User Tag List

First 91011

Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: INFJs

  1. #101
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I find this type and people representing it to be somewhat interesting.

    Highly intuitive and therefore often brilliantly perceptive.

    The Ni-Fe combination often creates the Fi affect germane to what we see in INFPs, hence the INFJs will be able to offer profound insights into human nature and relationships. Very much worth listening to.

    Yet, when they turn to their Fe, I notice myself rapidly losing regard for them. Not because I have an aversion to feelings in general, this does not happen to me with INFPs who are much more feeling-oriented than the INFJs. I lose regard for them because at this point its not even about interpersonal matters anymore or exploration of the human element, its just cant. Its about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow.

    So, my question to other INTPs is, can you relate?

    And to all, how can one overcome this problem having engaged the INFJ. I am not talking about any particular relationship per se. What I am looking for is a way to avoid losing the tie due to their Fe, as that aspect of their character not only vitiates their much esteemed intuitive insights, but also my interpersonal connection with them.


    *FJs---keep in mind, I am not looking for a solution to settle into, I'd be much more interested in your brainstorming than your conclusions. I already have a plausible solution in mind to this problem, more perspectives would never hurt.
    Deficient.
    Genuinity is judged by the outsider?

    Genuinity is judged by the understanding of the insider.

  2. #102
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I find this type and people representing it to be somewhat interesting.
    Insult number 1: "somewhat" interesting. "Somewhat" used that way is not a positive qualifier, are you aware of that?

    The Ni-Fe combination often creates the Fi affect germane to what we see in INFPs, hence the INFJs will be able to offer profound insights into human nature and relationships. Very much worth listening to.
    Insult number 2: our Ni-Fe combination is not interesting in itself, but only because it reminds you of INFPs' Fi.

    So you open your post with a double insult towards INFJs... Way to go

    Yet, when they turn to their Fe, I notice myself rapidly losing regard for them. Not because I have an aversion to feelings in general, this does not happen to me with INFPs who are much more feeling-oriented than the INFJs. I lose regard for them because at this point its not even about interpersonal matters anymore or exploration of the human element, its just cant. Its about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow.
    Would you say that when INFPs turn to their Fi, or when INTPs turn to their Ti, it's cant too? If not, why not?

    Oh, and you're wrong, of course. Turning to Fe is NOT "about showing emotion just to show it irrespectively of how trite and hollow". That may be your perception, but you're wrong. Turning to Fe is quite simply our perfectly normal and respectable way of dealing with the outside world. Fe is our Auxiliary, thus it is the function we preferentially use to deal with other people.

    And to all, how can one overcome this problem having engaged the INFJ.
    Realise the error of your way, and respect the INFJ's perfectly normal and respectable way of dealing with the outside world.

    What I am looking for is a way to avoid losing the tie due to their Fe, as that aspect of their character not only vitiates their much esteemed intuitive insights, but also my interpersonal connection with them.
    See above.

  3. #103
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    So you open your post with a double insult towards INFJs... Way to go
    I recommend that you put him on ignore as soon as possible. Unless you like to argue about whether or not he is being objective in his observations and opinions.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  4. #104
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I recommend that you put him on ignore as soon as possible. Unless you like to argue about whether or not he is being objective in his observations and opinions.
    We already butted heads on INFPgc, so I know exactly what to expect My post was meant half seriously and half as a personal tease

  5. #105
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Good. I'm just making sure.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #106
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Thanks

  7. #107
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I recommend that you put him on ignore as soon as possible. Unless you like to argue about whether or not he is being objective in his observations and opinions.
    :blushing: Where were you when I was doing that!

  8. #108
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Yo, Solitary Walker. Umpteen pages in and my life is passing before my eyes, and still no specific examples of this INFJ behavior that confounds you, despite repeated requests for same.

    I would like to help you but you natter on so ... and I'm not in the mood to guess.

    What exactly are you talking about.

  9. #109
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Damn for a minute I thought Wandering returned. Oh well!

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs - anger and upset?
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ Compatibility - INFJ's Romantic Match?
    By shadowstormz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 06:09 AM
  3. [INFJ] Psychic INFJ's?
    By shadowstormz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ organizational strategies
    By Scruffy1123 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:45 AM
  5. [INFJ] Any INFJ girls?
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 04:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO