• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enFp: becoming more enTp?

revolve

hey guys, just wanted a "brush up" / "cheat sheet" / cliffs notes type answers about . . . what does it mean when an enfp is seeming to become more enTp or inTp ish???

- like i am getting really comfortable expressing my opinion to people who may or may not agree

- i care a whole hell of a lot less about having people like me or approve of me in general. it's almost scarey.

- i feel like i may be becoming "cold" but at the same time i realize that i am just so tired of being "accomodating" to people all the time.

- i guess the easiest way to break it down is the "people pleaser" in me is becoming dead . . . she's fading, fading, fading away . . . is this Te or is this self esteem / maturing . . . .is this good for an enfp? healthy? i guess i am becoming the "me" that i was always scared to be or show but now i don't give a damn . . . & feel like maybe i need to give more of a damn -OR- just find a bunch of NT friends cuz the NFs (irl) are seeming a little "soft" (irl) to me lately.

gromit

likes this
hey guys, just wanted a "brush up" / "cheat sheet" / cliffs notes type answers about . . . what does it mean when an enfp is seeming to become more enTp or inTp ish???

- like i am getting really comfortable expressing my opinion to people who may or may not agree

- i care a whole hell of a lot less about having people like me or approve of me in general. it's almost scarey.

- i feel like i may be becoming "cold" but at the same time i realize that i am just so tired of being "accomodating" to people all the time.

- i guess the easiest way to break it down is the "people pleaser" in me is becoming dead . . . she's fading, fading, fading away . . . is this Te or is this self esteem / maturing . . . .is this good for an enfp? healthy? i guess i am becoming the "me" that i was always scared to be or show but now i don't give a damn . . . & feel like maybe i need to give more of a damn -OR- just find a bunch of NT friends cuz the NFs (irl) are seeming a little "soft" (irl) to me lately.

Maybe just think about if it's good for YOU rather than good for an enfp... keep tabs on it and decide if you think you are growing in a positive way or if you are just picking up on bad habits.

My guess is that you're developing your "tert Te" that Orobas is always talking about... :D

lithasblot

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've read that one is not locked in to being ENFP all the time, that those are just the functions that come naturally to you and may come earlier in life. I am an ENFP and have become, over time, and much more organized person and much better able to keep up with paying my bills, cleaning my house, etc.

I envy you though, because I really need to develop a thicker skin and not care so much what people think! I'm working on it. Oddly, even though I'm an extrovert, if I have enough down time, it gives me a chance to collect my thoughts and remind myself whose opinion I don't care about. I get a lot of energy and stimulation from people, but sometimes too much so.