User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking out your emotions on someone

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Well it's fairly common, but I don't think it's the healthiest way to deal with a situation. People are not always healthy and they are not always reasonable.
    Yes, I agree. Sometimes things just nag you long enough end before you know it, you snap. And even if it is only for a second, the damage is done already.

As Lux pointed out, when I see people doing that to me, I try to analyze their behaviour as well, to put myself into their position so that I wouldn't really be offended by their outbursts too much.

Personally I do take out my emotion on people when I'm stressed or really tired. I can be really nasty. And it happens more with people I'm closer to. I don't enjoy it, that's for sure, and I feel really bad afterwards. I do try to recognize when I get this way and hold back and I usually manage to do that with strangers or people who don't know me that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    I notice I disappear if Im mad. I do not see people as much out of fear I will take out my emotions on them. It soon passes and I come back out of my shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    ^I do that too!

Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I hermit myself into my room, just so that I don't spoil the fun for others.. it'd make me feel like a total nincompoop if I did.
    Oh, god I thought this was just me...I try to just retreat but sometimes I will push others out as well to increase my breathing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post

I've noticed that when people are angry or sad about something, they sometimes project their anger and sadness to those around them even though the people around them are not even remotely related to the source of their anger/sadness.

Is this normal?

Personally when I'm upset about something, I try not to show it because I find it's unfair to spread unpleasant feelings to those around me when they're not the cause of my problem.
    Are these people directly saying you are the cause of the emo or are they just releasing emotions in your proximity? I know the EXTPs and even my ISTP husband seemed to echo what you are saying regarding not spreading unpleasant feelings to others. EXFPs will share in an attempt to validate the emotion, but this bothers Fe users a lot.