, too. it has gotten a lot better for me, since i feel like i know myself better and i know about other people more. i interpret something and have an emotional response, but then i calm myself down and dismiss the emotion to do something more productive than thinking "woe is me... that person HURT my poor feelings... sniff..."

lol... anyway... i can get to the worried state, too... but hey... you just have to roll with the punches, as we Ps tend to say... :P

lots of love to those who think they always do something wrong. (most of the time, you probably don't, or it doesn't matter). i can definitely relate to that.

this used to be my emo theme song lol... now it mainly just reminds me of some of my past mistakes...

YouTube - everlast lonely road
    Enneagram 5w4.