User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFP changing types?

I'm a social INFP which means I like meeting and talking to new people but I'm tired afterward unlike extroverts who gain energy from being around people. I talk with people easily not because I've suddenly become extroverted, but I've learned conversation skills, patterning, etc. They're just skills like bicycling or chess.

However, I do take on the behaviors of other types depending which Role I'm in. Everyone has a single Identity, but we have multiple Roles like father, son, sibling, employee, husband, writer, artist, etc.

As an employee, I exhibit INTJ behavior. When I'm by myself, I'm an INFP. When I'm with clients, I go into ENFP mode. I take on whichever behavior will make me most successful in that Role.
    Dare to be what you are and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. - Henri Frederic Amiel - Blogging my thoughts on what it means to be an INFP

is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar

ah, I get it now. thanks guys
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx

One of my close INFP friends definitely comes across as an extrovert to me, and I usually surprise her that I'm an introvert because I'm kind of outgoing with her, but it's because the two of us click well and share common values, so I tend to let my hair down. It's something I really enjoy about interacting with INFPs in real life, I get this soothing gentle vibe from them, but at the same time, they teach me how to have fun.

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche