• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I find this type and people representing it to be somewhat interesting.

Highly intuitive and therefore often brilliantly perceptive.

The Ni-Fe combination often creates the Fi affect germane to what we see in INFPs, hence the INFJs will be able to offer profound insights into human nature and relationships. Very much worth listening to.

Yet, when they turn to their Fe, I notice myself rapidly losing regard for them. Not because I have an aversion to feelings in general, this does not happen to me with INFPs who are much more feeling-oriented than the INFJs. I lose regard for them because at this point its not even about interpersonal matters anymore or exploration of the human element, its just cant. Its about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow.

So, my question to other INTPs is, can you relate?

And to all, how can one overcome this problem having engaged the INFJ. I am not talking about any particular relationship per se. What I am looking for is a way to avoid losing the tie due to their Fe, as that aspect of their character not only vitiates their much esteemed intuitive insights, but also my interpersonal connection with them.

*FJs---keep in mind, I am not looking for a solution to settle into, I'd be much more interested in your brainstorming than your conclusions. I already have a plausible solution in mind to this problem, more perspectives would never hurt.
Deficient.
Genuinity is judged by the outsider?

Genuinity is judged by the understanding of the insider.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I find this type and people representing it to be somewhat interesting.
Insult number 1: "somewhat" interesting. "Somewhat" used that way is not a positive qualifier, are you aware of that?

The Ni-Fe combination often creates the Fi affect germane to what we see in INFPs, hence the INFJs will be able to offer profound insights into human nature and relationships. Very much worth listening to.
Insult number 2: our Ni-Fe combination is not interesting in itself, but only because it reminds you of INFPs' Fi.

So you open your post with a double insult towards INFJs... Way to go :rolleyes:

Yet, when they turn to their Fe, I notice myself rapidly losing regard for them. Not because I have an aversion to feelings in general, this does not happen to me with INFPs who are much more feeling-oriented than the INFJs. I lose regard for them because at this point its not even about interpersonal matters anymore or exploration of the human element, its just cant. Its about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow.
Would you say that when INFPs turn to their Fi, or when INTPs turn to their Ti, it's cant too? If not, why not?

Oh, and you're wrong, of course. Turning to Fe is NOT "about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow". That may be your perception, but you're wrong. Turning to Fe is quite simply our perfectly normal and respectable way of dealing with the outside world. Fe is our Auxiliary, thus it is the function we preferentially use to deal with other people.

And to all, how can one overcome this problem having engaged the INFJ.
Realise the error of your way, and respect the INFJ's perfectly normal and respectable way of dealing with the outside world.

What I am looking for is a way to avoid losing the tie due to their Fe, as that aspect of their character not only vitiates their much esteemed intuitive insights, but also my interpersonal connection with them.
See above.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
So you open your post with a double insult towards INFJs... Way to go :rolleyes:
I recommend that you put him on ignore as soon as possible. Unless you like to argue about whether or not he is being objective in his observations and opinions.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I recommend that you put him on ignore as soon as possible. Unless you like to argue about whether or not he is being objective in his observations and opinions.
We already butted heads on INFPgc, so I know exactly what to expect :rolleyes: My post was meant half seriously and half as a personal tease ;)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

:blushing: Where were you when I was doing that!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yo, Solitary Walker. Umpteen pages in and my life is passing before my eyes, and still no specific examples of this INFJ behavior that confounds you, despite repeated requests for same.

I would like to help you but you natter on so ... and I'm not in the mood to guess.

What exactly are you talking about.